|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
(a) Trying to mend the animal's injury.
(b) Comparing its fate to his own.
(c) Putting the animal out of its misery.
(d) Writing a poem about the animal.
2. Why has Jaques been avoiding Duke Senior?
(a) Duke senior wants him out of the forest.
(b) Duke Senior is too argumentative.
(c) He reminds him of court too much.
(d) Jaques is afraid of Duke Senior.
3. Who is Orlando talking to in the orchard at the opening of the play?
(b) His father.
4. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her father's banishment.
(b) She and Celia do not get along.
(c) She hates the court.
(d) She hates Duke Frederick.
5. What does Duke Senior tell his company about life in exile?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) It is a noble life.
(c) It is torture.
(d) It is free of peril.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Le Beau tell Rosalind and Celia that they have missed?
3. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
5. Who meets Orlando in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)