|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Isabel feel when Curzon proposed that they split up in Williamsburg?
(a) Grateful and happy.
(b) Relieved and thankful.
(c) Upset and worried.
(d) Confused and suspicious.
2. How did Curzon suggest that Isabel improve her relationship with Ruth?
(a) By telling her stories about their past.
(b) By doing small favors for her.
(c) By being less forceful.
(d) By staying close to her all the time.
3. Who was Miss Marrow?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A spy.
(c) A cook.
(d) A laundry worker.
4. Why was Aberdeen still at Riverbend, while many other young slaves had escaped?
(a) He was waiting for the right time.
(b) He was waiting for Ruth.
(c) He liked living at Riverbend.
(d) He had tried to escape, but he injured himself and was caught.
5. In the beginning of the novel, where did Isabel think her sister Ruth was?
(a) In Riverbend.
(b) In Rhode Island.
(c) In Charleston.
(d) In Yorktown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aberdeen and Curzon argue about as they traveled?
2. What did Widow Hallahan offer Isabel in exchange for her work?
3. Why did Widow Hallahan offer food to Isabel and Ruth?
4. Which of the following did Isabel like about working in the tavern?
5. Whose muddy boot prints did Isabel find inside the laundry?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)