|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isabel, Curzon, Aberdeen and Ruth met some soldiers a few days after Ruth recovered from her illness. What did the soldiers want?
(a) Their food.
(b) To capture them as slaves.
(c) Their cart and donkey.
(d) Their money.
2. Where did Isabel and Curzon hide to survey Riverbend when they first arrived?
(a) In tall grasses.
(b) In a hayloft.
(c) Behind a log.
(d) In a tree.
3. How was Ruth finally convinced to travel with Isabel and Curzon away from Riverbend?
(a) She realized that she belonged with her sister.
(b) She realized that this was her chance to escape Prentiss.
(c) Walter agreed to go with them.
(d) Aberdeen agreed to go with them.
4. Why were Isabel and Ruth walking up and down the main street of Williamsburg?
(a) They were looking for food.
(b) They were looking for the laundry.
(c) They were looking for Curzon.
(d) They were looking for Aberdeen.
5. How did Ruth react when Isabel tried to complement her strength in the beginning of their travels together?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She put her hands over her ears.
(c) She smiled shyly.
(d) She said, "Thank you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Curzon overly afraid of?
2. How did Curzon suggest that Isabel improve her relationship with Ruth?
3. According to Aberdeen, who or what was the first friend that Ruth made at Riverbend?
4. Which of the following describes Ruth's reaction to Isabel's arrival at Riverbend?
5. What did Ruth take with her from Riverbend?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)