|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this way, how does the tobacco industry counter many grass roots efforts?
(a) From the middle.
(b) From below.
(c) From above.
(d) From the side.
2. When the bill passes, what is made public for the first time?
(a) Cigarettes are a health hazard.
(b) Cigarettes are dangerous for children.
(c) The tobacco industry is dangerous.
(d) Lists of cigarette additives.
3. On average, why do smokers weigh seven pounds less than non-smokers?
(a) Smokers would rather buy cigarettes than food.
(b) Smokers smoke at mealtime, rather than eat.
(c) Nicotine makes them nauseous.
(d) Nicotine's effect of raising metabolism.
4. A lawyer named ____________, who had expertise in asbestos litigation, saw an opportunity to go after the tobacco industry, given recent New Jersey strict liability litigation.
(a) Mark Eddington.
(b) Marc Edell.
(c) Matt Eckel.
(d) Mike Eden.
5. Philip Morris was making large inroads in Europe with new manufacturing centers in what countries?
(a) France and Spain.
(b) Sweden and Belgium.
(c) Romania and Hungary.
(d) Holland and Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxwell's tobacco control bill require?
2. The success of what 1973 horse race opens a new era for sponsoring spectator sporting events?
3. What states that all potentially dangerous products could be scrutinized by comparing risk to benefit?
4. After initial resistance, the animals showed what?
5. The FTC anti smoking campaign was severely curtailed under what new administration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the industry successful against grass roots efforts?
2. What does Edell do for his client?
3. What is the end result of the lawsuit regarding Rose Cipollone's death?
4. What does RJR's Tylee Wilson want to do to diversify RJR?
5. What happens under the new Reagan administration?
6. What happens when Cullman buys the Miller Brewing Company?
7. To what do many in the anti-smoking movement turn?
8. What does Hamish Maxwell do for Philip Morris?
9. Describe the beginning of the American Health Foundation.
10. What is examined for the first time since the Great Depression?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)