|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters XV - XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Elisha welcomed when he arrives at the home of Pappas in Antioch?
(a) Pappas tells Elisha how ashamed of Elisha he is for running away.
(b) He is welcomed warmly.
(c) He arrives to find Pappas does not recognize Elisha.
(d) Pappas refuses to let Elisha in his home unless he accepts God.
2. What is Elisha dismayed to discover when he arrives to help with the court case?
(a) Shraga is not on the court case with him.
(b) Elisha is the only one on the case.
(c) Shraga is one of the other sages on the case.
(d) The case is already settled.
3. How do the deaths from the plague affect Elisha?
(a) He ignores their deaths.
(b) He finds justification for their deaths in the Bible.
(c) He is not affected by the deaths at all.
(d) He questions God's mercy for causing such anguish.
4. What news does Pappas return to Antioch with?
(a) Deborah wants a divorce, and Joshua has become ill.
(b) The Sanhedrin now studies Greek and Roman literature.
(c) The Sanhedrin does not want to extradite Elisha, and Joshua is dead.
(d) Deborah wants to reconcile.
5. What does Elisha's life revolve around once he begins his studies?
(d) Greek and Roman mythology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people who are caught practicing Jewish traditions and teachings?
2. What happens when Elisha goes to Manto's home when she is alone?
3. Why does Pappas go back to Israel?
4. How does Joshua, his old instructor, feel about Elisha?
5. To which court does the the merchant take his case, after he leaves the Jewish court?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)