|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Elisha and Deborah to stay when at the feast?
(a) Uncle Amram's estate.
(b) Their own estate.
(c) Akiba's house.
(d) Rabbi Peter's home.
2. When Pappas finds Elisha alone in the garden, what does he tell him?
(a) That he is moving to Antioch.
(b) That he wishes to move in with Elisha.
(c) That he loves Deborah.
(d) That he is betrothed to Theo.
3. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
(a) A Rabbi.
(c) The Patriarch.
4. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
(a) The ways of business and estate management.
(b) How to become a great rabbi and sage.
(c) How to stop the Jewish rebels.
(d) Why Abuyah read Greek and Roman documents.
5. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
(a) The Sanhedrin.
(c) The Roman cavalry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
2. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
3. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
4. What is the name of the Greek scholar who instructs Elisha as a boy?
5. Where does the plague strike?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)