|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photographer's subject's writing about?
2. Where is Alexa going after she and Wyler go to Hollywood?
3. According to Alexa, where did Michael commit suicide?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 open?
5. What age does Alexa say she got married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ginny, the young violinist, nervous about getting her picture taken?
2. What does Ronald tell Wyler about the other people Alexa has tried on suits with?
3. How does Alexa respond to Wyler when he does not want her to pay for his suit?
4. Who is Swen?
5. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
6. Who do the muses appear as in Act 2, Scene 9?
7. What does the photographer think of Wyler as he is taking his picture?
8. Where did Mike meet Alexa?
9. What does Alexa mean when she says, "No one pulls the cashmere over the eyes of a writer"?
10. Why does Ginny call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the acts is subtitled "Life" and "Art," respectively. Why are these subtitles used? What additional information can the reader infer about the act based on the subtitle? Could these subtitles be changed? What might they be changed to? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
The playwright uses several instances of foreshadowing throughout the play. Identify the uses of foreshadowing. How do these situations foreshadow later events in the play? Why are these events important? What does the audience/reader learn from these events that the characters in the play do not? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Setting and scene background are extremely important to a play. Why is setting and scenery important to a play? What are the various setting used in this play? How are they important to the action of the play? How does the setting add to the action? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)