|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, Ma's spirits lifted after Abba got cable because she loves watching what?
(a) Cooking shows.
(b) Soap operas.
(c) Singing shows.
2. Taslima met Tim while working at what?
(a) A human rights organization.
(b) A political campaign.
(c) A catering event.
(d) A Broadway musical.
3. On what day do Aisha and Nadira return to school in Section 4: Chapter 5?
4. From what country did Nadira's family emigrate to the United States?
5. Who does Nadira attempt to cheat off of in her geometry quiz in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(c) Lily Yee.
(d) Cassie David.
6. Aisha and Nadira map out their argument for writing the new director of immigration and who, pleading for special circumstances in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) The Bengali Ambassador.
(b) Their congressman.
(c) Their lawyer.
(d) The President.
7. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
8. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
9. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
10. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
(d) The USCIS.
11. Aisha tells Nadira she has been nominated for what in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(a) Class Secretary.
(c) Prom Queen.
(d) Class President.
12. What is the name of Nadira and Aisha's older cousin?
(d) Lily Yee.
13. Nadira often helps who in his newspaper store after school?
(b) Mr. Friedlander.
(c) Mr. Rashid.
14. Who approaches and offers to help get a fake green card for Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
15. What nation divided Bengal in half in an act called Partition?
(b) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nadira and Aisha learn that Abba saved how much money for their college tuition secretly in Section 7: Chapter 9?
2. Nadira and Aisha discover from their mother that they kept their savings with whom in Section 7: Chapter 9?
3. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
4. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
5. What does INS stand for?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)