|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: Breeding a One-Fanged Rattler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the U.S. Surgeon General call smoking?
(a) "An insignificant factor" in lung cancer.
(b) "The only factor" in lung cancer.
(c) "Not a factor" in lung cancer.
(d) "Principal etiological factor" in lung cancer.
2. What is happening by 1901?
(a) Idaho, Kentucky, and New York made cigarettes illegal.
(b) Iowa, Tennesse, and North Dakota have made cigarettes illegal, and more states are looking at the option.
(c) Indiana, Florida, and North Carolina made cigarettes illegal.
(d) Illinois, Arizona, and New Hampshire made cigarettes illegal.
3. What is happening to cigarettes on the social front in 1898?
(a) They are taking some major hits.
(b) Sales are increasing slowly.
(c) They are too expensive to purchase.
(d) They are growing in popularity.
4. Besides citing and lending credence to the infamous dog study, Surgeon General Jesse Steinfeld noted new data showing smoking side effects such as what?
(a) High birth weight and late deliver y of babies born to women who smoked during pregnancy.
(b) Low birth weight and late delivery of babies born of women who smoked during pregnancy.
(c) High birth weight and premature delivery of babies born to women who smoked during pregnancy.
(d) Low birth weight and premature delivery of babies born to women who smoked during pregnancy.
5. Studies in the early 1970s showed that smokers could be broken into what?
(a) The men and women.
(b) The filter and non-filters.
(d) Those addicted and those not addicted.
Short Answer Questions
1. While health concerns _________, some smaller cigarette companies start devising ways to use the public apprehension to their advantage.
2. R.J. Reynolds starts what advertising campaign?
3. What does one salesman create that catches on so well with retailers it launches Camel back into first place in sales by 1950?
4. What are the filters?
5. American Tobacco Company keeps a tight leash on what?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)