|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ma tells Nadira they finally have enough for Abba's bond and he will be released when in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) Next month.
(c) Next week.
2. What is the name of Nadira's older sister?
(c) Lily Yee.
3. What does INS stand for?
(a) Immigration and Nurturing Service.
(b) Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(c) Immigration and Nationalization Service.
(d) Immigration and Neutralization Service.
4. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
5. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
6. Who does Nadira attempt to cheat off of in her geometry quiz in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(c) Cassie David.
(d) Lily Yee.
7. In Section 5: Chapter 6, Nadira and Aisha learn Abba's bond has been denied and he is being held for questioning regarding giving money to what institution, which is suspected of being involved with an illegal political affiliation?
(a) An international bank.
(b) A mosque.
(c) A dry-cleaners.
(d) A synagogue.
8. Who agrees to write a letter, explaining why Abba gave money to the mosque in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(b) Mr. Rashid.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
9. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) That he is sick.
(b) That he is detained.
(c) That they are being deported.
10. Nadira's family is driving where to seek asylum in the beginning of the book?
(d) The United States.
11. What is a person, team, company, or other organization competing against another person or team, etc.?
12. Nadira's older sister cries as the family passes through Boston because she has always wanted to do what?
(a) Attend Columbia.
(b) Attend Princeton.
(c) Attend Harvard.
(d) Attend Yale.
13. Where do Nadira and Aisha go after school to try calling the INS in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(b) Dunkin' Donuts.
(c) Uncle's office.
(d) Ali-uncle's shop.
14. Nadira recounts how the first lawyer they hired to make them legal was investigated for what?
(d) Bank robbery.
15. Who approaches and offers to help get a fake green card for Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Rashid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aisha say about her phone to the school counselor in Section 4: Chapter 5?
2. What job did Nadira's father take upon arriving in the United States?
3. Taslima claims that "the only way to fight a political situation is to" what, in Section 7: Chapter 9?
4. When Abba is detained for having an expired visa, he is told that what proceedings would likely begin in Section 2: Chapter 2?
5. In what year did a drought cause Nadira's great-grandparents to move to a small village in Bangladesh?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)