|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abba send his daughters when he is detained for having an expired visa in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Back to Minnesota.
(b) Uncle and Auntie's apartment.
(c) Back to Bangladesh.
(d) Into Montreal.
2. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat like one that who wore in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Betty Davis.
(b) Joan Crawford.
(c) Jackie Kennedy.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
3. Along what border does Nadira's hope to stop and apply for asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) New York/Canada.
(d) North Dakota/Canada.
4. What nation divided Bengal in half in an act called Partition?
(c) Great Britain.
5. What college has Aisha applied to in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) McGill University.
(c) Vancouver University.
(d) Montreal University.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
2. Aisha and Nadira stop at an all-you-can-eat buffet outside what city in Section 3: Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the second lawyer that the Hossains hire to make them legal?
4. In what year did the September 11 attacks take place on the World Trade Center?
5. How much money does the officer tell Abba he must put together for a bond to apply for asylum in Canada again in Section 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)