|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to hand anything over without a lawyer present when Immigration arrives in Section 8: Chapter 10?
2. Uncle and Auntie had called Ma to tell her that Nadira had what, in the beginning of Section 12: Chapter 15?
(a) Been suspended.
(b) Been arrested.
(c) Been deported.
(d) Run away.
3. A police officer finally tells Nadira's family that Uncle is being detained and moved to a facility where in Section 8: Chapter 10?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) New Jersey.
4. Where is Abba incarcerated when he is detained for having an expired visa?
(d) New Paltz.
5. What grade is Nadira in at school in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nadira is shocked that Ma has made friends and no longer needs help taking a bus or what, in Section 12: Chapter 15?
2. What does Auntie do until Taslima leads her to a corner diner where they eat breakfast after Uncle is detained in Section 8: Chapter 10?
3. Who is the young Bangladeshi man who tries to sell Nadira a fake ID for Abba in Section 4: Chapter 5?
4. What school counselor informs Aisha that he has arranged a college interview for her in Section 4: Chapter 5?
5. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)