|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Darl insinuate that Dewey Dell wants Addie to die in Chapter 10: "Darl"?
(a) So she can tend to her father.
(b) So she can marry Samson.
(c) So she can go live in town.
(d) So she can marry Tull.
2. Who is driving the wagon in Chapter 25: "Darl"?
(d) Dewey Dell.
3. Who ends up hoisting the coffin into the wagon alone in Chapter 23: "Darl"?
(a) Dewey Dell.
4. Where does Tull describe Quick finding the buckboard in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) In the church.
5. What is Vardaman doing when he is seen after the funeral service in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
6. What part of the barn is Cash repairing in Chapter 24: "Vardaman"?
(a) The stables.
(b) The loft.
(c) The roof.
(d) The pigpen.
7. Whose barn does Cash intend to stop by and work on in Chapter 24: "Vardaman"?
8. Where does Vardaman describe not being able to breathe in Chapter 15: Vardaman"?
(a) A cellar.
(b) An attic.
(c) A crib.
(d) A church.
9. What does Vardaman claim his mother is in Chapter 19: "Vardaman"?
(a) A horse.
(b) A buzzard.
(c) A fish.
(d) A goddess.
10. What was Cora cooking that made Vardaman become crazed, according to Tull in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A fish.
(c) A frog.
(d) A goose.
11. Who does the narrator describe picking into the secret shade with in Chapter 7: "Dewey Dell"?
12. How long does Peabody say it's been since Anse was in town in Chapter 11: "Peabody"?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
13. Who does Pa tell to get supper on after Addie's death in Chapter 12: "Darl"?
(a) Ann Marie.
(d) Dewey Dell.
14. What does Vardaman ask Cash if he is going to do with the coffin in Chapter 15: Vardaman"?
(a) Send it back.
(b) Nail it shut.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Finish it within the week.
15. How far away does Tull say New Hope is in Chapter 8: "Tull"?
(a) Over six miles.
(b) Less than three miles.
(c) About ten miles.
(d) Less than two miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora say "will break up a hen-house quicker than anything," in Chapter 2: "Cora" (5)?
2. Darl says in Chapter 3: "Darl," "When I was a boy I first learned how much better water tastes when it has set for a while in" what (9)?
3. How old was Pa when he got sick from working in the sun, according to Darl in Chapter 5: "Darl"?
4. Who says "I mislike undecision as much as ere a man" in Chapter 5: "Darl"?
5. What does Cora perceive as the sign that Addie has died in Chapter 16: "Tull"?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)