|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
(b) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(c) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(d) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
2. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
(a) Elisha admires Joshuas modest life-style.
(b) Rabbi Joshua praises Elisha.
(c) Rabbi Joshua proposes a trial period for them both.
(d) Rabbi Joshua does not win Elisha's confidence at all.
3. What is the name of Meir's wife?
4. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
(a) That he does not think the rebuilding will ever happen.
(b) That he is divorcing Deborah.
(c) That he is glad the rebuilding of the Temple will happen soon.
(d) That he does not believe in God.
5. When Elisha is going back to Nicholaus, what does he overhear his father say to Uncle Amram?
(a) He does not believe in the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea.
(b) He worries Elisha does not believe in miracles.
(c) He thinks he should take over direction of Elisha's studies.
(d) He does not think Elisha studies hard enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sanhedrin send a delegation to Rome?
2. What is the result of the three years of instruction Elisha receives from Amram after his father's death?
3. What is Abuyah's dying wish for Elisha to fulfill?
4. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
5. After sitting as an observer and Joshua's apprentice at Sanhedrin, what happened to Elisha?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)