|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photographer's subject's real first name?
2. Who is Ronald?
3. What animal does Alexa call Wyler?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 open?
5. Where is Alexa going after she and Wyler go to Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Swen?
2. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
3. What happens when Wyler calls the hotel looking for Alexa in Act 1, Scene 8?
4. Why does Alexa not want to deal with agents?
5. How does Alexa respond to Wyler when he does not want her to pay for his suit?
6. Where does Alexa suggest they go to write the film?
7. How does Ronald describe the people Alexa works with?
8. How does Alexa find her victims, according to Kaden?
9. What does the photographer think of Wyler as he is taking his picture?
10. Describe the opening setting of Act 2, Scene 5.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the acts is subtitled "Life" and "Art," respectively. Why are these subtitles used? What additional information can the reader infer about the act based on the subtitle? Could these subtitles be changed? What might they be changed to? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several references to "As Bees In Honey Drown" throughout the play, including the title of this play. What does the saying mean? Does the saying take on different meanings in each reference? How does each character interpret this saying? What does this saying say about life in general outside of the play? Use specific examples in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Plays often use flashbacks to provide the audience/reader with additional information about earlier events. Douglas Carter Beane uses different flashback techniques than other playwrights. What are his techniques? How are they useful? Are they better than other flashback techniques? What information is Beane able to provide the audience/reader with the use of these techniques? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)