|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once, Nadira came home to find what burning in a pan, and she ran outside to find Ma crying on a park bench?
2. The stated priorities of what organization are to promote national security, to eliminate immigration case backlogs, and to improve customer services?
(b) The USCIS.
3. Who mocks Aisha and Nadira for thinking they can make a difference in Section 7: Chapter 9?
4. What sign does Nadira's family pass in Section 2: Chapter 2 that causes Abba to rub his chest?
(a) "Now Entering the Republic of Canada."
(b) "Leaving the United States of America."
(c) "Please Present Valid Documentation."
(d) "Passports Only Lane."
5. How many of the twenty questions on Nadira's geometry quiz does she complete in Section 5: Chapter 6?
6. Aisha tells Nadira that she needs to do what, now that she is in charge in Section 3: Chapter 4?
(a) Study more at school.
(b) Go on a diet.
(c) Cut her hair.
(d) Go on a date.
7. Who invites Nadira to sit with her friends at lunch in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(b) Lily Yee.
8. What refers to a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the U.S., reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur?
(a) The Patriot Act.
(b) The CIA.
(c) Homeland Security.
(d) The FBI.
9. What does INS stand for?
(a) Immigration and Nurturing Service.
(b) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(c) Immigration and Nationalization Service.
(d) Immigration and Neutralization Service.
10. What is the name of Nadira's father in the novel?
11. Nadira and Aisha discover from their mother that they kept their savings with whom in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
12. What is a person, team, company, or other organization competing against another person or team, etc.?
13. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
14. Ma tells Nadira they finally have enough for Abba's bond and he will be released when in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Next week.
(b) In two weeks.
(d) Next month.
15. When was the U.S.A. Patriot Act signed into law?
(a) September 12, 2001.
(b) November 20, 2001.
(c) October 26, 2001.
(d) October 11, 2002.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
2. How much money does the officer tell Abba he must put together for a bond to apply for asylum in Canada again in Section 2: Chapter 2?
3. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
4. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
5. How old is Nadira in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)