|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(b) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(c) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(d) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
2. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
(a) His wife, Deborah.
(c) His old tutor, Nicholaus.
(d) His father.
3. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) Their children are annoying.
(b) They live in squalor.
(c) They're not wealthy.
(d) They're richer than her.
4. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
(c) Uncle Amram.
5. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
2. Where does Uncle Amram take Elisha to begin his training to become a rabbi and sage?
3. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
4. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
5. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)