|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is voted down.
(b) It is laughed out of court.
(c) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(d) It is adopted and set into motion.
2. Once Elisha surveys the desolation at the Temple Mount, what does he tell Joshua?
(a) That he is divorcing Deborah.
(b) That he does not think the rebuilding will ever happen.
(c) That he does not believe in God.
(d) That he is glad the rebuilding of the Temple will happen soon.
3. Who tells Elisha that there are rebels among the Jews?
(a) Uncle Amram.
(b) Rabbi Joshua.
(c) Rabbi Peter.
4. What does Elisha tell Meir's wife?
(a) She has married an awful husband.
(b) He does not appreciate her advances toward him.
(c) She should run away with him.
(d) He loves her.
5. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
(a) Studying it could help people forget their faith.
(b) That they burn all Greek literature.
(c) That the Sanhedrin tax owners of Greek literature.
(d) Studying it could help counter debate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great tragedy happened to Elisha's family?
2. Who tells Elisha Pappas is not good company for him, and that he should not be reading Greek books?
3. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
4. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
5. After Elisha's first meeting with Rabbi Joshua, how does Rabbi Joshua win Elisha's confidence?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)