|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17: Chow Lines.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Pall Mall cigarettes reinvigorated?
(a) By making them shorter and thicker.
(b) By making them longer and slimmer.
(c) By dropping the price.
(d) By using celebrity endorsements.
2. After years of bickering and hesitation, what do the "big three" anti-cancer organizations (AHA, ALA, ACS) do?
(a) They form a coalition to take on the entrenched tobacco interests in Washington.
(b) They go their separate ways.
(c) They give up on the tobacco industry.
(d) They run their own tests and studies without the aid of each other.
3. After initial resistance, the animals showed what?
(a) Some of the same habit forming traits as humans.
(b) More resistance towards the smoke.
(c) Some habit forming traits.
(d) None of the habits formed by humans.
4. Why do some people see less toxic cigarettes as a middle ground?
(a) To seriously assist with the public health, while not provoking the wrath of the powerful tobacco companies.
(b) Smokers stay addicted, but there are fewer cases of cancer.
(c) People can still smoke without getting cancer.
(d) Smokers reap weightloss benefits but do not get cancer.
5. Why do Marlboro Lights start off slowly?
(a) They have little flavor.
(b) Lack of recognition.
(c) The name makes it sound less appealing.
(d) Men do not trust them.
Short Answer Questions
1. R.J. Reynolds starts what advertising campaign?
2. In the late 1950s, what does the cigarette industry (through TIRC) begin?
3. How does American Tobacco Company's Pall Mall brand gain ground?
4. Why does the Army supply its World War I troops with cigarettes by the truckload?
5. Eventually, what are the tobacco companies successful in doing?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)