|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
(a) They pretend to be lepers.
(b) They pretend to be old women attending a knitting party.
(c) They pretend to be merchants attending a market.
(d) The rabbis experience no problems and meet without disguise.
2. Where do Elisha and Pappas go to meet with Rufus?
(b) The Sanhedrin.
3. Why do Akiba and Elisha not speak when they meet?
(a) Elisha is upset that Akiba did not stand by him in Israel.
(b) Akiba honors the commands of the ex-communication.
(c) Akiba and Elisha have no interest in each other.
(d) Akiba hates Elisha for what he did in Israel.
4. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He is embarrassed by her.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He loves her.
5. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Amram's mother.
(b) Elisha's mother.
(c) Elisheba's mother.
(d) Abuyah's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elisha go to escape the cold of the blizzard?
2. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
3. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
4. Where does the plague strike?
5. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)