|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
(a) Uncle Amram.
2. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
(a) Elisha prepares a meal for her.
(b) Elisha offers to take her to a feast.
(c) Elisha buys her a servant girl.
(d) Elisha holds her hand in the garden.
3. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
(a) Because Elisha's father had strong sympathies for the Greek.
(b) Because Elisha is a Greek.
(c) Because Elisha isn't intelligent enough to handle the job.
(d) Because Elisha is a lay carpenter.
4. What does Elisha think about his new wife after the week-long festival?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is embarrassed by her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He is disappointed.
5. What is the name of Meir's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
2. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
3. Who does Elisha want to seek out to answer his questions?
4. Who does Elisha find out he has been betrothed to?
5. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)