|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She hates Duke Frederick.
(b) Her father's banishment.
(c) She hates the court.
(d) She and Celia do not get along.
2. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
(b) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(c) He writes her many poems.
(d) He has always been loyal to the court.
3. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
4. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
(a) Judas Isaiah.
(b) Judas Priest.
(c) Judas Peter Paul.
(d) Judas Iscariot.
5. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(b) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(c) A peasant and dull cloth.
(d) A prostitute and thorny rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
2. Who else is with Duke Senior and dressed like foresters?
3. Whom does Rosalind think she and Celia should bring with them?
4. Where do Orlando and his traveling companion go the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)