|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Riverbend, why did Isabel climb out of the tree in a rush?
(a) Because she thought she saw her sister.
(b) Because she thought the slaves at Riverbend could tell her where her sister was.
(c) Because she thought she saw a snake.
(d) Because she thought she saw her mother.
2. What chronic disease did Ruth have?
(a) A disease that made her see things that were not there.
(b) A disease that made her fall and have fits.
(c) A disease that made it difficult for her to walk.
(d) A disease that made it difficult for her to breathe.
3. Why did Serafina not want Isabel chopping wood?
(a) She was afraid that Isabel would run away.
(b) She thought it was a man's job.
(c) She thought Isabel did not look strong enough.
(d) She saw that Isabel was having a hard time focusing.
4. What about Isabel made Widow Hallahan suspicious?
(a) Her free papers.
(b) Her strong hands.
(c) The scar on her cheek.
(d) Her accent.
5. How did Ruth react when Isabel tried to complement her strength in the beginning of their travels together?
(a) She smiled shyly.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She said, "Thank you."
(d) She put her hands over her ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Curzon want to leave their camp when Ruth was sick?
2. How had Isabel and Curzon been getting information to lead them towards Ruth?
3. How did Curzon suggest that Isabel improve her relationship with Ruth?
4. What did Isabel do to help Ruth recover from her fever?
5. Which of the following was NOT part of the group of people Isabel and Curzon spotted from the tree at Riverbend?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)