|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day do Nadira, Abba and Ma return home from a walk in the park to find an uproar at home in Section 13: Chapter 16?
2. Nadira overhears the school counselors saying that Muslim girls often decide not to go to college after what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Their families decide to move back.
(b) Their parents are detained.
(c) Their marriages are arranged.
(d) They become pregnant.
3. A police officer finally tells Nadira's family that Uncle is being detained and moved to a facility where in Section 8: Chapter 10?
(b) The Bronx.
(c) New Jersey.
4. Who does Nadira discover has disappeared in Section 13: Chapter 16?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
5. Nadira's father told her she could get through anything as long as she knows how to what, as revealed in Section 11: Chapter 13?
6. What does Aisha admit she is in her speech in Section 14: Chapter 17?
(a) An illegitimate child.
(b) A Communist.
(c) An illegal immigrant.
(d) A cheater.
7. What is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry?
(a) Immigration License.
(b) Alien papers.
(c) Deportation papers.
8. Who joins the Hossains in the courtroom in Section 14: Chapter 18?
(b) Mr. Rashid.
(c) Cassie David.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
9. Where do Auntie and Nadira take a cab to get Uncle in Section 9: Chapter 11?
(a) Rhode Island.
(d) New Jersey.
10. Clarifying the man they want is _____, not Hossain, the judge accuses the agents of making a simple mistake in Section 12: Chapter 15.
11. When Nadira's family stops for lunch on their way to their final appeal, Nadira and Aisha joke about going where?
(a) To Canada.
(b) To Mexico.
(c) To Brazil.
(d) To Argentina.
12. Where does Nadira sit in the playground where Ma brought her and Aisha when they first moved to Queens in Section 13: Chapter 16?
(a) On the slide.
(b) On the monkey bars.
(c) On a bench.
(d) On the swingset.
13. Barnard College has been affiliated with what institution since 1900?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Rutgers University.
14. Who argues with a female officer about using her cell phone in Section 8: Chapter 10?
15. In Section 8: Chapter 10, Nadira wakes as Immigration arrives to demand documentation from whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are seven liberal arts colleges in the Northeastern United States that are historically women's colleges?
2. What is the judge's decision at the Hossains' final appeal for residency in Section 14: Chapter 18?
3. Who does Uncle blame for sending Abba to Canada?
4. Aisha yells out in her sleep at night, and she confesses she had a nightmare about what in Section 9: Chapter 11?
5. At what time does a police officer finally tell the family that Uncle is being detained in Section 8: Chapter 10?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)