|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A police officer finally tells Nadira's family that Uncle is being detained and moved to a facility where in Section 8: Chapter 10?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) The Bronx.
2. Mr. Rashid hopes the appeal will come through, but otherwise, the Hossains will do what, in Section 13: Chapter 16?
(a) Try to gain asylum in Egypt.
(b) Try to gain asylum in India.
(c) Try to return to Canada.
(d) Try to gain asylum in Mexico.
3. Barnard College has been affiliated with what institution since 1900?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Columbia University.
4. What refers to the point in the story where the main character's point of view changes, or the most exciting part of the story in literature?
(c) Rising Action.
(d) Falling Action.
5. After Nadira and Aisha organize their letters and send them they celebrate with what in Section 9: Chapter 11?
6. What is an academic title given to the second highest graduate of the entire graduating class of a specific discipline?
7. While riding the bus in Section 12: Chapter 15, an American guy starts talking to Nadira about visiting his sick mother who he has not seen in how long?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 years.
8. Aisha boasts about getting what grade in U. S. Government in Section 9: Chapter 11?
9. In Section 11: Chapter 13, Nadira recalls how who was praised in Dhaka for being a great swimmer and for his strong lungs?
10. Nadira meets an Asian girl who is studying to become what while visiting Barnard College in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A biologist.
(c) A veterenarian.
(d) A geologist.
11. When Nadira phones Ma, she learns Abba's preliminary hearing has been scheduled and will determine if he will be released or _____, in Section 11: Chapter 13?
12. Where are Uncle and Auntie planning to return in Section 13: Chapter 16?
13. Who refuses to hand anything over without a lawyer present when Immigration arrives in Section 8: Chapter 10?
14. Mr. Rashid told Abba the appeal will either grant the Hossains residency or they will be deported in how much time, in Section 14: Chapter 18?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 30 days.
15. Who is angry with Aisha for missing debate team practices and meets in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Chen.
(c) Mr. Rashid.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the court, Nadira shows the court that Abba's identity has been mistaken, and she produces the $3,000 as proof that it was savings, not what?
2. Who joins Nadira's family at the station house when Immigration arrives demanding documentation in Section 8: Chapter 10?
3. Who comes to apologize to Nadira while she sits in the playground in Section 13: Chapter 16?
4. What is an academic title conferred upon the student who delivers the closing or farewell statement at a graduation ceremony?
5. A letter arrives from the government informing the Hossains that the final appeal on their residency status will be on what date, in Section 13: Chapter 16?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)