Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along what border does Nadira's hope to stop and apply for asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(b) North Dakota/Canada.
(d) New York/Canada.
2. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
3. What location in New York Harbor was the gateway for millions of immigrants to the United States?
(a) Hamilton Island.
(b) Alexander Island.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) Golden Gate Bay.
4. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
5. Who mocks Aisha and Nadira for thinking they can make a difference in Section 7: Chapter 9?
6. According to the narrator, Ma's spirits lifted after Abba got cable because she loves watching what?
(a) Soap operas.
(b) Cooking shows.
(c) Singing shows.
7. Aisha and Nadira stop at an all-you-can-eat buffet outside what city in Section 3: Chapter 4?
(b) New Paltz.
8. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) That they are being deported.
(c) That he is sick.
(d) That he is detained.
9. On what day do Aisha and Nadira return to school in Section 4: Chapter 5?
10. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
11. Nadira and Aisha learn that Abba saved how much money for their college tuition secretly in Section 7: Chapter 9?
12. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) They are overwhelmed with immigrants.
(b) They are not accepting Muslim immigrants.
(c) They are happy to take in the family.
(d) They are no longer offering asylum.
13. Who do Nadira and Aisha get to write a letter about Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) A police officer.
(b) His boss.
(c) His case worker.
(d) His father.
14. What school counselor informs Aisha that he has arranged a college interview for her in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Friedlander.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Chen.
15. Taslima met Tim while working at what?
(a) A human rights organization.
(b) A catering event.
(c) A political campaign.
(d) A Broadway musical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does INS stand for?
2. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
3. From what country did Nadira's family emigrate to the United States?
4. What is the name of Nadira's older sister?
5. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)