|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Duke Frederick want Rosalind and Celia to be found?
(a) He misses them.
(b) He fears for their safety.
(c) He feels betrayed.
(d) He needs their guidance.
2. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
(a) That Rosalind reciprocates.
(b) That they are changing.
(c) That he shares them, for Orlando.
(d) That they cannot be broken.
3. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She hates Duke Frederick.
(b) Her father's banishment.
(c) She hates the court.
(d) She and Celia do not get along.
4. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
(a) On the drawbridge.
(b) In the court.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In bed.
5. Who meets Orlando in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(d) Duke Frederick.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
2. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
3. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
4. What does Rosalind point out to Celia to make her understand why she feels the way she does about Orlando?
5. Whom does Duke Frederick summon after hearing about Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)