|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Chow Lines.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After years of bickering and hesitation, what do the "big three" anti-cancer organizations (AHA, ALA, ACS) do?
(a) They run their own tests and studies without the aid of each other.
(b) They give up on the tobacco industry.
(c) They go their separate ways.
(d) They form a coalition to take on the entrenched tobacco interests in Washington.
2. A __________ study on the effects of smoke on rabbit lungs was abruptly shut down and the researchers' notebooks confiscated.
(a) Four year.
(b) Eight year.
(c) Ten year.
(d) Two year.
3. In what is American Tobacco Company mostly unsuccessful?
(b) Switching over to filtered brands.
(c) Keeping nonfiltered brands.
(d) Athlete endorsements.
4. What quickly became a prestigious health research institute?
(a) The American Health Foundation (AHF).
(b) The American Healthcare Organization (AHO).
(c) The United States Foundation for Health (USFH).
(d) The United States Healthy Families Guild (USHFG).
5. Why does this take some time?
(a) Because of the many company's leaders.
(b) Because of the sheer logistics involved.
(c) Because they do not care about non-smokers.
(d) Because the tobacco industry does not like to work as one unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thirty-cent, hand-packed premium cigarette brand being advertised in high-class magazines like THE NEW YORKER?
2. How are Pall Mall cigarettes reinvigorated?
3. What do magazines describe?
4. A Californian congressman named Henry Waxman began doing what?
5. What is Congress still unwilling to do?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)