|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tareq shows Nadira what when she gets into his car in Section 11: Chapter 14?
(b) A letter.
(c) A gun.
(d) A green card.
2. Who agrees to write a letter, explaining why Abba gave money to the mosque in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Rashid.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
3. Mr. Rashid explains that Uncle will be released but will have only how long to resolve his immigration status or deportation proceedings will begin in Section 9: Chapter 11?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 2 months.
4. In the court, Nadira shows the court that Abba's identity has been mistaken, and she produces the $3,000 as proof that it was savings, not what?
(a) Overseas investments.
(b) Extortion money.
(c) A contribution.
(d) Blood money.
5. Who confides that her mom is threatening to throw her dad out in Section 9: Chapter 11?
(a) Lily Yee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What village in Bangladesh did Nadira's great-grandparents eventually settle in?
2. Ma tells Nadira they finally have enough for Abba's bond and he will be released when in Section 4: Chapter 5?
3. Nadira and Aisha learn that Abba saved how much money for their college tuition secretly in Section 7: Chapter 9?
4. According to the narrator, Ma's spirits lifted after Abba got cable because she loves watching what?
5. Aisha and Nadira map out their argument for writing the new director of immigration and who, pleading for special circumstances in Section 7: Chapter 9?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)