|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(a) Duke Senior.
2. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His master's.
(b) His servant's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His sister's.
3. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
(b) It has the female characters.
(c) Jaques analogy.
(d) It shows the peace of country life.
4. Why has Jaques been avoiding Duke Senior?
(a) Jaques is afraid of Duke Senior.
(b) Duke Senior is too argumentative.
(c) He reminds him of court too much.
(d) Duke senior wants him out of the forest.
5. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Embraces him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is professing love for Phebe?
2. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
5. What does Duke Senior tell his company about life in exile?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)