|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nadira and Aisha learn that Abba saved how much money for their college tuition secretly in Section 7: Chapter 9?
2. Uncle works in what profession in the novel?
3. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
4. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
5. What school counselor informs Aisha that he has arranged a college interview for her in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Chen.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aisha and Nadira map out their argument for writing the new director of immigration and who, pleading for special circumstances in Section 7: Chapter 9?
2. Nadira's older sister cries as the family passes through Boston because she has always wanted to do what?
3. When Abba saw Ma at a Bengali New Year fair, he refused to do what until his father arranged their marriage?
4. Where does the second lawyer hired by the Hossains say it had been a mistake for them to go?
5. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dangers worry Nadira's parents about their attempts to seek asylum in Section 1: Chapter 1?
2. What does Abba's family do once he is taken away in Section 2: Chapter 2? How do they feel?
3. How does Nadira feel about her sister? How does she describe Aisha in Section 1: Chapter 1?
4. What does Nadira think about her sister on the ride back home in Section 3: Chapter 4? What do they talk about?
5. What interaction does Nadira have with her sister at school in Section 5: Chapter 6? How does she feel about it?
6. What does Nadira relate of her sense of moral goodness in Section 6: Chapter 7? How does she relate this to her ancestry?
7. Where do Abba's children and wife go when he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2? What does he tell them?
8. What do Nadira and Aisha learn from Ali-uncle in Section 7: Chapter 9? What does Ali-uncle agree to do to help?
9. What does Nadira say her father has taught her about morality in America in Section 6: Chapter 7?
10. Who accosts Nadira on the bus in Section 5: Chapter 6? What is Nadira's response?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)