|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stated priorities of what organization are to promote national security, to eliminate immigration case backlogs, and to improve customer services?
(a) The USCIS.
2. When Bengal was divided in the Partition, the side which belonged to India held mostly what?
3. What college has Aisha applied to in Canada in Section 5: Chapter 6?
(a) McGill University.
(b) Montreal University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Vancouver University.
4. Uncle works in what profession in the novel?
5. What forms did Aisha apparently not fill out, according to the school counselors in Section 10: Chapter 12?
(a) Financial aid forms.
(b) College entrance forms.
(c) Her marriage certificate.
(d) Graduation forms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Nadira in the beginning of the novel?
2. Who do Taslima, Nadira and Aisha gossip about in Section 7: Chapter 9?
3. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
4. What does INS stand for?
5. When Abba saw Ma at a Bengali New Year fair, he refused to do what until his father arranged their marriage?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)