|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the photographer want his subject to do?
2. Who is Ronald?
3. What animal does Alexa call Wyler?
4. What is the photographer's assistant drinking?
5. What is Wyler holding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexa contact Kaden in Act 2, Scene 9?
2. How does Kaden react when Wyler goes to see him about Alexa in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
4. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 2.
5. Why do Alexa's victims not stop her from scamming someone else?
6. Who is Morris Kaden?
7. Where did Mike meet Alexa?
8. Why does Alexa tell Wyler she has been self-absorbed when they are on the ferry?
9. Why is Ginny, the young violinist, nervous about getting her picture taken?
10. Why do Kaden and Illya call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of art imitating life is prevalent in the play. How is this theme depicted? How is this theme important to the play? What characters are involved in this theme's development? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in the play are on a quest for fame and fortune. What characters are involved in this quest? How does each try to achieve this goal? What characters succeed? What characters fail? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Before Alexa became Alexa, she was Brenda Gelb from Pennsylvania. Describe the transformation that Brenda makes to become Alexa Vere de Vere. What prompts this transformation? How does she accomplish changing her personality and actions to fit Alexa instead of Brenda? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 1,806 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)