|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the Three Stooges does Wyler say he would sleep with?
2. According to Alexa, no one pulls what over the eyes of a writer?
3. What is Alexa wearing in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Alexa tell Wyler not to look at her in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What is the photographer's subject's writing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexa not want to deal with agents?
2. What story does Alexa tell Wyler about Bethany Vance?
3. Why does writing not come easily to Wyler?
4. What happens as Wyler and Alexa are checking out at the department store?
5. Who is Morris Kaden?
6. According to Alexa, how did her husband die?
7. Who is Swen?
8. What is Alexa talking to Denise about in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
10. Why do Alexa's victims not stop her from scamming someone else?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alexa has gotten away with conning people numerous times before she cons Wyler, who then decides to go after her. Why has no one before Wyler tried to track down Alexa? What has stopped them? How has this enabled Alexa to continue conning people? In turn, what makes Wyler want to track down Alexa? Why is he different from the rest of her victims? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several references to the role and job of the writer in the play. According to the characters in the play, what is the role of the writer? According to the playwright, what is the role of the writer? Are these viewpoints similar or different? Why is the writer important or not important? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Setting and scene background are extremely important to a play. Why is setting and scenery important to a play? What are the various setting used in this play? How are they important to the action of the play? How does the setting add to the action? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 1,775 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)