|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
(a) That they burn all Greek literature.
(b) Studying it could help people forget their faith.
(c) That the Sanhedrin tax owners of Greek literature.
(d) Studying it could help counter debate.
2. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
(a) Feels Meir's wife should be more submissive.
(b) Feels should Meir treated his wife better.
(c) Wishes his marriage was like Meir's.
(d) Glad his marriage is nothing like Meir's.
3. What do Deborah's behavior and actions at the feast make very clear about her character?
(a) That she is in love with Pappas.
(b) That she values wealth more than friendship.
(c) That she is warm and genuine.
(d) That she is very temperamental.
4. What is the name of Meir's wife?
5. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
(a) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Greek tradition.
(b) Amram is an atheist.
(c) Amram is an unrelenting zealot in the Jewish tradition.
(d) Amram follows both the Greek and Jewish teachings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
2. Who does Elisha try to find in the pagan part of Caeserea?
3. Who does Elisha find, to his delight and surprise, in Caeserea?
4. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
5. Which renewed friend provides Elisha with a cover to get the books he needs?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)