|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abba is detained for having an expired visa, he is told that what proceedings would likely begin in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Fraud proceedings.
(b) Importation proceedings.
(c) Capital punishment proceedings.
(d) Deportation proceedings.
2. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
3. Once, Nadira came home to find what burning in a pan, and she ran outside to find Ma crying on a park bench?
4. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
5. What is the name of Nadira's best friend in the novel?
(b) Lily Yee.
6. When was the U.S.A. Patriot Act signed into law?
(a) October 11, 2002.
(b) October 26, 2001.
(c) September 12, 2001.
(d) November 20, 2001.
7. What does INS stand for?
(a) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(b) Immigration and Nurturing Service.
(c) Immigration and Neutralization Service.
(d) Immigration and Nationalization Service.
8. Taslima met Tim while working at what?
(a) A human rights organization.
(b) A catering event.
(c) A Broadway musical.
(d) A political campaign.
9. Taslima claims that "the only way to fight a political situation is to" what, in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) "Fight fair."
(b) "Be political."
(c) "Run away."
(d) "Fight crooked."
10. Nadira often helps who in his newspaper store after school?
(a) Mr. Rashid.
(c) Mr. Friedlander.
11. What is the name of Nadira and Aisha's older cousin?
(b) Lily Yee.
12. Aisha and Nadira stop at an all-you-can-eat buffet outside what city in Section 3: Chapter 4?
(b) New Paltz.
13. What sign does Nadira's family pass in Section 2: Chapter 2 that causes Abba to rub his chest?
(a) "Now Entering the Republic of Canada."
(b) "Passports Only Lane."
(c) "Please Present Valid Documentation."
(d) "Leaving the United States of America."
14. What nation divided Bengal in half in an act called Partition?
(a) Great Britain.
15. Bangladesh is bordered by India on all sides except for a small border with what country to the far southeast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
2. Where do Aisha and Nadira attend school in the novel?
3. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
4. What college has Aisha applied to in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
5. What is Nadira's last name in the novel?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)