|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the second lawyer that the Hossains hire to make them legal?
(a) Mr. Rashid.
(b) Mr. Tareq.
(c) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
2. How many of the twenty questions on Nadira's geometry quiz does she complete in Section 5: Chapter 6?
3. What is Nadira's last name in the novel?
4. Where do Nadira and Aisha go to help Ma buy a coat in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(b) Burlington Coat Factory.
(d) The Salvation Army.
5. Where does the second lawyer hired by the Hossains say it had been a mistake for them to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nadira's family hired their second immigration lawyer after who saw him on television and convinced him to take their case?
2. When was the U.S.A. Patriot Act signed into law?
3. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
4. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
5. Where do Nadira and Aisha go after school to try calling the INS in Section 7: Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the Hossains to seek asylum in Canada in Section 1: Chapter 1?
2. What does Tim inform Nadira and Aisha regarding their father at the end of Section 5: Chapter 6?
3. What does Abba tell the border officer in Section 2: Chapter 2? What does the officer respond?
4. Where do Abba's children and wife go when he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2? What does he tell them?
5. What do Aisha and Nadira learn from their mother in Section 7: Chapter 9? Who approaches, attempting to help?
6. What scene does Aisha make publicly in Section 6: Chapter 8? Why?
7. What thoughts consume the Nadira and Aisha in Section 1: Chapter 1 as the family drives to seek asylum?
8. What does Nadira say her father has taught her about morality in America in Section 6: Chapter 7?
9. What dangers worry Nadira's parents about their attempts to seek asylum in Section 1: Chapter 1?
10. What do Nadira and Aisha learn from Ali-uncle in Section 7: Chapter 9? What does Ali-uncle agree to do to help?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)