|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Of Dragonslayers and Pond Scum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the power of the tobacco industry peak?
(a) In the late 1980s.
(b) In the early 1980s.
(c) In the late 1970s.
(d) In the early 1970s.
2. Why does this take some time?
(a) Because they do not care about non-smokers.
(b) Because the tobacco industry does not like to work as one unit.
(c) Because of the many company's leaders.
(d) Because of the sheer logistics involved.
3. With the rise of the industrialists and the trusts that followed, what does the United States Congress start looking at limiting?
(a) Business power in the 1880s and 1890s.
(b) Business power in the 1980s and 1890s.
(c) The power of the federal government in the 1980 and 1890s.
(d) The power of the federal government in the 1880s and 1890s.
4. What does Steinfeld's 1972 report also speak of for the first time?
(a) Heart problems related to smoking.
(b) The effects of smoking on infants.
(c) The deception of the tobacco industry.
(d) Secondhand smoke.
5. By 1898, what does Duke control?
(a) One eighth of the plug and smoking tobacco market, as well as fifty percent of the cigarette market.
(b) One half of the plug and smoking tobacco market, as well as sixty-five percent of the cigar market.
(c) One third of the plug and smoking tobacco market, as well as fifteen percent of the cigarette market.
(d) One quarter of the plug and smoking tobacco market, as well as eighty-five percent of the cigarette market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxwell's tobacco control bill require?
2. The success of what 1973 horse race opens a new era for sponsoring spectator sporting events?
3. How is an article damning smoking as unhealthy quickly lost?
4. How does the TIRC respond?
5. What has the FTC ordered cigarette makers to do?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)