|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Isabel made Widow Hallahan suspicious?
(a) The scar on her cheek.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her strong hands.
(d) Her free papers.
2. How long had Isabel and Curzon been traveling together as the book opens?
3. Why were Serafina and Walter not trying to escape?
(a) They wanted to stay to help other slaves that were passing through.
(b) They had lived at Riverbend their whole lives and did not want to leave it.
(c) They were too old and weak.
(d) They were afraid of getting caught.
4. Who were Kate and Elspeth?
(a) Women who worked at the hospital.
(b) The white girls who worked at the laundry.
(c) Elderly women who Widow Hallahan liked to gossip with.
(d) Other black girls who worked at the laundry.
5. How was Williamsburg different from cities like Philadelphia and New York?
(a) It was bigger.
(b) It had more farms.
(c) It was smaller.
(d) It was cleaner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter I, why did Isabel want to move closer to the milestone?
2. What did Aberdeen suggest that Isabel should do while Ruth was ill and sleeping?
3. How did Curzon disturb the rattlesnake?
4. What advice did Isabel receive from the short serving woman she met on the main street of Williamsburg?
5. What new information did Isabel learn about her former mistress, Madam Lockton?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)