|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abba tell his daughters to say at school after he is detained in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) That they are being deported.
(b) That he is detained.
(d) That he is sick.
2. What location in New York Harbor was the gateway for millions of immigrants to the United States?
(a) Alexander Island.
(b) Golden Gate Bay.
(c) Hamilton Island.
(d) Ellis Island.
3. What forms did Aisha apparently not fill out, according to the school counselors in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Financial aid forms.
(b) College entrance forms.
(c) Her marriage certificate.
(d) Graduation forms.
4. Barnard College is located in what neighborhood of Manhattan?
(a) Morningside Heights.
(c) Greenwich Village.
5. Who invites Nadira to sit with her friends at lunch in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(b) Lily Yee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nadira often helps who in his newspaper store after school?
2. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
3. Nadira meets an Asian girl who is studying to become what while visiting Barnard College in Section 10: Chapter 12?
4. What is the name of Nadira's older sister?
5. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)