|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters V-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(d) Uncle Amram.
2. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Home of Pappas.
3. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
(a) Elisha renounces his Jewish faith.
(b) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice and appearance, yet not in thought.
(c) Elisha becomes thoroughly Jewish in practice, appearance, and thought.
(d) Elisha begins his training to become a rabbi and sage.
4. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
(b) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
(c) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
(d) Amram is an atheist.
5. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
(a) At the Sanhedrin during the proceedings.
(b) At a dinner.
(c) Rabbi Joshua introduces them when they get to the Sanhedrin.
(d) Akiba is Elisha's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
2. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
3. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
4. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
5. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)