|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) That he is detained.
(b) That he is sick.
(c) That they are being deported.
2. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
3. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
4. Who questions why Aisha applied to a college in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
5. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
2. What is the name of Nadira's best friend in the novel?
3. Nadira's older sister cries as the family passes through Boston because she has always wanted to do what?
4. Where does Abba send his daughters when he is detained for having an expired visa in Section 2: Chapter 2?
5. What does INS stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nadira feel about her sister? How does she describe Aisha in Section 1: Chapter 1?
2. Where does Aisha take Nadira in Section 6: Chapter 8? Why?
3. What do Nadira and Aisha learn from Ali-uncle in Section 7: Chapter 9? What does Ali-uncle agree to do to help?
4. How does Nadira describe Aisha's integration into American society and culture in Section 3: Chapter 4?
5. How is the character of Taslima described in Section 4: Chapter 5? How did Taslima meet Tim?
6. When do Nadira and Aisha return to school in Section 4: Chapter 5? Who first approaches them? Why?
7. What thoughts consume the Nadira and Aisha in Section 1: Chapter 1 as the family drives to seek asylum?
8. What do Aisha and Nadira learn from their mother in Section 7: Chapter 9? Who approaches, attempting to help?
9. Where do Abba's children and wife go when he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2? What does he tell them?
10. What interaction does Nadira have with her sister at school in Section 5: Chapter 6? How does she feel about it?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)