|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Isabel find suspicious when they first arrived in Riverbend?
(a) The slaves there seemed unusually happy.
(b) There were no animals around.
(c) There were no people around.
(d) There were soldiers at the plantation.
2. How did Isabel know that Ruth was afraid of Prentiss?
(a) Because Ruth began shaking when Prentiss entered the barn.
(b) Because Ruth whispered, "Please go away."
(c) Because Ruth began crying when Prentiss entered the barn.
(d) Because Ruth grabbed Aberdeen in fear.
3. When Ruth learned that Isabel and Curzon intended to take her to Rhode Island, why did she refuse to go?
(a) Because she hated Isabel.
(b) Because she loved Aberdeen.
(c) Because Rhode Island was too far away.
(d) Because she thought that Walter and Serafina need her.
4. According to Aberdeen, who or what was the first friend that Ruth made at Riverbend?
(a) A dog.
(b) A chicken.
5. What did Walter and Serafina call Ruth?
(a) Their pride and joy.
(b) Their sweet girl.
(c) Their sunshine.
(d) Their darling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Ruth finally convinced to travel with Isabel and Curzon away from Riverbend?
2. Why did Serafina tell Ruth ghost stories?
3. What new information did Isabel learn about her former mistress, Madam Lockton?
4. At Riverbend, why did Isabel climb out of the tree in a rush?
5. How did Isabel respond when Serafina asked her if she loved Curzon?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)