|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what grade was Aisha when she decided which clique of girls she wanted to befriend and begged Ma to buy her the same clothes, according to the narrator?
2. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. What school counselor informs Aisha that he has arranged a college interview for her in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Friedlander.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Chen.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
4. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
5. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(b) Mr. Rashid.
6. What job did Nadira's father take upon arriving in the United States?
7. Who do Nadira and Aisha get to write a letter about Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) His boss.
(b) A police officer.
(c) His case worker.
(d) His father.
8. In what year did a drought cause Nadira's great-grandparents to move to a small village in Bangladesh?
9. What does Aisha say about her phone to the school counselor in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) It is cut off.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is working.
(d) The number changed.
10. When Abba saw Ma at a Bengali New Year fair, he refused to do what until his father arranged their marriage?
11. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
12. What is a federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security charged with regulating and facilitating international trade, collecting import duties, and enforcing U.S. regulations, including trade, customs and immigration?
(a) The USCIS.
13. What village in Bangladesh did Nadira's great-grandparents eventually settle in?
14. Nadira and Aisha discover from their mother that they kept their savings with whom in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(c) Mr. Rashid.
15. Nadira and Aisha learn that Abba saved how much money for their college tuition secretly in Section 7: Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Taslima claims that "the only way to fight a political situation is to" what, in Section 7: Chapter 9?
2. When Nadira's great-grandparents settled in a village due to famine, they found work where?
3. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat that is what color in Section 2: Chapter 2?
4. What college has Aisha applied to in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
5. Aisha and Nadira map out their argument for writing the new director of immigration and who, pleading for special circumstances in Section 7: Chapter 9?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)