|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. What time does Alexa and Wyler's plane leave?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 open?
4. Who does Alexa say she is writing about Wyler's film treatment?
5. Who is the main character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening setting of Act 2, Scene 5.
2. Describe Alexa's wedding.
3. Why do Kaden and Illya call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What does Alexa offer Wyler since he is not writing?
5. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 2.
6. Why does Skunk attack Wyler at the newsstand?
7. Why is Wyler having trouble writing after he has been scammed by Alexa?
8. Why does Wyler stop by Mike's loft in Act 2, Scene 8?
9. According to Alexa, how did her husband die?
10. What is Alexa talking to Denise about in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The line "No one pulls the cashmere over the eyes of a writer" is used at the beginning and ending of the play. What does this saying mean? How does the saying change meaning depending on the character speaking it or situation it is spoken in? Why is this line important to the play? Why did the playwright use it at both the beginning and ending of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Love is also an underlying theme in the play. How is love portrayed in the play? What characters experience love? What characters lack love? How does love or the lack thereof influence the play's storyline? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
The climax of the play occurs when Skunk attacks Wyler outside of the newsstand. Why does Skunk attach Wyler? How is this event the climax of the play? What occurs after Skunk attacks Wyler? What events does this attack put into motion? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)