|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day do Nadira, Abba and Ma return home from a walk in the park to find an uproar at home in Section 13: Chapter 16?
2. In Section 14: Chapter 17, Aisha takes the stage to do what?
(a) Perform Shakespeare.
(b) Give her valedictorian speech.
(c) Accept her diploma.
(d) Accept her immigration papers.
3. When Nadira asks Aisha why she skipped her interview, Aisha confesses she was what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
4. How long ago does Aisha say her family came to the United States in Section 14: Chapter 17?
(a) 8 years ago.
(b) 5 years ago.
(c) 4 years ago.
(d) 10 years ago.
5. Who talks about how her graduation present will be visiting her grandparents in India in Section 9: Chapter 11?
(d) Lily Yee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nadira take a bus in the beginning of Section 12: Chapter 15?
2. In literature, what is the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
3. Where are Uncle and Auntie planning to return in Section 13: Chapter 16?
4. Tareq shows Nadira what when she gets into his car in Section 11: Chapter 14?
5. Nadira overhears the school counselors saying that Muslim girls often decide not to go to college after what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aisha close her valedictorian speech in Section 14: Chapter 17?
2. Where does Tarez take Nadira in Section 11: Chapter 14? What does Nadira decide to do there?
3. How does Aisha begin her valedictorian speech in Section 14: Chapter 17?
4. What is the judge's response to Nadira's statements to the court in Section 12: Chapter 15?
5. What uproar do the Hossains find when they arrive home from the park in Section 13: Chapter 16?
6. What does Mr. Friedlander accost Aisha about in Section 10: Chapter 12? What is Aisha's response?
7. How does Aisha's behavior and demeanor change in Section 9: Chapter 11? How does Taslima's?
8. What is the judge's decision in the final immigration appeal of the Hossains in Section 14: Chapter 18?
9. What memory of her father does Nadira relate in the beginning of Section 11: Chapter 13?
10. What is Aisha's response when Nadira asks how she could skip her interview in Section 10: Chapter 12?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)