|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alexa working with at Delta Records?
2. How does Alexa describe Wyler buying his first suit in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What religion was Alexa's wedding?
4. What does Alexa ask Wyler to pick up for her in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What is Alexa's husband's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Morris Kaden?
2. Describe Alexa's wedding.
3. What type of picture does Wyler want of himself?
4. How does Bethany react when Wyler tells her Alexa referred to her as a masochist?
5. According to Alexa, how did her husband die?
6. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
7. According to Alexa, what is the "finest word in the English language"?
8. Why does Wyler call some of Alexa's previous victims?
9. Why do Alexa's victims not stop her from scamming someone else?
10. How does Alexa describe the reactions people will have when they see Wyler in the suit?
Essay Topic 1
There are several references to "As Bees In Honey Drown" throughout the play, including the title of this play. What does the saying mean? Does the saying take on different meanings in each reference? How does each character interpret this saying? What does this saying say about life in general outside of the play? Use specific examples in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in the play are on a quest for fame and fortune. What characters are involved in this quest? How does each try to achieve this goal? What characters succeed? What characters fail? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator is an important role, if only an unseen character, in a play. What role does the narrator have in this play? How is the narrator important? What information does the narrator have that the characters do not? What is the narrator able to tell the audience/reader that the characters cannot? How is this important to a viewing or reading of the play? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 1,708 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)