|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arturo's writer's block is so strong that he:
(a) Writes his mother asking for an idea
(b) Curses himself and gives up
(c) Prays to St. Theresa for an idea
(d) Converses with the mouse about an idea
2. Arturo asks Camilla if her huaraches:
(a) Hurt her feet
(b) Are her way of making a statement about herself
(c) Help her emphasize that she is a filthy greaser
(d) Could be any shabbier
3. None of the guests who stayed in the hotel ever:
(a) Had read The Little Dog Laughed
(b) Liked Mrs. Hargraves
(c) Were kind to Arturo
(d) Were respectful of Arturo's talent
4. Except for one nickel, Arturo uses the small amount of money from Hellfrick to:
(a) Buy cookies
(b) Buy milk
(c) Buy writing paper
(d) Pay rent
5. Camilla's new shoes are:
(a) White sandals
(b) White, high-heeled pumps
(c) White flats
(d) White huaraches
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arturo decide to do with the prostitute?
2. Instead of leaving the hotel for good, Arturo decides to:
3. As they come out of their churches, Arturo sees the Parkers' and Smiths' faces as:
4. His departure from the prostitute's room leaves Arturo feeling:
5. Slinging racial slurs at Camilla is:
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Arturo finally ask his mother for money?
2. Why does Arturo mention Benny Cohen in this chapter?
3. With all the stimulus in Los Angeles, why do you suppose Arturo has writer's block?
4. Why does Arturo give Mrs. Hargraves an extra five dollars with his rent payment?
5. Discuss the possible reason that Arturo decided to become a writer, which is couched in this Chapter.
6. Discuss the essence of Burt Hargraves, and its effect on Arturo Bandini.
7. In Chapter 2, Arturo's many fears are revealed. Why do you suppose Arturo is so frightened of women?
8. What makes Chapter 2 comical, if anything?
9. Discuss Arturo's feelings toward those people he sees coming out of their church.
10. What does Arturo's interaction with Judy Palmer tell us about him?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)