|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nadira's father in the novel?
2. Nadira often helps who in his newspaper store after school?
(b) Mr. Rashid.
(c) Mr. Friedlander.
3. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
4. According to the narrator, Ma's spirits lifted after Abba got cable because she loves watching what?
(a) Singing shows.
(c) Soap operas.
(d) Cooking shows.
5. What location in New York Harbor was the gateway for millions of immigrants to the United States?
(a) Hamilton Island.
(b) Ellis Island.
(c) Alexander Island.
(d) Golden Gate Bay.
6. What village in Bangladesh did Nadira's great-grandparents eventually settle in?
7. After Tim explains the Special Registration law, Abba wants to register, but who insists it is better to wait or return to Bangladesh?
(a) Lily Yee.
8. Nadira's family hired their second immigration lawyer after who saw him on television and convinced him to take their case?
9. What is Nadira's last name in the novel?
10. Nadira recounts how the first lawyer they hired to make them legal was investigated for what?
(a) Bank robbery.
11. Where do Aisha and Nadira attend school in the novel?
(a) Meadowlark High.
(b) Brooklyn Heights High.
(c) Flushing High.
(d) New York High.
12. Aisha tells Nadira she has been nominated for what in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(a) Class Secretary.
(b) Prom Queen.
(d) Class President.
13. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
14. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
15. In what grade was Aisha when she decided which clique of girls she wanted to befriend and begged Ma to buy her the same clothes, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. After what year did the Federal government, rather than the individual states, begin regulating immigration into the United States?
2. Who does Nadira attempt to cheat off of in her geometry quiz in Section 5: Chapter 6?
3. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
4. What is a person, team, company, or other organization competing against another person or team, etc.?
5. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)