|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Nadira in at school in the novel?
2. Clarifying the man they want is _____, not Hossain, the judge accuses the agents of making a simple mistake in Section 12: Chapter 15.
3. While riding the bus in Section 12: Chapter 15, an American guy starts talking to Nadira about visiting his sick mother who he has not seen in how long?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
4. Taslima met Tim while working at what?
(a) A Broadway musical.
(b) A human rights organization.
(c) A political campaign.
(d) A catering event.
5. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Abba incarcerated when he is detained for having an expired visa?
2. As the hearing begins in Section 12: Chapter 15, the judge says they have grounds for deportation since Abba changed residences how many times without informing the INS?
3. What is the name of the white law student whom Taslima dates in "Ask Me No Questions"?
4. What refers to a radical authoritarian nationalist political ideology?
5. In literature, what is the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)