Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
(a) He dislikes Orlando.
(b) He embraces Orlando.
(c) He kills Orlando.
(d) He praises Orlando.
2. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
(b) Knights him.
(d) Pays him.
3. What does Le Beau tell Rosalind and Celia that they have missed?
(a) Good wrestling matches.
(b) A public execution.
(c) The jousting match.
(d) A musical serenade.
4. What does Rosalind confide in to Celia at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) That she despises Duke Frederick.
(b) Her revenge plot for Duke Frederick.
(c) Her attraction to Orlando.
(d) How much she misses her father.
5. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
(a) It is false.
(b) It is wise.
(c) It needs tweaking.
(d) It is naive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
2. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
3. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
4. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
5. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)