|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 5: Chapter 6, Nadira and Aisha learn Abba's bond has been denied and he is being held for questioning regarding giving money to what institution, which is suspected of being involved with an illegal political affiliation?
(a) A synagogue.
(b) A mosque.
(c) A dry-cleaners.
(d) An international bank.
2. When Abba is detained for having an expired visa, he is told that what proceedings would likely begin in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Deportation proceedings.
(b) Capital punishment proceedings.
(c) Importation proceedings.
(d) Fraud proceedings.
3. Where does Auntie work every morning in Section 9: Chapter 11?
(b) A corner bodega.
(c) The 99 cent store.
(d) Dunkin' Donuts.
4. When was the U.S.A. Patriot Act signed into law?
(a) October 26, 2001.
(b) November 20, 2001.
(c) September 12, 2001.
(d) October 11, 2002.
5. When Nadira asks Aisha why she skipped her interview, Aisha confesses she was what, in Section 10: Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle works in what profession in the novel?
2. Who mocks Aisha and Nadira for thinking they can make a difference in Section 7: Chapter 9?
3. When Abba saw Ma at a Bengali New Year fair, he refused to do what until his father arranged their marriage?
4. What is an academic title conferred upon the student who delivers the closing or farewell statement at a graduation ceremony?
5. Who blames herself for being unable to convince the immigration officials to let Uncle out in Section 8: Chapter 10?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)