|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 open?
2. What is the mood like at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What new accessory is Alexa wearing in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does Alexa say creative people have to protect them?
5. What is the photographer's subject's real first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wyler change his name?
2. What happens when Wyler calls the hotel looking for Alexa in Act 1, Scene 8?
3. Describe the opening setting of Act 2, Scene 5.
4. Why is Ginny, the young violinist, nervous about getting her picture taken?
5. According to Alexa, how did her husband die?
6. How does Alexa react to Wyler writing in a composition book?
7. Why does Alexa want to meet with Wyler?
8. Why does Ginny call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
9. How does Alexa describe the reactions people will have when they see Wyler in the suit?
10. What does Wyler do as Kaden lists names of people he knows Alexa has scammed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Plays often use flashbacks to provide the audience/reader with additional information about earlier events. Douglas Carter Beane uses different flashback techniques than other playwrights. What are his techniques? How are they useful? Are they better than other flashback techniques? What information is Beane able to provide the audience/reader with the use of these techniques? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several lessons learned by the play's various characters. Identify the lessons learned for each particular character. How are these lessons learned? Why are they important? What lesson is the playwright trying to teach the audience/reader? How has the playwright identified these lessons as important? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
The climax of the play occurs when Skunk attacks Wyler outside of the newsstand. Why does Skunk attach Wyler? How is this event the climax of the play? What occurs after Skunk attacks Wyler? What events does this attack put into motion? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)