|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advised Cora to get a good breed of chickens in Chapter 2: "Cora"?
(a) Mrs. Lawington.
(b) Mrs. Paul.
(c) Mrs. Anderson.
(d) Mrs. Bundren.
2. Who is heard sawing in the distance in Chapter 1: "Darl"?
3. What does Anse anticipate getting after Addie dies in Chapter 12: "Darl"?
(a) New teeth.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A gramophone.
(d) A new suit.
4. Who is Cora married to?
(a) Vernon Tull.
(b) Dr. Peabody.
(c) Anse Bundren.
(d) Vanderman Bundren.
5. What literary device is employed in the following sentence from Chapter 8: "Tull"? "His eyes look like pieces of burnt-out cinder fixed in his face, looking out over the land" (11).
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Tull's daughters?
2. What does Vardaman ask Cash if he is going to do with the coffin in Chapter 15: Vardaman"?
3. How long does Dewey Dell say it took for Addie to die in Chapter 14: "Dewey Dell"?
4. Why does Peabody hope for Addie's impending death in Chapter 11: "Peabody"?
5. What does Cora say "will break up a hen-house quicker than anything," in Chapter 2: "Cora" (5)?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)