|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Williamsburg different from cities like Philadelphia and New York?
(a) It was smaller.
(b) It had more farms.
(c) It was cleaner.
(d) It was bigger.
2. What did Aberdeen and Curzon argue about as they traveled?
(a) If Aberdeen should join them in Rhode Island.
(b) The war.
(c) What to eat.
(d) What they should spend their money on.
3. What did Isabel and Curzon do to ensure the area near the milestone was safe before coming out of the woods?
(a) Got their knives ready.
(b) Walked the perimeter of the area.
(c) Climbed a tree to survey the scene.
(d) Counted to 100.
4. Which of the following did the travelers eat on their journey from Riverbend?
5. Why did Isabel call Widow Hallahan "snake-souled" (104) in Chapter XVIII?
(a) Because she treated Isabel and Ruth worse than she treated her white workers.
(b) Because she lied to them about how much work they would have to do.
(c) Because she lied to them about how much food they would get.
(d) Because she cursed at them and called them names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Serafina have Ruth and Aberdeen hide in the hayloft with Isabel and Curzon?
2. What did Walter and Serafina call Ruth?
3. Why did Walter speak loudly to the horses?
4. Why did Curzon want to leave their camp when Ruth was sick?
5. How long had Isabel and Curzon been traveling together as the book opens?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)