|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
(a) They consummate their love for one another.
(b) They discuss the arena where men and lions kill each other.
(c) Manto tells Elisha that Rufus is planning on killing him.
(d) Elisha tells Manto he must leave Antioch.
2. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
(b) His wife, Deborah.
(c) His father.
(d) His old tutor, Nicholaus.
3. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
(b) Judea and Galilee.
4. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
(a) Abuyah's mother.
(b) Elisheba's mother.
(c) Amram's mother.
(d) Elisha's mother.
5. What happens after Judah ben Baba ordains the new rabbi at their secret meeting?
(a) Judah ben Baba flees to Morocco.
(b) Elisha talks with Judah ben Baba about logic and faith.
(c) The Persians attack Rome.
(d) The Romans find Judah ben Baba and kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rufus say will happen to Elisha and Pappas if they do not comply?
2. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
3. What is the origin of Theo's name?
4. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
5. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)