|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a person, team, company, or other organization competing against another person or team, etc.?
2. What is Nadira's last name in the novel?
3. What refers to a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the U.S., reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur?
(a) The CIA.
(b) Homeland Security.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Patriot Act.
4. Who invites Nadira to sit with her friends at lunch in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(a) Lily Yee.
5. What school counselor informs Aisha that he has arranged a college interview for her in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Friedlander.
(c) Mr. Chen.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
6. Aisha tells Nadira she has been nominated for what in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(a) Class President.
(b) Class Secretary.
(c) Prom Queen.
7. In what grade was Aisha when she decided which clique of girls she wanted to befriend and begged Ma to buy her the same clothes, according to the narrator?
8. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) That he is detained.
(c) That they are being deported.
(d) That he is sick.
9. On what day do Aisha and Nadira return to school in Section 4: Chapter 5?
10. What is the name of Nadira's best friend in the novel?
(b) Lily Yee.
11. How much money does the officer tell Abba he must put together for a bond to apply for asylum in Canada again in Section 2: Chapter 2?
12. Nadira and Aisha discover from their mother that they kept their savings with whom in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
13. After what year did the Federal government, rather than the individual states, begin regulating immigration into the United States?
14. Where do Aisha and Nadira attend school in the novel?
(a) Brooklyn Heights High.
(b) Meadowlark High.
(c) New York High.
(d) Flushing High.
15. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nadira's older sister?
2. Aisha tells Nadira that she needs to do what, now that she is in charge in Section 3: Chapter 4?
3. Nadira's older sister cries as the family passes through Boston because she has always wanted to do what?
4. Nadira's family hired their second immigration lawyer after who saw him on television and convinced him to take their case?
5. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)