|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A police officer finally tells Nadira's family that Uncle is being detained and moved to a facility where in Section 8: Chapter 10?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) The Bronx.
2. As the hearing begins in Section 12: Chapter 15, the judge says they have grounds for deportation since Abba changed residences how many times without informing the INS?
3. While riding the bus in Section 12: Chapter 15, an American guy starts talking to Nadira about visiting his sick mother who he has not seen in how long?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
4. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. What does Auntie do until Taslima leads her to a corner diner where they eat breakfast after Uncle is detained in Section 8: Chapter 10?
(a) Calls her mother.
(b) Turns in circles.
(c) Screams at the police.
(d) Does cartwheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 8: Chapter 10, Nadira wakes as Immigration arrives to demand documentation from whom?
2. Who argues with a female officer about using her cell phone in Section 8: Chapter 10?
3. What is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry?
4. What does Aisha say about her phone to the school counselor in Section 4: Chapter 5?
5. Ma tells Nadira they finally have enough for Abba's bond and he will be released when in Section 4: Chapter 5?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)