|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A police officer finally tells Nadira's family that Uncle is being detained and moved to a facility where in Section 8: Chapter 10?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) New Jersey.
2. Where does Nadira take a bus in the beginning of Section 12: Chapter 15?
(b) New Paltz.
3. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. Ma tells Nadira they finally have enough for Abba's bond and he will be released when in Section 4: Chapter 5?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) Next month.
(d) Next week.
5. Where does Ma stay while in Burlington when Abba is detained?
(a) A Salvation Army shelter.
(b) An adjoining prison.
(c) A Super 8 motel.
(d) A Hilton hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Abba incarcerated when he is detained for having an expired visa?
2. Who blames herself for being unable to convince the immigration officials to let Uncle out in Section 8: Chapter 10?
3. What is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency?
4. What is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry?
5. What is an ancient juridical notion, under which a person persecuted for political opinions or religious beliefs in his or her own country may be protected by another sovereign authority?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)