|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aisha say her family entered the country in Section 14: Chapter 17?
(a) With green cards.
(b) With work visas.
(c) Across the Mexican border.
(d) With tourist visas.
2. Who does Nadira discover has disappeared in Section 13: Chapter 16?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
3. Uncle is furious because Aisha has helped who run away in Section 13: Chapter 16?
(a) Lily Yee.
4. Aisha yells out in her sleep at night, and she confesses she had a nightmare about what in Section 9: Chapter 11?
(a) Being killed.
(b) Being detained.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Being abandoned.
5. What does Nadira decide to do at the end of Section 11: Chapter 14?
(a) Run away.
(b) Call her father.
(c) Give over the money.
(d) Call Uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Uncle and Auntie planning to return in Section 13: Chapter 16?
2. How long ago does Aisha say her family came to the United States in Section 14: Chapter 17?
3. When Nadira asks Aisha why she skipped her interview, Aisha confesses she was what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
4. Nadira's father took her to the city pool at what park to teach her to swim as a child?
5. Mr. Rashid hopes the appeal will come through, but otherwise, the Hossains will do what, in Section 13: Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nadira feel about being included with Aisha's friends at school in Section 9: Chapter 11?
2. What commotion awakens Nadira in Section 8: Chapter 10? How is the scene described?
3. Who joins Nadira's family at the police station in Section 8: Chapter 10? What is the reaction to his presence?
4. Where does Tarez take Nadira in Section 11: Chapter 14? What does Nadira decide to do there?
5. What does Aisha admit to Nadira when she joins her in the playground in Section 13: Chapter 16?
6. What memory of her father does Nadira relate in the beginning of Section 11: Chapter 13?
7. What is the judge's decision in the final immigration appeal of the Hossains in Section 14: Chapter 18?
8. How does Aisha's behavior and demeanor change in Section 9: Chapter 11? How does Taslima's?
9. How does Nadira describe the setting of the apartment in Section 9: Chapter 11? What do Nadira and Aisha do to help the situation?
10. Who does Nadira meet on the Barnard campus during Aisha's interview in Section 10: Chapter 12? What does she think of the campus?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)