|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
(a) He loves an unlovable woman.
(b) He is really a bad man.
(c) He has plenty of money.
(d) He will find a nicer woman.
2. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
(d) Her inheritance.
3. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She hates Duke Frederick.
(b) She and Celia do not get along.
(c) She hates the court.
(d) Her father's banishment.
4. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind will happen if she does not follow his orders?
(a) She will become a slave.
(b) She will be penniless.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will be relocated.
5. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) Mentioning the court.
(b) His depressed attitude.
(c) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(d) Eavesdropping on conversations.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
2. Who asks Corin for food?
3. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
4. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
5. What does Orlando end up doing to Charles?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)