|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
(a) He is welcomed warmly.
(b) Pappas refuses to let Elisha in his home unless he accepts God.
(c) He arrives to find Pappas does not recognize Elisha.
(d) Pappas tells Elisha how ashamed of Elisha he is for running away.
2. What happens after Judah ben Baba ordains the new rabbi at their secret meeting?
(a) Judah ben Baba flees to Morocco.
(b) Elisha talks with Judah ben Baba about logic and faith.
(c) The Romans find Judah ben Baba and kill him.
(d) The Persians attack Rome.
3. What does Elisha's life revolve around once he begins his studies?
(d) Greek and Roman mythology.
4. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
(a) Elisha tells Deborah that he still loves her, but the cannot be together.
(b) Elisha is overjoyed, and decides they should be together.
(c) Elisha tells Deborah he is leaving forever.
(d) Elisha is despondent and does not respond.
5. What does Nicholaus tell Elisha when Elisha says he cannot repress his feelings and obsession with finding the truth?
(a) Their friendship is over.
(b) They must only meet secretly from now on.
(c) He will report him to the authorities.
(d) He will stand by him as a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are over thirty rabbis able to meet in the attic of a friend in Lydda?
2. Whose voice does Elisha recognize discussing cases in Jewish Law?
3. What did rabbi Joshua do when the ex-communication of Elisha was read at Sanhedrin?
4. Why does Elisha return to Antioch?
5. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)