|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Act 1 subtitled?
2. Where does Alexa say she left Skunk's money?
3. Where was Alexa born?
4. Where does Alexa say Wyler will buy his suits in the future?
5. What is Alexa wearing in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexa contact Ginny?
2. How does the photographer respond to Wyler's photo setting request?
3. How does Alexa describe the reactions people will have when they see Wyler in the suit?
4. Describe the opening setting of Act 2, Scene 5.
5. What does Alexa use to transform herself into Alexa Vere de Vere from Brenda Gelb?
6. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 2.
7. How does Alexa react to Wyler writing in a composition book?
8. Who is Amber?
9. What is Wyler's first novel about?
10. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several references to "As Bees In Honey Drown" throughout the play, including the title of this play. What does the saying mean? Does the saying take on different meanings in each reference? How does each character interpret this saying? What does this saying say about life in general outside of the play? Use specific examples in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several references to the role and job of the writer in the play. According to the characters in the play, what is the role of the writer? According to the playwright, what is the role of the writer? Are these viewpoints similar or different? Why is the writer important or not important? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
There are various genres of plays. Identify the genre of "As Bees In Honey Drown." Support the genre chosen with specific examples from the text. Could the play fit into more than one genre? How?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)