|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did a drought cause Nadira's great-grandparents to move to a small village in Bangladesh?
2. What refers to a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the U.S., reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur?
(a) Homeland Security.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Patriot Act.
3. How old is Nadira in the beginning of the novel?
4. Who invites Nadira to sit with her friends at lunch in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(a) Lily Yee.
5. What is the name of Nadira's father in the novel?
6. What sign does Nadira's family pass in Section 2: Chapter 2 that causes Abba to rub his chest?
(a) "Please Present Valid Documentation."
(b) "Now Entering the Republic of Canada."
(c) "Leaving the United States of America."
(d) "Passports Only Lane."
7. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
8. Along what border does Nadira's hope to stop and apply for asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(b) New York/Canada.
(d) North Dakota/Canada.
9. What is the name of Nadira's best friend in the novel?
(a) Lily Yee.
10. Aisha tells Nadira that she needs to do what, now that she is in charge in Section 3: Chapter 4?
(a) Go on a diet.
(b) Study more at school.
(c) Go on a date.
(d) Cut her hair.
11. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
12. In what grade was Aisha when she decided which clique of girls she wanted to befriend and begged Ma to buy her the same clothes, according to the narrator?
13. Nadira's older sister cries as the family passes through Boston because she has always wanted to do what?
(a) Attend Yale.
(b) Attend Harvard.
(c) Attend Princeton.
(d) Attend Columbia.
14. Who questions why Aisha applied to a college in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
15. What does INS stand for?
(a) Immigration and Nurturing Service.
(b) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(c) Immigration and Nationalization Service.
(d) Immigration and Neutralization Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nadira's geometry teacher in the book?
2. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
3. Where do Nadira and Aisha go to help Ma buy a coat in Section 2: Chapter 2?
4. What village in Bangladesh did Nadira's great-grandparents eventually settle in?
5. What school counselor informs Aisha that he has arranged a college interview for her in Section 4: Chapter 5?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)