|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) They are happy to take in the family.
(b) They are no longer offering asylum.
(c) They are not accepting Muslim immigrants.
(d) They are overwhelmed with immigrants.
2. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
3. On what day do Aisha and Nadira return to school in Section 4: Chapter 5?
4. Where is Abba incarcerated when he is detained for having an expired visa?
(c) New Paltz.
5. Nadira's family is driving where to seek asylum in the beginning of the book?
(d) The United States.
6. What refers to a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the U.S., reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) Homeland Security.
(d) The Patriot Act.
7. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat like one that who wore in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Joan Crawford.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Betty Davis.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
8. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
9. After Tim explains the Special Registration law, Abba wants to register, but who insists it is better to wait or return to Bangladesh?
(a) Lily Yee.
10. The stated priorities of what organization are to promote national security, to eliminate immigration case backlogs, and to improve customer services?
(d) The USCIS.
11. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
12. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat that is what color in Section 2: Chapter 2?
13. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
14. Who is Nadira's geometry teacher in the book?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Chin.
(c) Mr. Friedlander.
(d) Mr. Jackson.
15. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Nadira and Aisha go after school to try calling the INS in Section 7: Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of Nadira and Aisha's older cousin?
3. In what grade was Aisha when she decided which clique of girls she wanted to befriend and begged Ma to buy her the same clothes, according to the narrator?
4. How old is Nadira in the beginning of the novel?
5. What is a person, team, company, or other organization competing against another person or team, etc.?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)