|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the school counselor arranged for a college interview for Aisha in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Barnard College.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Boston University.
2. When Nadira's great-grandparents settled in a village due to famine, they found work where?
(a) A canning factory.
(b) A fishing pier.
(c) A cotton farm.
(d) A jute farm.
3. Aisha tells Nadira that she needs to do what, now that she is in charge in Section 3: Chapter 4?
(a) Go on a diet.
(b) Cut her hair.
(c) Study more at school.
(d) Go on a date.
4. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
5. What is the name of Nadira's father in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country did Nadira's family emigrate to the United States?
2. Where does Abba send his daughters when he is detained for having an expired visa in Section 2: Chapter 2?
3. How old is Nadira in the beginning of the novel?
4. What village in Bangladesh did Nadira's great-grandparents eventually settle in?
5. What is Nadira's last name in the novel?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)