|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
(a) That Elisha do what his uncle, Amram, tells him to do.
(b) That Elisha train to become a rabbi and sage.
(c) That Elisha will be wholehearted and not torn in two.
(d) That Elisha burn all books and documents that are not Jewish.
2. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A washerwoman break her leg.
(b) A magician doing magic tricks.
(c) A small girl dying on the street.
(d) A temple being built.
3. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) She has married an awful husband.
(b) She should run away with him.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
4. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
(a) An expensive lamp.
(b) A ring.
(c) Old, ancient scrolls.
(d) A Greek book.
5. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Uncle Amram.
(b) Rabbi Peter.
(c) Rabbi Joshua.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two friends of Elisha are going insane because of the knowledge they have gained from Greek literature?
2. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
3. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
4. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
5. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)