|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security charged with regulating and facilitating international trade, collecting import duties, and enforcing U.S. regulations, including trade, customs and immigration?
(b) The USCIS.
2. What job did Nadira's father take upon arriving in the United States?
3. After Tim explains the Special Registration law, Abba wants to register, but who insists it is better to wait or return to Bangladesh?
(d) Lily Yee.
4. How many of the twenty questions on Nadira's geometry quiz does she complete in Section 5: Chapter 6?
5. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
6. Where does the second lawyer hired by the Hossains say it had been a mistake for them to go?
7. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
8. Aisha and Nadira stop at an all-you-can-eat buffet outside what city in Section 3: Chapter 4?
(d) New Paltz.
9. Where does Abba send his daughters when he is detained for having an expired visa in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Into Montreal.
(b) Back to Minnesota.
(c) Back to Bangladesh.
(d) Uncle and Auntie's apartment.
10. Where is Abba incarcerated when he is detained for having an expired visa?
(c) New Paltz.
11. Nadira's family is driving where to seek asylum in the beginning of the book?
(d) The United States.
12. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
13. What college has Aisha applied to in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(a) McGill University.
(b) Vancouver University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Montreal University.
14. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) They are happy to take in the family.
(b) They are no longer offering asylum.
(c) They are not accepting Muslim immigrants.
(d) They are overwhelmed with immigrants.
15. Where do Nadira and Aisha go to help Ma buy a coat in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(c) Burlington Coat Factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
2. Aisha tells Nadira she has been nominated for what in Section 5: Chapter 6?
3. Nadira's family hired their second immigration lawyer after who saw him on television and convinced him to take their case?
4. Who questions why Aisha applied to a college in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
5. Who invites Nadira to sit with her friends at lunch in Section 5: Chapter 6?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)