|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clarifying the man they want is _____, not Hossain, the judge accuses the agents of making a simple mistake in Section 12: Chapter 15.
2. Who did Aisha and Nadira speak to, revealing the truth about their family, in order for Aisha to become valedictorian?
(a) Mr. Friedlander.
(b) Mr. Robeson.
(c) Mr. Rashid.
3. Nadira overhears the school counselors saying that Muslim girls often decide not to go to college after what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Their marriages are arranged.
(b) They become pregnant.
(c) Their families decide to move back.
(d) Their parents are detained.
4. What refers to the point in the story where the main character's point of view changes, or the most exciting part of the story in literature?
(c) Falling Action.
(d) Rising Action.
5. A letter arrives from the government informing the Hossains that the final appeal on their residency status will be on what date, in Section 13: Chapter 16?
(a) July 13.
(b) June 12.
(c) November 12.
(d) August 3.
6. Where does Auntie work every morning in Section 9: Chapter 11?
(a) A corner bodega.
(b) The 99 cent store.
(c) Dunkin' Donuts.
7. When Nadira asks Aisha why she skipped her interview, Aisha confesses she was what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
8. Aisha claims she should not be on the debate team anymore because her parents are what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) In prison.
(d) Being deported.
9. Barnard College has been affiliated with what institution since 1900?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Harvard University.
10. Who does Uncle blame for sending Abba to Canada?
11. What does Auntie do until Taslima leads her to a corner diner where they eat breakfast after Uncle is detained in Section 8: Chapter 10?
(a) Does cartwheels.
(b) Calls her mother.
(c) Turns in circles.
(d) Screams at the police.
12. Where does Nadira sit in the playground where Ma brought her and Aisha when they first moved to Queens in Section 13: Chapter 16?
(a) On the monkey bars.
(b) On a bench.
(c) On the swingset.
(d) On the slide.
13. What means the expulsion of a person or group of people from a place or country?
14. Who argues with a female officer about using her cell phone in Section 8: Chapter 10?
15. Who joins the Hossains in the courtroom in Section 14: Chapter 18?
(a) Cassie David.
(b) Mr. Rashid.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Nadira and Aisha organize their letters and send them they celebrate with what in Section 9: Chapter 11?
2. How long ago does Aisha say her family came to the United States in Section 14: Chapter 17?
3. In Section 8: Chapter 10, Nadira wakes as Immigration arrives to demand documentation from whom?
4. Who blames herself for being unable to convince the immigration officials to let Uncle out in Section 8: Chapter 10?
5. Uncle and Auntie had called Ma to tell her that Nadira had what, in the beginning of Section 12: Chapter 15?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)