|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alexa suggest they go to write the screenplay?
2. What does Alexa tell Wyler she does in England?
3. What does Alexa do to Wyler for luck in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 begin?
5. Where are Alexa and Wyler going after they pick up Swen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wyler question about Alexa's story in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. How does Ronald describe the people Alexa works with?
3. Why does Alexa want to meet with Wyler?
4. Why does Alexa contact Ginny?
5. Why do Alexa's victims not stop her from scamming someone else?
6. Why does Wyler contact Ginny?
7. How does Alexa react to Wyler writing in a composition book?
8. How does Wyler explain the slow development of the film's treatment?
9. How does the photographer respond to Wyler's photo setting request?
10. How does Bethany react when Wyler tells her Alexa referred to her as a masochist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several lessons learned by the play's various characters. Identify the lessons learned for each particular character. How are these lessons learned? Why are they important? What lesson is the playwright trying to teach the audience/reader? How has the playwright identified these lessons as important? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Each of the acts is subtitled "Life" and "Art," respectively. Why are these subtitles used? What additional information can the reader infer about the act based on the subtitle? Could these subtitles be changed? What might they be changed to? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Alexa has gotten away with conning people numerous times before she cons Wyler, who then decides to go after her. Why has no one before Wyler tried to track down Alexa? What has stopped them? How has this enabled Alexa to continue conning people? In turn, what makes Wyler want to track down Alexa? Why is he different from the rest of her victims? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)