|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
(d) Uncle Amram.
2. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A magician doing magic tricks.
(b) A temple being built.
(c) A washerwoman break her leg.
(d) A small girl dying on the street.
3. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
(a) The merchant drops the case.
(b) The Grecian court.
(c) The Roman court.
(d) The Elysian court.
4. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
(b) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(c) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(d) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
5. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
(a) His wife, Deborah.
(b) His father.
(d) His old tutor, Nicholaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
2. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
3. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
4. Does Abuyah consort with pagan philosophers and read Greek books?
5. When Elisha's trial period as a sage apprentice is over, what does he decide to do?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)