Act 1, Scene 1
• Orlando is in the orchard talking to his servant, Adam, about his older brother, Oliver.
• Oliver became guardian of Orlando and Jaques when their father, Sir Rowland, died.
• Oliver appears and Orlando tells him to either give him his education or the money their father left him.
• Dennis tells Oliver that Charles the Wrestler is waiting for him and that Duke Senior has been banished to the forest by his brother, Duke Frederick.
• Rosalind, Duke Senior daughter, has been kept at court as company for Duke Frederick's daughter, Celia.
• Charles tells Oliver that Orlando intends to wrestle, so Oliver hatches a plan for Charles to snap Orlando's neck during the match.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Rosalind is depressed about her father, so Celia promises to split her inheritance with Rosalind once Duke Frederick dies.
• Duke Frederick tells the girls to try to persuade Orlando not to fight in...
This section contains 1,669 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)