|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XII - XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elisha know that dies of the plague?
(a) Joseph and Josiah.
(b) Meir's children.
(c) Deborah and her servant girl.
(d) All of the members of the Sanhedrin.
2. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(b) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(c) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(d) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
3. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(b) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
(c) The case is already settled.
(d) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
4. What is the small delegation of the Sanhedrin sages alarmed by?
(a) That everyone has lost faith in God.
(b) That they might completely overpower the Romans in this battle.
(c) The prospect of fighting a war.
(d) The idea that no one is willing to fight for their beliefs.
5. Why is Elisha overcome with discontent when he visits with Meir and Beruriah?
(a) They tell Elisha that they can no longer see him.
(b) Meir and Beruriah mock Elisha for his educational background.
(c) He lacks the proper education to study Greek literature well.
(d) They tell him that the Sanhedrin will indict him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Demonax refuse Elisha's request?
2. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
3. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
4. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
5. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)