|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
2. Where has the school counselor arranged for a college interview for Aisha in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Barnard College.
(b) Boston University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Princeton University.
3. Where do Nadira and Aisha go after school to try calling the INS in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Dunkin' Donuts.
(c) Uncle's office.
(d) Ali-uncle's shop.
4. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(b) Mr. Rashid.
5. How old is Nadira in the beginning of the novel?
6. What is the name of Nadira's older sister?
(d) Lily Yee.
7. According to the narrator, Ma's spirits lifted after Abba got cable because she loves watching what?
(a) Cooking shows.
(c) Singing shows.
(d) Soap operas.
8. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
9. Where do Aisha and Nadira attend school in the novel?
(a) New York High.
(b) Brooklyn Heights High.
(c) Flushing High.
(d) Meadowlark High.
10. When Abba saw Ma at a Bengali New Year fair, he refused to do what until his father arranged their marriage?
11. After what year did the Federal government, rather than the individual states, begin regulating immigration into the United States?
12. Where does the second lawyer hired by the Hossains say it had been a mistake for them to go?
13. What job did Nadira's father take upon arriving in the United States?
14. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat that is what color in Section 2: Chapter 2?
15. Who approaches and offers to help get a fake green card for Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(d) Mr. Rashid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once, Nadira came home to find what burning in a pan, and she ran outside to find Ma crying on a park bench?
2. Nadira and Aisha discover from their mother that they kept their savings with whom in Section 7: Chapter 9?
3. The stated priorities of what organization are to promote national security, to eliminate immigration case backlogs, and to improve customer services?
4. What is the name of the second lawyer that the Hossains hire to make them legal?
5. Along what border does Nadira's hope to stop and apply for asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)