|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Aisha and Nadira speak to, revealing the truth about their family, in order for Aisha to become valedictorian?
(a) Mr. Rashid.
(b) Mr. Robeson.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
2. In Section 8: Chapter 10, Nadira wakes as Immigration arrives to demand documentation from whom?
3. Who argues with a female officer about using her cell phone in Section 8: Chapter 10?
4. Who is the college counselor who meets with Nadira as well as her high school counselor in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Anderson.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Roble.
(d) Mrs. Willshire.
5. What does Nadira decide to do at the end of Section 11: Chapter 14?
(a) Call her father.
(b) Call Uncle.
(c) Run away.
(d) Give over the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confides that her mom is threatening to throw her dad out in Section 9: Chapter 11?
2. Nadira spies on the woman her friend's father is suspected of having an affair with and gains access to her apartment building by claiming to be selling what?
3. Where does Nadira's family stop for lunch on their way to their final appeal in Section 14: Chapter 18?
4. A police officer finally tells Nadira's family that Uncle is being detained and moved to a facility where in Section 8: Chapter 10?
5. How much money does Nadira intend to give Tareq for the green card in Section 11: Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the judge's decision in the final immigration appeal of the Hossains in Section 14: Chapter 18?
2. What dream does Nadira describe in the beginning of Section 14: Chapter 18? Who awakens her, and why?
3. What does Mr. Friedlander accost Aisha about in Section 10: Chapter 12? What is Aisha's response?
4. How does Tareq describe the process of fake documentation in Section 11: Chapter 14?
5. How does Nadira feel about being included with Aisha's friends at school in Section 9: Chapter 11?
6. Who joins Nadira's family at the police station in Section 8: Chapter 10? What is the reaction to his presence?
7. What happens at the beginning of the preliminary hearing in Section 12: Chapter 15?
8. What is Aisha's response when Nadira asks how she could skip her interview in Section 10: Chapter 12?
9. What commotion awakens Nadira in Section 8: Chapter 10? How is the scene described?
10. What does Nadira do in order to save her father in Section 11: Chapter 13? Who does she see first?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)