|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
(a) Made amends with him.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Stolen from him.
(d) Banished him.
2. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
(a) Orlando's wedding.
(b) Orlando's education.
(c) Orlando's military training.
(d) Orlando's house.
3. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
(b) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
(c) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
(d) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
4. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
5. What does Celia wish she could do when Rosalind is dismissed from the court?
(a) Go with Rosalind.
(b) Find Rosalind's father.
(c) Apologize to Rosalind.
(d) Keep Rosalind there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalind confide in to Celia at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What were Sir Rowland and Duke Frederick when Sir Rowland was still alive?
3. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
4. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
5. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)