|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
(a) Elisha's sanity has completely left.
(b) Elisha's stores of money have dissolved.
(c) Elisha's marriage has begun to disintegrate.
(d) Some of Elisha's friendships have begun to dissolve.
2. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(b) Uncle Amram.
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(c) Rabbi Joshua.
(d) Uncle Amram.
4. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
(b) The two Simeons.
(c) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
(d) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
5. When Elisha is notified that he is now a candidate for ordination, Deborah insists what of the servants?
(a) She insists they kneel before Elisha.
(b) She insists they prepare a feast for themselves.
(c) She insists they take a week off.
(d) She insists they call Elisha, Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
2. What is the origin of Theo's name?
3. How old is Elisha when he gets married?
4. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
5. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)