|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elisha ashamed when he watches the spectacle at the local arena where men and lions kill each other?
(a) The grotesque violence causes him to laugh.
(b) He cannot stop the crowd of people from watching.
(c) His own feelings of bloodlust.
(d) Pappas cheers on the violence maniacally.
2. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Five Years.
(b) Fourteen Years.
(c) Two Years.
(d) Thirteen Years.
3. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
(a) That he does not believe in God.
(b) That he does not think the rebuilding will ever happen.
(c) That he is glad the rebuilding of the Temple will happen soon.
(d) That he is divorcing Deborah.
4. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(b) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
(c) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(d) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
5. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
(a) His wife, Deborah.
(c) His old tutor, Nicholaus.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha discuss with Justin, the leader of the Gentile Christians?
2. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
3. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
4. What is the name of Meir's wife?
5. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)