|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wyler ask Alexa in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. How large of a range does the singer Alexa scammed have?
3. What is Alexa's real first name?
4. What does Wyler say after he gets punched in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. What does Alexa do during money transactions that is important to her scheme, according to Kaden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Plays are divided into acts and the acts into scenes. Why does a playwright divide the story this way? How is the addition or subtraction of scene a useful tool in playwriting? How do the divisions aid the audience/reader?
Essay Topic 2
The playwright uses the element of deus ex machina in the play. What is this stage element? What does it mean? How does the playwright use it? Is it effective or not? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes of the play is fantasy versus reality. How is this theme evident in the play? What characters have problems dealing with fantasy versus reality? What does this theme say about life both in the play and in general? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)