|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 6 take place?
2. What does Wyler say after he gets punched in Act 1, Scene 7?
3. How much is the outstanding bill Alexa leaves at the hotel?
4. According to Kaden, who are members of "a pretty elite club"?
5. What does Alexa use to "blind" people, according to Kaden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in the play are on a quest for fame and fortune. What characters are involved in this quest? How does each try to achieve this goal? What characters succeed? What characters fail? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Wyler and Alexa take on the roles of protagonist and antagonist, respectively. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they drawn to each other? How do they complement each other? What makes them a unique or unexpected pair? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Plays are divided into acts and the acts into scenes. Why does a playwright divide the story this way? How is the addition or subtraction of scene a useful tool in playwriting? How do the divisions aid the audience/reader?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)