|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
(a) Orlando is stronger.
(b) Orlando is like his father.
(c) Orlando is smarter.
(d) Orlando is better-looking.
2. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
(a) It is dangerous for women to travel alone.
(b) They do not want Duke Frederick to notice them.
(c) No one will rob them dressed as men.
(d) They think it is comical.
3. Who wants to speak to Jaques at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Lords.
(b) Duke Frederick.
(c) Duke Senior.
4. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
(b) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
(c) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
(d) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
5. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She hates the court.
(b) She and Celia do not get along.
(c) She hates Duke Frederick.
(d) Her father's banishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
2. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
3. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
4. Who else is with Duke Senior and dressed like foresters?
5. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)