|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of Nadira and Aisha's older cousin?
(b) Lily Yee.
3. How many of the twenty questions on Nadira's geometry quiz does she complete in Section 5: Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of the second lawyer that the Hossains hire to make them legal?
(a) Mr. Tareq.
(b) Mr. Jackson.
(c) Mr. Friedlander.
(d) Mr. Rashid.
5. Ma tells Nadira they finally have enough for Abba's bond and he will be released when in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) In two weeks.
(c) Next month.
(d) Next week.
6. Nadira recounts how the first lawyer they hired to make them legal was investigated for what?
(d) Bank robbery.
7. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
8. Who mocks Aisha and Nadira for thinking they can make a difference in Section 7: Chapter 9?
9. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
10. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat like one that who wore in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Jackie Kennedy.
(b) Betty Davis.
(c) Joan Crawford.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
11. Taslima claims that "the only way to fight a political situation is to" what, in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) "Fight fair."
(b) "Be political."
(c) "Fight crooked."
(d) "Run away."
12. Nadira's older sister cries as the family passes through Boston because she has always wanted to do what?
(a) Attend Princeton.
(b) Attend Columbia.
(c) Attend Yale.
(d) Attend Harvard.
13. Nadira and Aisha learn that Abba saved how much money for their college tuition secretly in Section 7: Chapter 9?
14. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
15. Where do Nadira and Aisha go to help Ma buy a coat in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(c) Burlington Coat Factory.
(d) The Salvation Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
2. What is a person, team, company, or other organization competing against another person or team, etc.?
3. Who approaches and offers to help get a fake green card for Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
4. What village in Bangladesh did Nadira's great-grandparents eventually settle in?
5. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)