|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
(a) He arrives to find Pappas does not recognize Elisha.
(b) Pappas tells Elisha how ashamed of Elisha he is for running away.
(c) Pappas refuses to let Elisha in his home unless he accepts God.
(d) He is welcomed warmly.
2. How long does the siege on Bethar last?
(a) The siege never takes place.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) It never ends.
3. After Elisha receives a letter of commendation from head of the museum in Alexandria, who does he rush to show the letter to?
4. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
5. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
(a) He cannot teach Elisha anything that Elisha does not already know.
(b) Elisha's request is inappropriate.
(c) He is much too busy.
(d) He does not want to be associated with Elisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha respond when Deborah is trying to renew her marriage with him?
2. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
3. What happens after Judah ben Baba ordains the new rabbi at their secret meeting?
4. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
5. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)