|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexa make Wyler promise her as she tells him the story in the hotel room?
2. Who is Skunk?
3. What club does Ronald reference when Alexa enters the dressing room?
4. Who wants to play Alexa's father in her movie?
5. Where is Alexa going after she and Wyler go to Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexa use to transform herself into Alexa Vere de Vere from Brenda Gelb?
2. How does Alexa find her victims, according to Kaden?
3. How does Kaden react when Wyler goes to see him about Alexa in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 2.
5. Why does Alexa contact Ginny?
6. How does Wyler describe Alexa to Ronald?
7. Why does Wyler stop by Mike's loft in Act 2, Scene 8?
8. Why does Wyler call some of Alexa's previous victims?
9. Why does Ginny call Wyler in Act 2, Scene 6?
10. Who do the muses appear as in Act 2, Scene 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The playwright uses the element of deus ex machina in the play. What is this stage element? What does it mean? How does the playwright use it? Is it effective or not? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several references to "As Bees In Honey Drown" throughout the play, including the title of this play. What does the saying mean? Does the saying take on different meanings in each reference? How does each character interpret this saying? What does this saying say about life in general outside of the play? Use specific examples in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in the play are on a quest for fame and fortune. What characters are involved in this quest? How does each try to achieve this goal? What characters succeed? What characters fail? Use specific examples from the text in the response.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)