|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kaden tell Wyler that might know something true about Alexa?
2. Who does Wyler call from the pay phone outside the newsstand?
3. Who is planning on meeting Alexa instead of the violinist?
4. Where does Illya say someone in Alexa's life ran away to?
5. To what does Alexa compare herself in Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is also an underlying theme in the play. How is love portrayed in the play? What characters experience love? What characters lack love? How does love or the lack thereof influence the play's storyline? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes of the play is fantasy versus reality. How is this theme evident in the play? What characters have problems dealing with fantasy versus reality? What does this theme say about life both in the play and in general? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
The playwright uses several instances of foreshadowing throughout the play. Identify the uses of foreshadowing. How do these situations foreshadow later events in the play? Why are these events important? What does the audience/reader learn from these events that the characters in the play do not? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)