|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Curzon support the Patriot cause?
(a) Because the Patriots did not believe in slavery.
(b) Because the Patriots had promised him his freedom.
(c) Because he did not want to pay British taxes.
(d) Because he believed the Patriots were fighting for freedom.
2. What did Mister Hallahan ask Isabel?
(a) Where she learned to cook.
(b) If she liked working at the laundry.
(c) What her sister's name was.
(d) Where she was hired from.
3. How did Isabel respond when Serafina asked her if she loved Curzon?
(a) She said no.
(b) She said she was not sure.
(c) She said yes.
(d) She did not answer the question, but said that they argue often.
4. Why was Isabel suspicious of Aberdeen when she and Ruth spent their day off from the laundry with him?
(a) Because he would not look her in the eyes.
(b) Because he was laughing nervously.
(c) Because he had a lot of money.
(d) Because he kept wringing his hands.
5. Why were Serafina and Walter not trying to escape?
(a) They were afraid of getting caught.
(b) They had lived at Riverbend their whole lives and did not want to leave it.
(c) They wanted to stay to help other slaves that were passing through.
(d) They were too old and weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. In WIlliamsburg, who was Ruth friendly with?
2. When General Washington arrived, how many soldiers were in Williamsburg?
3. How did Isabel feel when she realized that Walter and Serafina had become like family to Ruth?
4. How did Isabel convince Ruth to leave the laundry?
5. Why did Isabel call Widow Hallahan "snake-souled" (104) in Chapter XVIII?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)