|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the travelers eat on their journey from Riverbend?
2. What caused Ruth's fever?
(a) A snakebite.
(b) Eating rotten food.
(c) An infection in her foot.
(d) Cold weather.
3. Why did Walter speak loudly to the horses?
(a) Because he wanted to share information with the young runaways without Prentiss realizing.
(b) Because the horses were old and deaf.
(c) Because he loved animals.
(d) Because he wanted to scare Prentiss.
4. Why was Aberdeen still at Riverbend, while many other young slaves had escaped?
(a) He was waiting for the right time.
(b) He was waiting for Ruth.
(c) He had tried to escape, but he injured himself and was caught.
(d) He liked living at Riverbend.
5. What did Isabel find suspicious when they first arrived in Riverbend?
(a) The slaves there seemed unusually happy.
(b) There were no animals around.
(c) There were soldiers at the plantation.
(d) There were no people around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ruth take with her from Riverbend?
2. Why did Isabel think that Curzon should not leave their camp when Ruth was sick?
3. What advice did Isabel receive from the short serving woman she met on the main street of Williamsburg?
4. Why was Isabel nervous upon arriving at Willamsburg?
5. How had Isabel and Curzon been getting information to lead them towards Ruth?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)