|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ronald says Alexa only works with who in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Alexa tell Wyler she does in England?
3. What is the photographer's subject's real first name?
4. Where are Wyler and Alexa at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Alexa want the movie to be about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexa contact Ginny?
2. What does Ronald tell Wyler about the other people Alexa has tried on suits with?
3. Why does Wyler stop by Mike's loft in Act 2, Scene 8?
4. Who do the muses appear as in Act 2, Scene 9?
5. What happens when Wyler calls the hotel looking for Alexa in Act 1, Scene 8?
6. According to Alexa, what is the "finest word in the English language"?
7. Why does Alexa think Wyler is pursuing her after she conned him?
8. Where did Mike meet Alexa?
9. How does Kaden react when Wyler goes to see him about Alexa in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What does Alexa mean when she says, "No one pulls the cashmere over the eyes of a writer"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wyler and Alexa take on the roles of protagonist and antagonist, respectively. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they drawn to each other? How do they complement each other? What makes them a unique or unexpected pair? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Before Alexa became Alexa, she was Brenda Gelb from Pennsylvania. Describe the transformation that Brenda makes to become Alexa Vere de Vere. What prompts this transformation? How does she accomplish changing her personality and actions to fit Alexa instead of Brenda? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in the play are on a quest for fame and fortune. What characters are involved in this quest? How does each try to achieve this goal? What characters succeed? What characters fail? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)