|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(c) Uncle Amram.
2. Who does Elisha find in prison?
(a) Joseph ben Sera.
3. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(b) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(c) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
4. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
(a) Celebrate and prepare a grand feast.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Surrender to the Romans.
(d) Invite the Romans into town.
5. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
(b) The commander does not change his orders.
(c) He has the sages executed.
(d) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends lecture and symposia with Elisha?
2. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
3. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
4. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
5. Who stands up against the leader of the rebels?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)