|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Chapters XVI - XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Elisha present to his friends about Greek literature?
(a) That the Sanhedrin tax owners of Greek literature.
(b) Studying it could help counter debate.
(c) That they burn all Greek literature.
(d) Studying it could help people forget their faith.
2. What happens to Eliezer's proposal concerning the ban against pagan literature?
(a) It is adopted and set into motion.
(b) It is voted down.
(c) It creates a tie in the Sanhedrin.
(d) It is laughed out of court.
3. What is Deborah bothered by when around Meir and his wife?
(a) They're richer than her.
(b) They're not wealthy.
(c) Their children are annoying.
(d) They live in squalor.
4. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
(d) Very proud.
5. Where does Elisha suspect the real truth lies?
(a) Science, math, or philosophy.
(b) Math, english, and religion.
(c) The Sanhedrin, tradition, and ancient scriptures.
(d) Logic, reason, and astrology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elisha sent, as a sage, to sit in court over a controversial issue?
2. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
3. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
4. How does Elisha feel about Meir's marriage?
5. While the seventy sages of the Sanhedrin are in session, who raises the question about whether a man should use Greek books and letters to read and study?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)