|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, where did Isabel think her sister Ruth was?
(a) In Charleston.
(b) In Yorktown.
(c) In Riverbend.
(d) In Rhode Island.
2. Which of the following describes Ruth's reaction to Isabel's arrival at Riverbend?
(a) Ruth remembered Isabel and wanted her to leave.
(b) Ruth did not remember Isabel at all.
(c) Ruth remembered Isabel and wanted her to stay at Riverbend.
(d) Ruth remembered Isabel and wanted to go to Rhode Island with her.
3. What did Curzon and Isabel do when the other soldiers encouraged them to kiss?
(a) Pretended to kiss behind Isabel's shawl.
(b) Ignored them.
(d) Held hands.
4. In Chapter I, why did Isabel want to move closer to the milestone?
(a) To attack the soldiers.
(b) To find a safe place to rest.
(c) To get information to find her sister.
(d) To steal the soldiers' food.
5. How did Aberdeen feel about Ruth?
(a) He was jealous that she had a family.
(b) He loved her.
(c) He thought she was foolish.
(d) He was angry at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Isabel tell Ruth that she had ruined everything?
2. What did Isabel do to help Ruth recover from her fever?
3. At Riverbend, why did Isabel climb out of the tree in a rush?
4. Where were Kate and Elspeth from?
5. Why did Curzon support the Patriot cause?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)