|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 11: Chapter 13, Nadira recalls how who was praised in Dhaka for being a great swimmer and for his strong lungs?
2. Who is the college counselor who meets with Nadira as well as her high school counselor in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Anderson.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Willshire.
(d) Mrs. Roble.
3. What does Aisha admit she is in her speech in Section 14: Chapter 17?
(a) A cheater.
(b) An illegal immigrant.
(c) An illegitimate child.
(d) A Communist.
4. While riding the bus in Section 12: Chapter 15, an American guy starts talking to Nadira about visiting his sick mother who he has not seen in how long?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 years.
5. What is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry?
(a) Immigration License.
(c) Deportation papers.
(d) Alien papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nadira take a bus in the beginning of Section 12: Chapter 15?
2. In literature, what is the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
3. Where are Uncle and Auntie planning to return in Section 13: Chapter 16?
4. What is the capital of Bangladesh?
5. Uncle is furious because Aisha has helped who run away in Section 13: Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nadira tell the court at Abba's preliminary hearing in Section 12: Chapter 15?
2. What does Aisha do with her college acceptance letters in Section 13: Chapter 16? Why?
3. What does Mr. Friedlander accost Aisha about in Section 10: Chapter 12? What is Aisha's response?
4. Who joins Nadira's family at the police station in Section 8: Chapter 10? What is the reaction to his presence?
5. What memory of her father does Nadira relate in the beginning of Section 11: Chapter 13?
6. How does the family react when Uncle is detained in Section 8: Chapter 10? What do they attempt to do?
7. What tension breaks the celebrations in Section 13: Chapter 16?
8. What is Aisha's response when Nadira asks how she could skip her interview in Section 10: Chapter 12?
9. What commotion awakens Nadira in Section 8: Chapter 10? How is the scene described?
10. How does Aisha's behavior and demeanor change in Section 9: Chapter 11? How does Taslima's?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)