|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nadira's great-grandparents settled in a village due to famine, they found work where?
(a) A fishing pier.
(b) A cotton farm.
(c) A jute farm.
(d) A canning factory.
2. Where do Nadira and Aisha go after school to try calling the INS in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Dunkin' Donuts.
(b) Uncle's office.
(c) Ali-uncle's shop.
3. Nadira meets an Asian girl who is studying to become what while visiting Barnard College in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) A geologist.
(b) A veterenarian.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A biologist.
4. Who is the college counselor who meets with Nadira as well as her high school counselor in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Roble.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Anderson.
(d) Mrs. Willshire.
5. Aisha and Nadira map out their argument for writing the new director of immigration and who, pleading for special circumstances in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) Their congressman.
(b) The Bengali Ambassador.
(c) The President.
(d) Their lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security?
2. Who refuses to hand anything over without a lawyer present when Immigration arrives in Section 8: Chapter 10?
3. Aisha tells Nadira she has been nominated for what in Section 5: Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of Abba's older brother which Nadira describes in Section 6: Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)