|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alexa describe the way Wyler looks in his suit in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What clothing does the subject want to take the picture in?
3. What production does Alexa compare to their meal in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What animal does Alexa call Wyler?
5. What is Wyler holding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wyler explain the slow development of the film's treatment?
2. What type of picture does Wyler want of himself?
3. What happened to Skunk's money, according to Alexa?
4. How does Alexa explain how putting on an art show is a good idea?
5. What happens as Wyler and Alexa are checking out at the department store?
6. According to Alexa, how did her husband die?
7. How does Kaden react when Wyler goes to see him about Alexa in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. Why does Wyler call some of Alexa's previous victims?
9. Describe the opening setting of Act 2, Scene 5.
10. How does Wyler describe Alexa to Ronald?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wyler and Alexa take on the roles of protagonist and antagonist, respectively. Compare and contrast these two characters. How are they drawn to each other? How do they complement each other? What makes them a unique or unexpected pair? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes of the play is fantasy versus reality. How is this theme evident in the play? What characters have problems dealing with fantasy versus reality? What does this theme say about life both in the play and in general? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
There are several references to the role and job of the writer in the play. According to the characters in the play, what is the role of the writer? According to the playwright, what is the role of the writer? Are these viewpoints similar or different? Why is the writer important or not important? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)