|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Vera that lingers in the room?
(a) Her negativity
(b) Her sense of hope
(c) Her sadness
(d) Her scent
2. Seeing Camilla's apartment after the earthquake, Arturo:
(a) Calls the firemen to the building
(b) Goes in and tries to find Vera
(c) Wails with regret
(d) Assumes she has died
3. Arturo's initial response to Camilla's request is to:
(a) Ignore her and go back to his novel
(b) Throw her out of his apartment
(c) Write a nice goodbye letter to Sammy
(d) Write a scathing, hurtful letter to Sammy
4. Camilla's response to the milk Arturo gets for her is to:
(a) Ignore it
(c) Throw it
5. Arturo's next story will be based on:
Short Answer Questions
1. Arturo's responds to Vera's disfigured skin by:
2. Arturo feels his novel will serve to:
3. When Arturo does something nice, he is often:
4. How does Arturo escape from Vera at the bar?
5. After writing his attack on the Catholic church, Arturo:
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Arturo's response to seeing Camilla laughing over his telegram by going dancing. Is his response predictable?
2. Arturo seems invigorated by having experienced the earthquake in Long Beach. Why is he so vocal and full of stories about his heroism?
3. Do you consider Arturo pathetic for taking Camilla's hat?
4. Why is Arturo no longer feeling particularly threatened by Sammy?
5. What does Arturo have against Sammy? How does Sammy help Arturo?
6. What is Vera's opinion of Arturo's writing?
7. Arturo is feeling fairly good until Camilla shows up. What emotions does Camilla bring out in Arturo?
8. Does maturity has much to do with the constant friction between Arturo and Camilla?
9. Why does Arturo return to the Alta Loma hotel after Camilla disappears?
10. Discuss what happens to Arturo's relationship with Hellfrick.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)