|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were at Alexa's wedding?
2. Why does the photographer think it is good the subject did not change his initials?
3. What is the photographer there to do?
4. What does Alexa do to Wyler for luck in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Where does Alexa say Wyler will buy his suits in the future?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wyler stop by Mike's loft in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What is Wyler's first novel about?
3. Who is Morris Kaden?
4. What happened to Skunk's money, according to Alexa?
5. Why does Alexa tell Wyler she has been self-absorbed when they are on the ferry?
6. What does Ronald tell Wyler about the other people Alexa has tried on suits with?
7. What type of picture does Wyler want of himself?
8. Describe Alexa's wedding.
9. What happens when Wyler calls the hotel looking for Alexa in Act 1, Scene 8?
10. Why does Alexa want to meet with Wyler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Plays are divided into acts and the acts into scenes. Why does a playwright divide the story this way? How is the addition or subtraction of scene a useful tool in playwriting? How do the divisions aid the audience/reader?
Essay Topic 2
The climax of the play occurs when Skunk attacks Wyler outside of the newsstand. Why does Skunk attach Wyler? How is this event the climax of the play? What occurs after Skunk attacks Wyler? What events does this attack put into motion? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
There are various genres of plays. Identify the genre of "As Bees In Honey Drown." Support the genre chosen with specific examples from the text. Could the play fit into more than one genre? How?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)