Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the photographer's subject's real first name?
2. What is missing from the recording studio?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 begin?
4. What clothing does the subject want to take the picture in?
5. What does Alexa want Wyler to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexa think Wyler is pursuing her after she conned him?
2. How does Alexa react to Wyler writing in a composition book?
3. What does Alexa offer Wyler since he is not writing?
4. What does the photographer think of Wyler as he is taking his picture?
5. What prompts Wyler to start writing in Act 2, Scene 9?
6. Why do Alexa's victims not stop her from scamming someone else?
7. Why do Kaden and Illya call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
8. Describe how Alexa tells Wyler deals happen and "culture is maintained."
9. Who is Swen?
10. Why does writing not come easily to Wyler?
Essay Topic 1
Plays are divided into acts and the acts into scenes. Why does a playwright divide the story this way? How is the addition or subtraction of scene a useful tool in playwriting? How do the divisions aid the audience/reader?
Essay Topic 2
The playwright uses the element of deus ex machina in the play. What is this stage element? What does it mean? How does the playwright use it? Is it effective or not? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of art imitating life is prevalent in the play. How is this theme depicted? How is this theme important to the play? What characters are involved in this theme's development? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)