|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(b) Very proud.
2. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(b) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
(c) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(d) Because Elisha is a Greek.
3. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
(a) The Christians and Gnostics.
(b) His old childhood friends.
(c) His old tutor, Josef.
(d) Each member of the Sanhedrin, individually.
4. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
5. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is very temperamental.
(b) That she is in love with Pappas.
(c) That she is warm and genuine.
(d) That she values wealth more than friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
2. Why does Amram decide not to let Elisha become married to Theo?
3. What gift does Elisha receive from Pappas?
4. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
5. Where did Elisha travel while studying, attending academies, and sitting with the masters?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)