|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nadira looks at Abba's paperwork and thinks she has found a way to save him. Worried her discovery will not be enough and she needs something bigger, she arranges to meet with whom in Section 11: Chapter 13?
(b) Mr. Friedlander.
(c) Mr. Rashid.
2. While riding the bus in Section 12: Chapter 15, an American guy starts talking to Nadira about visiting his sick mother who he has not seen in how long?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
3. Who blames herself for being unable to convince the immigration officials to let Uncle out in Section 8: Chapter 10?
4. Where does Ma stay while in Burlington when Abba is detained?
(a) An adjoining prison.
(b) A Super 8 motel.
(c) A Hilton hotel.
(d) A Salvation Army shelter.
5. A letter arrives from the government informing the Hossains that the final appeal on their residency status will be on what date, in Section 13: Chapter 16?
(a) July 13.
(b) August 3.
(c) June 12.
(d) November 12.
6. What language do the members of Nadira's family speak principally?
7. What does Nadira decide to do at the end of Section 11: Chapter 14?
(a) Run away.
(b) Call Uncle.
(c) Give over the money.
(d) Call her father.
8. What is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency?
(a) The ATF.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The SSS.
(d) The MNC.
9. When Nadira meets Aisha after her interview at Barnard College, Aisha is doing what by the front gate in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Calling her mother.
10. In Section 8: Chapter 10, Nadira wakes as Immigration arrives to demand documentation from whom?
11. Aisha claims she should not be on the debate team anymore because her parents are what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) In prison.
(d) Being deported.
12. As the hearing begins in Section 12: Chapter 15, the judge says they have grounds for deportation since Abba changed residences how many times without informing the INS?
13. What forms did Aisha apparently not fill out, according to the school counselors in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Her marriage certificate.
(b) Graduation forms.
(c) College entrance forms.
(d) Financial aid forms.
14. In the court, Nadira shows the court that Abba's identity has been mistaken, and she produces the $3,000 as proof that it was savings, not what?
(a) A contribution.
(b) Overseas investments.
(c) Extortion money.
(d) Blood money.
15. Who joins Nadira's family at the station house when Immigration arrives demanding documentation in Section 8: Chapter 10?
(b) Mr. Rashid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an ancient juridical notion, under which a person persecuted for political opinions or religious beliefs in his or her own country may be protected by another sovereign authority?
2. Where are Uncle and Auntie planning to return in Section 13: Chapter 16?
3. Nadira's father told her she could get through anything as long as she knows how to what, as revealed in Section 11: Chapter 13?
4. What is the capital of Bangladesh?
5. Mr. Rashid hopes the appeal will come through, but otherwise, the Hossains will do what, in Section 13: Chapter 16?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)