|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cash do after realizing that his mother is dead in Chapter 12: "Darl"?
(a) He returns to sawing her casket.
(b) He calls the coroner.
(c) He calls for Dr. Peabody.
(d) He calls for Vardaman.
2. How many miles does Cora say the Bundrens are carting Addie to bury her in Chapter 6: "Cora"?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
3. Where does Vardaman describe not being able to breathe in Chapter 15: Vardaman"?
(a) A church.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A crib.
(d) An attic.
4. With whom does Darl return from the fields in Chapter 1: "Darl"?
5. Where is the wagon when Darl begins laughing in Chapter 25: "Darl"?
(a) Quick's Lane.
(b) Anderson's Lane.
(c) Samson's Lane.
(d) Tull's Lane.
6. Who does Vardaman blame for his mother's death in Chapter 13: "Vardaman"?
7. How old does Tull say his mother lived until in Chapter 8: "Tull"?
(a) Over 70.
(b) Over 90.
(c) Over 60.
(d) Over 80.
8. Who watches Darl pass through the house while touching her beads in the end of Chapter 2: "Cora"?
9. Who ends up hoisting the coffin into the wagon alone in Chapter 23: "Darl"?
(a) Dewey Dell.
10. Whose raincoat is offered to Cash while he works on the coffin in Chapter 17: "Darl"?
11. For how long does Cora say she's been coming to stay with Addie almost every day in Chapter 6: "Cora"?
(a) For three weeks.
(b) For two weeks.
(c) For three days.
(d) For six weeks.
12. What does Dewey Dell say she is going to do while Anse and Cash eat in Chapter 14: "Dewey Dell"?
(a) To go shopping.
(b) To milk the cow.
(c) To start up the car.
(d) To call her cousin.
13. What does Vardaman say Dewey Dell told him they would get in Chapter 15: Vardaman"?
14. What does Vardaman describe Jewel's eyes as looking like when he stands off with is father in Chapter 24: "Vardaman"?
(a) Pool balls.
(b) Dragon eyes.
15. Who is driving the wagon in Chapter 25: "Darl"?
(c) Dewey Dell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Pa when he got sick from working in the sun, according to Darl in Chapter 5: "Darl"?
2. Who does Dewey Dell sit next to in the wagon in Chapter 25: "Darl"?
3. What is notable about Dewey Dell's narrative style in Chapter 7: "Dewey Dell"?
4. Whose coffin is being constructed in Chapter 1: "Darl"?
5. What literary device is employed in the following sentence from Chapter 8: "Tull"? "His eyes look like pieces of burnt-out cinder fixed in his face, looking out over the land" (11).
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)