|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Nadira and Aisha organize their letters and send them they celebrate with what in Section 9: Chapter 11?
2. On what day do Aisha and Nadira return to school in Section 4: Chapter 5?
3. Where do Aisha and Nadira attend school in the novel?
(a) New York High.
(b) Flushing High.
(c) Meadowlark High.
(d) Brooklyn Heights High.
4. Who do Nadira and Aisha get to write a letter about Abba in Section 7: Chapter 9?
(a) His boss.
(b) A police officer.
(c) His father.
(d) His case worker.
5. Nadira often helps who in his newspaper store after school?
(a) Mr. Friedlander.
(d) Mr. Rashid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Rashid explains that Uncle will be released but will have only how long to resolve his immigration status or deportation proceedings will begin in Section 9: Chapter 11?
2. Where does Ma stay when Abba is detained in order to wait for his release in Section 2: Chapter 2?
3. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
4. Aisha and Nadira map out their argument for writing the new director of immigration and who, pleading for special circumstances in Section 7: Chapter 9?
5. What does the border officer tell Abba when he explains his family is seeking asylum in Section 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)