|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Curzon overly afraid of?
(b) The dark.
2. Why did Ruth initially refuse to flee the laundry?
(a) She was mad at Isabel for yelling at her.
(b) She did not want to leave Aberdeen.
(c) She liked working at the laundry.
(d) She not want to leave Thomas Boon.
3. Why did Isabel think that Curzon should not leave their camp when Ruth was sick?
(a) Because she was afraid he would be captured.
(b) Because she thought he might not find them again.
(c) Because she did not want him to spend their money.
(d) Because she needed him there to help with Ruth.
4. When Ruth fell ill with a fever, who did Isabel blame?
5. Why did Widow Hallahan choose Isabel to work in the tavern?
(a) Because she knew Isabel was a good cook.
(b) Because she liked Isabel best.
(c) Because she knew Isabel was a hard worker.
(d) Because she knew she would not have to pay Isabel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Widow Hallahan offer food to Isabel and Ruth?
2. Why were Serafina and Walter not trying to escape?
3. Who were the characters referring to when they talked about "His Excellency" (124)?
4. Who did Ruth think they were looking for in the crowd of soldiers in Chapter XXVII?
5. How did Curzon disturb the rattlesnake?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)