|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. Nadira often helps who in his newspaper store after school?
(a) Mr. Rashid.
(b) Mr. Friedlander.
3. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat like one that who wore in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Betty Davis.
(b) Jackie Kennedy.
(c) Joan Crawford.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
4. What job did Nadira's father take upon arriving in the United States?
5. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nation divided Bengal in half in an act called Partition?
2. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
3. Where do Nadira and Aisha go to help Ma buy a coat in Section 2: Chapter 2?
4. Nadira's family is driving where to seek asylum in the beginning of the book?
5. According to the narrator, Ma's spirits lifted after Abba got cable because she loves watching what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)