|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school counselor informs Aisha that he has arranged a college interview for her in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Friedlander.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Chen.
2. Who mocks Aisha and Nadira for thinking they can make a difference in Section 7: Chapter 9?
3. From what country did Nadira's family emigrate to the United States?
4. Nadira and Aisha learn that Abba saved how much money for their college tuition secretly in Section 7: Chapter 9?
5. Who does Nadira attempt to cheat off of in her geometry quiz in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(b) Lily Yee.
(c) Cassie David.
6. What is a federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security charged with regulating and facilitating international trade, collecting import duties, and enforcing U.S. regulations, including trade, customs and immigration?
(d) The USCIS.
7. Where do Nadira and Aisha go after school to try calling the INS in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Dunkin' Donuts.
(b) Uncle's office.
(d) Ali-uncle's shop.
8. Nadira's family hired their second immigration lawyer after who saw him on television and convinced him to take their case?
9. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
(c) The USCIS.
10. What is the name of Nadira's father in the novel?
11. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
12. How old is Aisha in the beginning of "Ask Me No Questions"?
13. Nadira's older sister cries as the family passes through Boston because she has always wanted to do what?
(a) Attend Columbia.
(b) Attend Princeton.
(c) Attend Yale.
(d) Attend Harvard.
14. Along what border does Nadira's hope to stop and apply for asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) North Dakota/Canada.
(d) New York/Canada.
15. What is a person, team, company, or other organization competing against another person or team, etc.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the U.S., reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur?
2. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
3. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
4. Who questions why Aisha applied to a college in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
5. Nadira and Aisha discover from their mother that they kept their savings with whom in Section 7: Chapter 9?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)