|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(c) Uncle Amram.
2. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(b) Judea and Galilee.
3. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(a) Uncle Amram.
4. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
(b) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(c) They pretend to be lepers.
(d) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
5. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(b) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(c) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(d) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
2. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
3. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
4. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
5. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)