|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangladesh is bordered by India on all sides except for a small border with what country to the far southeast?
2. The stated priorities of what organization are to promote national security, to eliminate immigration case backlogs, and to improve customer services?
(a) The USCIS.
3. Where do Nadira and Aisha go after school to try calling the INS in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Dunkin' Donuts.
(b) Ali-uncle's shop.
(c) Uncle's office.
4. What is the name of Nadira and Aisha's older cousin?
(a) Lily Yee.
5. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
(d) The USCIS.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
2. Who does Nadira attempt to cheat off of in her geometry quiz in Section 5: Chapter 6?
3. Aisha tells Nadira that she needs to do what, now that she is in charge in Section 3: Chapter 4?
4. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of Nadira's father in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction does Nadira have with her sister at school in Section 5: Chapter 6? How does she feel about it?
2. What does Nadira say her father has taught her about morality in America in Section 6: Chapter 7?
3. What does Nadira relate of her sense of moral goodness in Section 6: Chapter 7? How does she relate this to her ancestry?
4. How have Nadira's feelings about her sister changed at the end of Section 7: Chapter 9? Why?
5. Where do Abba's children and wife go when he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2? What does he tell them?
6. Where does Nadira go to visit Ali-uncle in Section 4: Chapter 5? How is this character described?
7. Where does Aisha take Nadira in Section 6: Chapter 8? Why?
8. What interaction does Nadira have with Tareq in Section 4: Chapter 5? How does she describe this character?
9. What do Nadira and Aisha learn from Ali-uncle in Section 7: Chapter 9? What does Ali-uncle agree to do to help?
10. What does Abba tell the border officer in Section 2: Chapter 2? What does the officer respond?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)