|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The Home of Pappas.
(c) The Home of Rabbi Joshua.
2. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
(a) At the Sanhedrin during the proceedings.
(b) At a dinner.
(c) Rabbi Joshua introduces them when they get to the Sanhedrin.
(d) Akiba is Elisha's teacher.
3. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(a) Uncle Amram.
4. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(c) Uncle Amram.
5. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
(b) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
(c) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(d) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
2. Why is Tobias, Elisha's steward, furious with Pappas and Elisha for their conversation with the Romans?
3. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
4. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
5. Where does the plague strike?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)