|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: Breeding a One-Fanged Rattler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who at American Tobacco Company encourages using radio and magazine ads instead of the 'older' means like billboards and newspapers?
(a) Sylvester Stallone.
(b) Svetlana Weaver.
(c) Sylvester (Pat) Weaver.
(d) Svetlana Stallone.
2. What does a 1953 study by Dr. Ernst Wydner show?
(a) The effects of tar on dogs.
(b) The effects of tar on mice.
(c) The effects of tar on healthy adults.
(d) The effects of tar on pregnant women.
3. What weighs over one ton and has the capacity to produce approximately 200 cigarettes per minute?
(a) The Bansai machine.
(b) The Bonsack machine.
(c) The Bullseye machine.
(d) The Bonham machine.
4. What is the thirty-cent, hand-packed premium cigarette brand being advertised in high-class magazines like THE NEW YORKER?
5. What is questioned in 1941?
(a) To whom the companies were trying to market the cigarettes.
(b) How many companies were making cigarettes.
(c) The cost of cigarettes.
(d) The various claims the companies advertised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Lucky Strikes supposedly change from the old red and green to the familiar red disk with the white background?
2. By 1898, what does Duke control?
3. How does R.J. Reynolds differentiate his product?
4. What do magazines describe?
5. What has a small tobacco manufacturing company in Durham after the Civil War thriving?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)