|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexa throw into the water?
2. Where was Alexa born?
3. Who is Swen?
4. Who pays for the missing equipment in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Where does Alexa say she left Skunk's money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alexa "kill" Michael each time she tells the story of his death?
2. Why does Alexa think Wyler is pursuing her after she conned him?
3. Why do Kaden and Illya call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who do the muses appear as in Act 2, Scene 9?
5. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
6. Who is Amber?
7. How does Wyler explain the slow development of the film's treatment?
8. Why is Ginny, the young violinist, nervous about getting her picture taken?
9. What does the photographer think of Wyler as he is taking his picture?
10. How does Alexa find her victims, according to Kaden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The playwright uses the element of deus ex machina in the play. What is this stage element? What does it mean? How does the playwright use it? Is it effective or not? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
The climax of the play occurs when Skunk attacks Wyler outside of the newsstand. Why does Skunk attach Wyler? How is this event the climax of the play? What occurs after Skunk attacks Wyler? What events does this attack put into motion? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
There are several references to "As Bees In Honey Drown" throughout the play, including the title of this play. What does the saying mean? Does the saying take on different meanings in each reference? How does each character interpret this saying? What does this saying say about life in general outside of the play? Use specific examples in the response.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)