Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photographer's subject's real first name?
2. What is missing from the recording studio?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 begin?
4. What clothing does the subject want to take the picture in?
5. What does Alexa want Wyler to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexa think Wyler is pursuing her after she conned him?
2. How does Alexa react to Wyler writing in a composition book?
3. What does Alexa offer Wyler since he is not writing?
4. What does the photographer think of Wyler as he is taking his picture?
5. What prompts Wyler to start writing in Act 2, Scene 9?
6. Why do Alexa's victims not stop her from scamming someone else?
7. Why do Kaden and Illya call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
8. Describe how Alexa tells Wyler deals happen and "culture is maintained."
9. Who is Swen?
10. Why does writing not come easily to Wyler?
There are several references to "As Bees In Honey Drown" throughout the play, including the title of this play. What does the saying mean? Does the saying take on different meanings in each reference? How does each character interpret this saying? What does this saying say about life in general outside of the play? Use specific examples in the response.
Love is also an underlying theme in the play. How is love portrayed in the play? What characters experience love? What characters lack love? How does love or the lack thereof influence the play's storyline? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
There are several lessons learned by the play's various characters. Identify the lessons learned for each particular character. How are these lessons learned? Why are they important? What lesson is the playwright trying to teach the audience/reader? How has the playwright identified these lessons as important? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)