|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ronald describe Alexa in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What airline are Alexa and Wyler flying?
3. Who is Swen?
4. What does Swen adjust in the car?
5. What religion was Alexa's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 2.
2. What is Wyler's first novel about?
3. Why does Wyler call some of Alexa's previous victims?
4. Why does Alexa not want to deal with agents?
5. What does Alexa mean when she says, "No one pulls the cashmere over the eyes of a writer"?
6. How does Wyler describe Alexa to Ronald?
7. How does Alexa "kill" Michael each time she tells the story of his death?
8. Why does Alexa think Wyler is pursuing her after she conned him?
9. What story does Alexa tell Wyler about Bethany Vance?
10. Why does Alexa want to meet with Wyler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the acts is subtitled "Life" and "Art," respectively. Why are these subtitles used? What additional information can the reader infer about the act based on the subtitle? Could these subtitles be changed? What might they be changed to? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several lessons learned by the play's various characters. Identify the lessons learned for each particular character. How are these lessons learned? Why are they important? What lesson is the playwright trying to teach the audience/reader? How has the playwright identified these lessons as important? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of art imitating life is prevalent in the play. How is this theme depicted? How is this theme important to the play? What characters are involved in this theme's development? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)