|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
(a) No one will rob them dressed as men.
(b) It is dangerous for women to travel alone.
(c) They think it is comical.
(d) They do not want Duke Frederick to notice them.
2. What does Rosalind tell Orlando about her father?
(a) That he killed Orlando's father.
(b) That he loved Orlando's father.
(c) That he financially supported Orlando's father.
(d) That he hated Orlando's father.
3. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A "missing you" letter.
(b) A hate letter.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) A love letter.
4. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
(b) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
(c) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
(d) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
5. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Duke Senior's cottage.
(b) Duke Senior's cave.
(c) Duke Senior's garden.
(d) Duke Senior's tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
2. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
3. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
4. What does Rosalind persuade Celia to pretend to be?
5. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)