|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a person, team, company, or other organization competing against another person or team, etc.?
2. After Tim explains the Special Registration law, Abba wants to register, but who insists it is better to wait or return to Bangladesh?
(a) Lily Yee.
3. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
4. Who approaches and offers to help get a fake green card for Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(c) Mr. Rashid.
5. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
6. What sign does Nadira's family pass in Section 2: Chapter 2 that causes Abba to rub his chest?
(a) "Passports Only Lane."
(b) "Now Entering the Republic of Canada."
(c) "Leaving the United States of America."
(d) "Please Present Valid Documentation."
7. When Abba is detained for having an expired visa, he is told that what proceedings would likely begin in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Fraud proceedings.
(b) Capital punishment proceedings.
(c) Deportation proceedings.
(d) Importation proceedings.
8. On what day do Aisha and Nadira return to school in Section 4: Chapter 5?
9. Along what border does Nadira's hope to stop and apply for asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) New York/Canada.
(d) North Dakota/Canada.
10. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
(b) The USCIS.
11. Who mocks Aisha and Nadira for thinking they can make a difference in Section 7: Chapter 9?
12. When Abba saw Ma at a Bengali New Year fair, he refused to do what until his father arranged their marriage?
13. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
14. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
15. In what grade was Aisha when she decided which clique of girls she wanted to befriend and begged Ma to buy her the same clothes, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Abba incarcerated when he is detained for having an expired visa?
2. What is the name of Nadira's best friend in the novel?
3. Who agrees to write a letter, explaining why Abba gave money to the mosque in Section 7: Chapter 9?
4. Nadira's family is driving where to seek asylum in the beginning of the book?
5. Bangladesh is bordered by India on all sides except for a small border with what country to the far southeast?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)