|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the plague strike?
2. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
(a) Rome has threatened to rebuild the temple for the Jews.
(b) Roman soldiers are traveling to close to the Sanhedrin.
(c) The Sanhedrin is asking to rebuild their temple.
(d) The Sanhedrin is concerned about rebel Jews.
3. Elisha's obsession with truth has caused what to dissolve?
(a) Some of Elisha's friendships have begun to dissolve.
(b) Elisha's marriage has begun to disintegrate.
(c) Elisha's sanity has completely left.
(d) Elisha's stores of money have dissolved.
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
(a) His mother died.
(b) His father died.
(c) His grandparents died.
(d) Both his mother and father died.
5. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(b) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(c) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
(d) He ignores their deaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the merchant's business after the court case?
2. What do the workers, numbering over 500, want to do after the command to leave?
3. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
4. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
5. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)