|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to fall behind when carrying the casket in Chapter 23: "Darl"?
2. What does Tull say is the only burden Anse has ever had in Chapter 16: "Tull"?
(a) Lack of intelligence.
(b) His father.
3. Who does Tull describe as standing like a scarecrow in Chapter 16: "Tull"?
4. What does Tull compare a man's brain with in Chapter 16: "Tull"?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A vicious monster.
(c) A piece of machinery.
(d) A passing cloud.
5. What literary device is employed in the following sentence from Chapter 8: "Tull"? "His eyes look like pieces of burnt-out cinder fixed in his face, looking out over the land" (11).
6. Who repeatedly spits into the dust in Chapter 5: "Darl"?
7. What does Tull describe Addie wearing in her casket in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
(a) Her nightgown.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Her favorite church dress.
(d) A red silk gown.
8. How far has Vardaman walked to reach the Tull residence in Chapter 16: "Tull"?
(a) Four miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Six miles.
9. How old was Pa when he got sick from working in the sun, according to Darl in Chapter 5: "Darl"?
10. Who advised Cora to get a good breed of chickens in Chapter 2: "Cora"?
(a) Mrs. Bundren.
(b) Mrs. Lawington.
(c) Mrs. Paul.
(d) Mrs. Anderson.
11. Who shouts at the other pallbearers to pick up in Chapter 23: "Darl"?
(b) Dewey Dell.
12. What does Dewey Dell say she is going to do while Anse and Cash eat in Chapter 14: "Dewey Dell"?
(a) To milk the cow.
(b) To start up the car.
(c) To go shopping.
(d) To call her cousin.
13. Who does Cora say "admits that a good breed of cows or hogs pays in the long run" in Chapter 2: "Cora"?
14. How old is Peabody?
(a) 70 years old.
(b) 60 years old.
(c) 40 years old.
(d) 50 years old.
15. What does Anse anticipate getting after Addie dies in Chapter 12: "Darl"?
(a) New shoes.
(b) New teeth.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A gramophone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who storms into the barn in Chapter 25: "Darl"?
2. Who comes to inform those at the Bundren home that the bridge has gone out in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
3. What does Cash do after realizing that his mother is dead in Chapter 12: "Darl"?
4. What disappears near the house as the wagon pulls away in Chapter 25: "Darl"?
5. Where does Tull describe Quick finding the buckboard in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)