|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha begins his life as a Rabbi?
(a) By signing documents.
(b) Judging in Usha.
(c) Helping widows and children.
(d) Giving up all his possessions.
2. What is the strength of the Jewish faith expected to outlast?
(a) The paganism practiced by the Romans.
(b) The war against the Jews.
(c) The Jews who practice it.
(d) The vast studies and wisdom of the Romans and Greeks.
3. What happens to the new rabbis after Judah ben Baba ordains them?
(a) They escape from the Romans without harm.
(b) They refuse to teach the people.
(c) They disappear.
(d) They convert to Buddhism.
4. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(b) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(c) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(d) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
5. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
(a) That Elisha will be killed in three day.
(b) That the Romans will kill the Sanhedrin tomorrow.
(c) To leave Israel as soon as possible.
(d) That everything is okay.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
2. Where has Rufus erected his headquarters?
3. What sort of people does Elisha find himself in the company of after accepting an invitation to dinner by one of the rhetoricians?
4. What does Elisha discuss with Justin, the leader of the Gentile Christians?
5. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)