|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Alexa going after she and Wyler go to Hollywood?
2. What are Wyler's socks made out of that he buys at the department store?
3. Where was Alexa born?
4. Why does Ronald let Alexa stay in the dressing room?
5. What is the name of Wyler's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexa contact Ginny?
2. What is Alexa talking to Denise about in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 2.
4. What happens when Wyler calls the hotel looking for Alexa in Act 1, Scene 8?
5. What does Wyler do as Kaden lists names of people he knows Alexa has scammed?
6. What prompts Wyler to start writing in Act 2, Scene 9?
7. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
8. Describe how Alexa tells Wyler deals happen and "culture is maintained."
9. What does Alexa offer Wyler since he is not writing?
10. Who do the muses appear as in Act 2, Scene 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The playwright uses several instances of foreshadowing throughout the play. Identify the uses of foreshadowing. How do these situations foreshadow later events in the play? Why are these events important? What does the audience/reader learn from these events that the characters in the play do not? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Alexa has gotten away with conning people numerous times before she cons Wyler, who then decides to go after her. Why has no one before Wyler tried to track down Alexa? What has stopped them? How has this enabled Alexa to continue conning people? In turn, what makes Wyler want to track down Alexa? Why is he different from the rest of her victims? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Setting and scene background are extremely important to a play. Why is setting and scenery important to a play? What are the various setting used in this play? How are they important to the action of the play? How does the setting add to the action? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)