|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
(a) Stay and fight.
(b) Gladly leave.
(c) Pretend they do not hear the command.
(d) Go home to their families.
2. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
(b) They pretend to be lepers.
(c) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(d) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
3. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
(a) Because the Romans murdered many Jews and destroyed the Temple.
(b) Because the Romans caused the boys to come home late.
(c) Because the boys weren't respectful enough to the Romans.
(d) Because now the boys want to be Romans.
4. Why does Demonax recommend that Elisha see Poleman?
(a) Poleman taught Demonax everything he knows.
(b) Poleman has questions he feels only Elisha can answer.
(c) Poleman can outline Elisha's reading for him.
(d) Poleman knows of a man who may be able to help Elisha.
5. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
(a) He must quit studying.
(b) It has not supplied the answers he so desperately needs.
(c) It has fulfilled all his expectations.
(d) He needs to study harder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
2. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
3. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
4. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
5. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)