|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is warm and genuine.
(b) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(c) That she is in love with Pappas.
(d) That she is very temperamental.
2. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
(a) Math, english, and religion.
(b) Logic, reason, and astrology.
(c) Science, math, or philosophy.
(d) The Sanhedrin, tradition, and ancient scriptures.
3. What is the strength of the Jewish faith expected to outlast?
(a) The paganism practiced by the Romans.
(b) The war against the Jews.
(c) The vast studies and wisdom of the Romans and Greeks.
(d) The Jews who practice it.
4. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
(a) Celebrate and prepare a grand feast.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Invite the Romans into town.
(d) Surrender to the Romans.
5. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
(b) Sometimes, but he hides his beliefs from everyone.
(d) When he was younger, but he does not do so anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elisha find in prison?
2. Why has Elisha been called to return to Israel?
3. How does Elisha plan to defend himself to the Sanhedrin?
4. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
5. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)