|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tull describe Quick finding the buckboard in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In the church.
(d) In the backyard.
2. What environmental change does Anse blame for Addie's illness in Chapter 9: "Anse"?
(a) The chopping down of the forest.
(b) The building of a road.
(c) The installment of a condominium.
(d) The building of a hospital.
3. What was Cora cooking that made Vardaman become crazed, according to Tull in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
(a) A fish.
(b) A frog.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A goose.
4. How old is Peabody?
(a) 70 years old.
(b) 60 years old.
(c) 50 years old.
(d) 40 years old.
5. What disappears near the house as the wagon pulls away in Chapter 25: "Darl"?
(a) Stray dogs.
(b) Stray cats.
6. Who does Tull describe as standing like a scarecrow in Chapter 16: "Tull"?
7. Who watches Darl pass through the house while touching her beads in the end of Chapter 2: "Cora"?
8. What caused Pa to be laid up sick, according to Jewel in Chapter 4: "Jewel"?
(a) He got heatstroke from working the cotton fields.
(b) A load of wood fell on him.
(c) He lost his hand to a saw.
(d) He was hit by a jackhammer.
9. What does Darl describe the air as smelling like as he watches Cash work in Chapter 17: "Darl"?
10. How much does Peabody say he weighs in Chapter 11: "Peabody"?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 225 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 190 pounds.
11. For how long does Cora say she's been coming to stay with Addie almost every day in Chapter 6: "Cora"?
(a) For six weeks.
(b) For three days.
(c) For two weeks.
(d) For three weeks.
12. What is Addie compared to in Chapter 15: Vardaman"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A rabbit.
13. What does Tull describe Addie wearing in her casket in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
(a) A red silk gown.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Her favorite church dress.
(d) Her nightgown.
14. What is Vardaman doing when he is seen after the funeral service in Chapter 20: "Tull"?
15. What does Cora perceive as the sign that Addie has died in Chapter 16: "Tull"?
(a) A telephone call from Anse.
(b) The arrival of Peabody's horses.
(c) A buzzard flying over.
(d) The arrival of Darl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose coffin is being constructed in Chapter 1: "Darl"?
2. Who is Cora married to?
3. What does Tull compare a man's brain with in Chapter 16: "Tull"?
4. Who is driving the wagon in Chapter 25: "Darl"?
5. How many miles does Cora say the Bundrens are carting Addie to bury her in Chapter 6: "Cora"?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)