|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photographer's subject's real first name?
2. What is missing from the recording studio?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 begin?
4. What clothing does the subject want to take the picture in?
5. What does Alexa want Wyler to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexa think Wyler is pursuing her after she conned him?
2. How does Alexa react to Wyler writing in a composition book?
3. What does Alexa offer Wyler since he is not writing?
4. What does the photographer think of Wyler as he is taking his picture?
5. What prompts Wyler to start writing in Act 2, Scene 9?
6. Why do Alexa's victims not stop her from scamming someone else?
7. Why do Kaden and Illya call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
8. Describe how Alexa tells Wyler deals happen and "culture is maintained."
9. Who is Swen?
10. Why does writing not come easily to Wyler?
Essay Topic 1
Before Alexa became Alexa, she was Brenda Gelb from Pennsylvania. Describe the transformation that Brenda makes to become Alexa Vere de Vere. What prompts this transformation? How does she accomplish changing her personality and actions to fit Alexa instead of Brenda? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are various genres of plays. Identify the genre of "As Bees In Honey Drown." Support the genre chosen with specific examples from the text. Could the play fit into more than one genre? How?
Essay Topic 3
The line "No one pulls the cashmere over the eyes of a writer" is used at the beginning and ending of the play. What does this saying mean? How does the saying change meaning depending on the character speaking it or situation it is spoken in? Why is this line important to the play? Why did the playwright use it at both the beginning and ending of the play?
This section contains 1,800 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)