|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Alexa want Wyler's written description to be?
2. What production does Alexa compare to their meal in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Wyler do for a living?
4. What animal does Alexa call Wyler?
5. What does Alexa want the movie to be about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Amber?
2. What happens when Wyler calls the hotel looking for Alexa in Act 1, Scene 8?
3. According to Alexa, what is the "finest word in the English language"?
4. Who is Morris Kaden?
5. What does Ronald tell Wyler about the other people Alexa has tried on suits with?
6. Where does Alexa suggest they go to write the film?
7. Why does Wyler stop by Mike's loft in Act 2, Scene 8?
8. How does Alexa "kill" Michael each time she tells the story of his death?
9. How does Wyler describe Alexa to Ronald?
10. Why does Ginny call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several references to "As Bees In Honey Drown" throughout the play, including the title of this play. What does the saying mean? Does the saying take on different meanings in each reference? How does each character interpret this saying? What does this saying say about life in general outside of the play? Use specific examples in the response.
Essay Topic 2
The line "No one pulls the cashmere over the eyes of a writer" is used at the beginning and ending of the play. What does this saying mean? How does the saying change meaning depending on the character speaking it or situation it is spoken in? Why is this line important to the play? Why did the playwright use it at both the beginning and ending of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Love is also an underlying theme in the play. How is love portrayed in the play? What characters experience love? What characters lack love? How does love or the lack thereof influence the play's storyline? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 1,675 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)