|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The Roman court.
(b) The merchant drops the case.
(c) The Elysian court.
(d) The Grecian court.
2. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(b) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
(c) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(d) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
3. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
(a) None of Elisha's friends are going insane.
(b) Akiba and Simeon ben Azzai.
(c) The two Simeons.
(d) Simeon ben Zoma and Akiba.
4. What happens when Palestine learns of Trajan's edict that the Temple may be rebuilt?
(a) Palestine businesses close down.
(b) Money pours in from the Jewish people.
(c) Palestine petitions for the decision to be reversed.
(d) Palestine mourns.
5. What is the origin of Theo's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
2. Who takes over Elisha's circumcision ceremony at the absence of Abuyah?
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
4. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
5. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)