|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
(a) Elisha insults Rufus.
(b) Rufus tells them that he can do nothing.
(c) Rufus convinces the Emperor to change his plans.
(d) Rufus tries, but fails to convince the Emperor to change his plans.
2. Who does Elisha find in prison?
(d) Joseph ben Sera.
3. What is the small delegation of the Sanhedrin sages alarmed by?
(a) The idea that no one is willing to fight for their beliefs.
(b) That they might completely overpower the Romans in this battle.
(c) That everyone has lost faith in God.
(d) The prospect of fighting a war.
4. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
(a) No one is caught.
(b) They are executed.
(c) No one in the book practices Jewish traditions and teachings.
(d) They are praised.
5. What is the name of Meir's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha and his friends are at the home of Simeon ben Azzai, what happens to their host?
2. Where is Elisha taken after the executions?
3. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
4. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
5. What impresses Elisha about the Roman court system?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)