• Arturo Bandini is a young man who has relocated to Los Angeles to pursue his career as a writer.
• Bandini is residing at the Alta Loma Hotel in a ground-level room with a large palm tree just outside.
• Los Angeles is dusty, busy and not pleasant during this era of post-depression.
• Bandini has writer's block and meanders aimlessly in his Bunker Hill neighborhood.
• Bandini has low self-esteem, is very broke and hungry, and unable to pay his rent.
• Arturo Bandini lives in his daydreams, memories, and fantasies of women, success and recognition.
• Bandini's only published work is called "The Little Dog Laughed," which was published in New York by a man named Hackmuth.
• Arturo remembers a time in his past when he tried to be with a prostitute.
• Arturo is miserable with doubts about his talent, and reviews his fears and phobias.
• Arturo checks out a...
This section contains 1,667 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)