|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he loves Deborah.
(b) That he is betrothed to Theo.
(c) That he is moving to Antioch.
(d) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
2. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
(a) Simeon ben Azzai says he is ready to meet God and dies in their arms.
(b) He claims he no longer trusts in God.
(c) The host kills the other Simeon.
(d) The host arrives completely drunk.
3. What did Elisha's best friends do because they were manipulated by Elisha?
(a) Devised new methods to counteract the Sanhedrin.
(b) Built a government based on Greek law.
(c) Rebuilt the Temple.
(d) Helped him learn more Greek knowledge.
4. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A magician doing magic tricks.
(b) A washerwoman break her leg.
(c) A temple being built.
(d) A small girl dying on the street.
5. When does Elisha leave the arena?
(a) Before the executions.
(b) Elisha leaves only when the harlot tells him to.
(c) After the first killing.
(d) The next day when the attendants find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Meir's wife?
2. How long does the siege on Bethar last?
3. Whose voice does Elisha recognize discussing cases in Jewish Law?
4. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
5. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)