|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deborah encourage Elisha to curry the Shraga's favor?
(a) She wants Elisha to become Shraga's disciple.
(b) She is concerned the Shraga might prevent his ordination.
(c) She wants the Shraga to give Elisha more servants.
(d) She is concerned the Shraga wants to take Elisha away from her.
2. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) They live in squalor.
(b) Their children are annoying.
(c) They're richer than her.
(d) They're not wealthy.
3. What does Elisha realize about his two years of study and the knowledge he has gleaned?
(a) It has fulfilled all his expectations.
(b) It has not supplied the answers he so desperately needs.
(c) He needs to study harder.
(d) He must quit studying.
4. On his next journey, when Elisha stops in a small town what does he see?
(a) A small girl dying on the street.
(b) A magician doing magic tricks.
(c) A washerwoman break her leg.
(d) A temple being built.
5. Why is Abuyah considered something of a heretic among others in this society?
(a) He is known to have studied Greek and Roman works.
(b) He is late for Elisha's circumcision.
(c) He spoke with Roman soldiers.
(d) His wife, Elisheba, died shortly after giving birth to his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Temple Mount to stop the work on the rebuilding of the Temple?
2. Whose mother dies soon after childbirth?
3. Where does the plague strike?
4. What type of teaching does Amram follow in his life, and how important is it to him?
5. How does Elisha try to console Deborah after she becomes pregnant twice and loses both babies?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)