|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
(a) Running away.
2. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) On a horse heading toward the court.
(b) Forest of Arden.
(c) Outside the kingdom walls.
(d) The mountains.
3. Who is Orlando talking to in the orchard at the opening of the play?
(b) His father.
4. What injured animal is Jaques crying over near the river?
(a) A deer.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A fox.
5. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
(a) Comparing its fate to his own.
(b) Trying to mend the animal's injury.
(c) Putting the animal out of its misery.
(d) Writing a poem about the animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
2. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
3. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
4. What does Rosalind tell Orlando about her father?
5. What does Duke Frederick accuse Rosalind of being?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)