|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first kind thing that Serafina and Walter did for Isabel and Curzon?
(a) Gave them a meal.
(b) Helped them hide.
(c) Gave them advice about Ruth.
(d) Gave them supplies.
2. Isabel, Curzon, Aberdeen and Ruth met some soldiers a few days after Ruth recovered from her illness. What did the soldiers want?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their cart and donkey.
(c) Their money.
(d) To capture them as slaves.
3. What advice did Isabel receive from the short serving woman she met on the main street of Williamsburg?
(a) Work for Widow Hallahan.
(b) Go to the hospital to find work.
(c) Follow the army to find work.
(d) Do not stay long in Williamsburg.
4. What was Ruth's main responsibility at the laundry?
(a) Deliver laundry with Thomas Boon.
(b) Mend clothes.
(c) Wash clothes.
(d) Chop firewood.
5. Why was Isabel suspicious of Aberdeen when she and Ruth spent their day off from the laundry with him?
(a) Because he was laughing nervously.
(b) Because he would not look her in the eyes.
(c) Because he had a lot of money.
(d) Because he kept wringing his hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Miss Marrow?
2. Whose muddy boot prints did Isabel find inside the laundry?
3. What did Walter and Serafina call Ruth?
4. What did Isabel find suspicious when they first arrived in Riverbend?
5. How were the soldiers by the milestone distracted from Isabel's movement in the woods?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)