|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be the subjects of the retreat?
(a) death, judgment, hell, and heaven
(b) mortifying the flesh
(c) confession and renewal
(d) sin and salvation
2. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
(a) Irish legends and music
(b) mostly of politics and family legends
(c) gambling and drinking
(d) religion and business
3. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
(c) His mother
4. When does Stephen feel happy?
(a) only when he is alone
(b) only when he sees the girl from the tram
(c) only when he thinks of Mercedes
(d) only when he has a sweet to eat
5. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(a) return to their seats
(c) stand in the corner
(d) sit on the floor
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen react to the announcement of the rector?
2. What does Stephen wonder about Father Arnall's getting upset?
3. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
4. How does the preacher define sin?
5. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)