|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
2. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) They are happy to take in the family.
(b) They are not accepting Muslim immigrants.
(c) They are overwhelmed with immigrants.
(d) They are no longer offering asylum.
3. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
4. Along what border does Nadira's hope to stop and apply for asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(b) North Dakota/Canada.
(d) New York/Canada.
5. Where do Nadira and Aisha go after school to try calling the INS in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Uncle's office.
(b) Dunkin' Donuts.
(c) Ali-uncle's shop.
6. Aisha and Nadira map out their argument for writing the new director of immigration and who, pleading for special circumstances in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Their lawyer.
(b) Their congressman.
(c) The President.
(d) The Bengali Ambassador.
7. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
8. What job did Nadira's father take upon arriving in the United States?
9. Where do Nadira and Aisha go to help Ma buy a coat in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(b) Burlington Coat Factory.
(c) The Salvation Army.
10. On what day do Aisha and Nadira return to school in Section 4: Chapter 5?
11. Nadira's family hired their second immigration lawyer after who saw him on television and convinced him to take their case?
12. Taslima met Tim while working at what?
(a) A Broadway musical.
(b) A political campaign.
(c) A catering event.
(d) A human rights organization.
13. What location in New York Harbor was the gateway for millions of immigrants to the United States?
(a) Golden Gate Bay.
(b) Ellis Island.
(c) Alexander Island.
(d) Hamilton Island.
14. In what grade was Aisha when she decided which clique of girls she wanted to befriend and begged Ma to buy her the same clothes, according to the narrator?
15. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(b) Mr. Rashid.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tim explains the Special Registration law, Abba wants to register, but who insists it is better to wait or return to Bangladesh?
2. Nadira and Aisha learn that Abba saved how much money for their college tuition secretly in Section 7: Chapter 9?
3. When Nadira's great-grandparents settled in a village due to famine, they found work where?
4. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
5. What college has Aisha applied to in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)