|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the table when Alexa and Wyler meet for the first time?
2. Where does Alexa find Wyler's number?
3. Who is the main character?
4. What does Alexa say will happen to women who see Wyler in his suit?
5. What is the photographer's subject's real last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Alexa not let Wyler look at her at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 6?
2. What story does Alexa tell Wyler about Bethany Vance?
3. Why does Ginny call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
5. According to Alexa, what is the "finest word in the English language"?
6. Why does Alexa contact Ginny?
7. What does Wyler question about Alexa's story in Act 1, Scene 5?
8. Who is Morris Kaden?
9. Why does Alexa think Wyler is pursuing her after she conned him?
10. Why does Wyler go to the newsstand shop in Act 1, Scene 7?
Essay Topic 1
The playwright uses the element of deus ex machina in the play. What is this stage element? What does it mean? How does the playwright use it? Is it effective or not? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
The climax of the play occurs when Skunk attacks Wyler outside of the newsstand. Why does Skunk attach Wyler? How is this event the climax of the play? What occurs after Skunk attacks Wyler? What events does this attack put into motion? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
There are several references to "As Bees In Honey Drown" throughout the play, including the title of this play. What does the saying mean? Does the saying take on different meanings in each reference? How does each character interpret this saying? What does this saying say about life in general outside of the play? Use specific examples in the response.
This section contains 1,760 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)