|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along what border does Nadira's hope to stop and apply for asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(b) New York/Canada.
(c) North Dakota/Canada.
2. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. Where do Aisha and Nadira attend school in the novel?
(a) New York High.
(b) Meadowlark High.
(c) Brooklyn Heights High.
(d) Flushing High.
4. After Abba is taken away, Nadira and Aisha help Ma buy a coat like one that who wore in Section 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Betty Davis.
(b) Joan Crawford.
(c) Jackie Kennedy.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
5. Where do Auntie and Nadira take a cab to get Uncle in Section 9: Chapter 11?
(b) Rhode Island.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle works in what profession in the novel?
2. What is a word for God used in the context of Islam?
3. Who invites Nadira to sit with her friends at lunch in Section 5: Chapter 6?
4. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
5. What does INS stand for?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)