|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mister Hallahan ask Isabel?
(a) What her sister's name was.
(b) If she liked working at the laundry.
(c) Where she was hired from.
(d) Where she learned to cook.
2. Which of the following describes Ruth's reaction to Isabel's arrival at Riverbend?
(a) Ruth remembered Isabel and wanted her to leave.
(b) Ruth remembered Isabel and wanted her to stay at Riverbend.
(c) Ruth did not remember Isabel at all.
(d) Ruth remembered Isabel and wanted to go to Rhode Island with her.
3. What made Isabel most nervous about working at the laundry?
(a) She thought Widow Hallahan would sell them back into slavery.
(b) She did not trust Ruth to deliver laundry by herself.
(c) She did not think she was capable of doing the work.
(d) She did not like being away from Curzon.
4. What chronic disease did Ruth have?
(a) A disease that made her see things that were not there.
(b) A disease that made it difficult for her to breathe.
(c) A disease that made her fall and have fits.
(d) A disease that made it difficult for her to walk.
5. Who were the characters referring to when they talked about "His Excellency" (124)?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) Ebeneezer Woodruff.
(c) King George.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Isabel see on the milestone?
2. What caused Ruth's fever?
3. Why did Isabel and Curzon decide to part ways in Williamburg?
4. What job did Ruth do much better at than Isabel thought she would when working for the army?
5. How did Isabel and Ruth bury the bodies they found in the woods?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)