|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Orlando talking to in the orchard at the opening of the play?
(d) His father.
2. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
(a) He kills Orlando.
(b) He dislikes Orlando.
(c) He praises Orlando.
(d) He embraces Orlando.
3. Who is the court fool?
(b) Charles the wrestler.
4. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
(a) Writing a poem about the animal.
(b) Trying to mend the animal's injury.
(c) Comparing its fate to his own.
(d) Putting the animal out of its misery.
5. Who else is with Duke Senior and dressed like foresters?
(a) The Lords.
(b) The maidens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rosalind and Celia plan to go?
2. What injured animal is Jaques crying over near the river?
3. What does Rosalind confide in to Celia at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Whom does Rosalind think she and Celia should bring with them?
5. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)