|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Orlando at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The road.
(b) At the river.
(c) The court.
(d) An orchard.
2. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Arden village.
(b) A carriage.
(c) Forest of Arden.
3. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) It has the female characters.
(b) It shows the peace of country life.
(c) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
(d) Jaques analogy.
4. Who is the father of Orlando and Oliver, who recently passed away?
(a) Duke Frederick.
(b) Duke Senior.
(c) Sir Rowland.
(d) Sir Adam.
5. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She hates the court.
(b) She hates Duke Frederick.
(c) She and Celia do not get along.
(d) Her father's banishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orlando's visitor say Orlando's enemy intends to do to him?
2. What does Duke Senior tell his company about life in exile?
3. What does Charles ask Oliver to do about Orlando?
4. What injured animal is Jaques crying over near the river?
5. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)