|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles ask Oliver to do about Orlando?
(a) To talk him out of the match.
(b) To send him to the country.
(c) To give him his inheritance.
(d) To kill him.
2. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
(a) Putting the animal out of its misery.
(b) Writing a poem about the animal.
(c) Trying to mend the animal's injury.
(d) Comparing its fate to his own.
3. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) The king's treasury.
(b) A kind, elderly woman.
(c) A charity fund.
(d) A retirement fund.
4. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She hates the court.
(b) Her father's banishment.
(c) She hates Duke Frederick.
(d) She and Celia do not get along.
5. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
(a) People in court.
(b) A gang.
(c) His brothers.
(d) The Lords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
2. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
3. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)