|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the woman at the hospital think that Ruth and Isabel were?
(a) Workers there to pick up dirty laundry.
(b) Wives of soldiers.
(d) Runaway slaves.
2. What advice did Isabel receive from the short serving woman she met on the main street of Williamsburg?
(a) Follow the army to find work.
(b) Do not stay long in Williamsburg.
(c) Go to the hospital to find work.
(d) Work for Widow Hallahan.
3. Isabel, Curzon, Aberdeen and Ruth met some soldiers a few days after Ruth recovered from her illness. What did the soldiers want?
(a) Their food.
(b) To capture them as slaves.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their cart and donkey.
4. What was the first kind thing that Serafina and Walter did for Isabel and Curzon?
(a) Gave them advice about Ruth.
(b) Helped them hide.
(c) Gave them supplies.
(d) Gave them a meal.
5. In the beginning of the novel, where did Isabel think her sister Ruth was?
(a) In Charleston.
(b) In Rhode Island.
(c) In Riverbend.
(d) In Yorktown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Isabel see on the milestone?
2. What was Ruth's main responsibility at the laundry?
3. How was Ruth finally convinced to travel with Isabel and Curzon away from Riverbend?
4. Which of the following is Curzon overly afraid of?
5. How was Williamsburg different from cities like Philadelphia and New York?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)