|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Pappas going when they run into Theo?
(a) They are going to find Elisha's father and his uncle.
(b) They are going to study Greek and Roman works.
(c) They are headed to watch a cow give birth.
(d) They are going to find an encampment of Roman soldiers in the area.
2. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(b) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(c) She insists they take a week off.
(d) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
3. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
(a) To ask rabbi Joshua for advice concerning Elisha.
(b) To inform the Sanhedrin that Elisha has no intent to return to Israel.
(c) To bring Deborah back to Antioch with him.
(d) To extract a message of intent from the Sanhedrin concerning Elisha.
4. Who arranges that Elisha be released from jail?
5. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(d) Uncle Amram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
2. What do the people of Bethar do when they realize that the Romans will soon overrun their town?
3. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
4. What is the result of Elisha and Pappas visit with Rufus to ask him to convince the Emperor to change his plans?
5. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)