|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XVIII - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
(b) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(c) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(d) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
2. What does Nicholaus try to convince Elisha to do?
(a) That the Romans will kill the Sanhedrin tomorrow.
(b) That everything is okay.
(c) To leave Israel as soon as possible.
(d) That Elisha will be killed in three day.
3. Who goes mad and implicates Elisha as the one who created the disbelief in him?
(b) Simeon ben Azzai.
(c) Simeon ben Zoma.
4. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
(b) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
(c) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(d) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
5. What vow does Elisha make to Manto before she dies in his arms?
(a) Nothing will stop him from completing his great project.
(b) He will love her forever.
(c) He will tell Rufus she loves him.
(d) He will find Rufus and aid him in his war efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the siege on Bethar last?
2. What happens to the new rabbis after Judah ben Baba ordains them?
3. How are the conditions of the jail described to Elisha?
4. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
5. What is Elisha amazed to find even on death row?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)