|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the commander's response to the pleading of the sages?
(a) He has the sages executed.
(b) The commander releases the insurrection leaders.
(c) The commander does not change his orders.
(d) He orders the disbandment of the Sanhedrin.
2. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
(b) She has married an awful husband.
(c) He loves her.
(d) She should run away with him.
3. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
(a) Sets fire to the scrolls in class.
(b) Drops a Greek scroll in class.
(c) Trips over a student.
(d) Slams his fingers in the door.
4. What does Rufus want Elisha and Pappas to do?
(a) To fight along side the Romans.
(b) To inform him about the Jews.
(c) To stay with him at his headquarters for their safety.
(d) To send a message to Israel.
5. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(b) Very proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elisha try to deceive Rufus?
2. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
3. Why has Akiba come to Antioch to raise money for war against the Romans?
4. After being asked to make a speech to a class in an academy, what does Elisha tell the students?
5. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)