|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the officer tell Abba he must put together for a bond to apply for asylum in Canada again in Section 2: Chapter 2?
2. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
3. What job did Nadira's father take upon arriving in the United States?
4. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
5. Taslima claims that "the only way to fight a political situation is to" what, in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) "Fight fair."
(b) "Run away."
(c) "Be political."
(d) "Fight crooked."
6. When Abba saw Ma at a Bengali New Year fair, he refused to do what until his father arranged their marriage?
7. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Rashid.
8. Where has the school counselor arranged for a college interview for Aisha in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Boston University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Barnard College.
(d) Princeton University.
9. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat like one that who wore in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Jackie Kennedy.
(b) Joan Crawford.
(c) Betty Davis.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
10. What village in Bangladesh did Nadira's great-grandparents eventually settle in?
11. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
12. Who approaches and offers to help get a fake green card for Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Rashid.
13. In what year did a drought cause Nadira's great-grandparents to move to a small village in Bangladesh?
14. After Tim explains the Special Registration law, Abba wants to register, but who insists it is better to wait or return to Bangladesh?
(d) Lily Yee.
15. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
(d) The USCIS.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
2. What is a federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security charged with regulating and facilitating international trade, collecting import duties, and enforcing U.S. regulations, including trade, customs and immigration?
3. Who does Nadira attempt to cheat off of in her geometry quiz in Section 5: Chapter 6?
4. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. Nadira and Aisha discover from their mother that they kept their savings with whom in Section 7: Chapter 9?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)