|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(b) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
(c) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
(d) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
2. How many years did Elisha sit as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at the Sanhedrin?
(a) Thirteen Years.
(b) Five Years.
(c) Fourteen Years.
(d) Two Years.
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Rabbi Peter.
(b) Rabbi Joshua.
(d) Uncle Amram.
4. What does Elisha accidentally do in Jewish academy class one day?
(a) Drops a Greek scroll in class.
(b) Slams his fingers in the door.
(c) Trips over a student.
(d) Sets fire to the scrolls in class.
5. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) A Greek book.
(b) Old, ancient scrolls.
(c) A ring.
(d) An expensive lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
2. What is the origin of Theo's name?
3. Elisha returns home for major festivals and uses this time to learn what from Amram?
4. Where does the plague strike?
5. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)