|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
2. Where has the school counselor arranged for a college interview for Aisha in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Barnard College.
(d) Boston University.
3. What does Aisha say about her phone to the school counselor in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) The number changed.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is working.
(d) It is cut off.
4. Aisha and Nadira stop at an all-you-can-eat buffet outside what city in Section 3: Chapter 4?
(b) New Paltz.
5. What village in Bangladesh did Nadira's great-grandparents eventually settle in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Abba incarcerated when he is detained for having an expired visa?
2. What is the name of Nadira's father in the novel?
3. Taslima met Tim while working at what?
4. What refers to a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the U.S., reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur?
5. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)