|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ruth take with her from Riverbend?
(a) A book.
(b) A toy.
(c) A map.
(d) A chicken.
2. How long had Isabel and Curzon been traveling together as the book opens?
3. How did Isabel respond when Serafina asked her if she loved Curzon?
(a) She said yes.
(b) She said no.
(c) She said she was not sure.
(d) She did not answer the question, but said that they argue often.
4. In what way was Ruth different from other children?
(a) She could not talk.
(b) She learned things more quickly.
(c) She did not like to play.
(d) She learned things more slowly.
5. Why did Serafina not want Isabel chopping wood?
(a) She thought it was a man's job.
(b) She saw that Isabel was having a hard time focusing.
(c) She thought Isabel did not look strong enough.
(d) She was afraid that Isabel would run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Walter and Serafina call Ruth?
2. What was the first kind thing that Serafina and Walter did for Isabel and Curzon?
3. Which of the following did the travelers eat on their journey from Riverbend?
4. What caused Ruth's fever?
5. How did Isabel know that Ruth was afraid of Prentiss?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)