|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the second lawyer that the Hossains hire to make them legal?
(a) Mr. Jackson.
(b) Mr. Rashid.
(c) Mr. Tareq.
(d) Mr. Friedlander.
2. In what year did a drought cause Nadira's great-grandparents to move to a small village in Bangladesh?
3. What is the name of Nadira's best friend in the novel?
(a) Lily Yee.
4. Nadira's family is driving where to seek asylum in the beginning of the book?
(c) The United States.
5. Where is Abba incarcerated when he is detained for having an expired visa?
(a) New Paltz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the U.S., reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur?
2. Who does Nadira attempt to cheat off of in her geometry quiz in Section 5: Chapter 6?
3. What does INS stand for?
4. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
5. Uncle works in what profession in the novel?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)