|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
(b) The Roman cavalry.
(c) The Sanhedrin.
2. What are the names of Meir's children?
(a) Saul and Samuel.
(b) Samuel and Solomon.
(c) Sarah and Samuel.
(d) Uriah and Pariah.
3. How does Elisha meet Akiba?
(a) At the Sanhedrin during the proceedings.
(b) Rabbi Joshua introduces them when they get to the Sanhedrin.
(c) Akiba is Elisha's teacher.
(d) At a dinner.
4. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
(c) Uncle Amram.
5. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
(b) The case is already settled.
(c) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(d) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rabbi Johannan amazed that Elisha is studying to become a rabbi?
2. When Abuyah dies, who burns all the books and documents that are not Jewish?
3. Who is the confusing and angry man Elisha meets at dinner before he meets Simeon ben Azzai and Simeon ben Zoma?
4. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
5. Soon after Elisha's conversation, a rider comes into town with what news?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)