|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alone in his room, what does Stephen see when he closes his eyes?
(a) faces of saints
(b) his sins replayed before him
(c) the girl Emma begging bread
(d) the tears of the virgin Mary
2. On his guilt trips, what does Stephen believe?
(a) that false homage to God cannot atone for sin as grievous as his.
(b) that maybe there is no God and no need for religion
(c) that God created him the way he is and there is nothing he can do about it
(d) that he can confess to the Virgin and never do it again
3. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
(a) He becomes seriously ill.
(b) He talks his parents into taking him home.
(c) He plans a revenge.
(d) He needs help to get out of the ditch.
4. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
(a) The rector excuses Father Dolan.
(b) The rector punishes Stephen again.
(c) The rector agrees to speak to Father Dolan.
(d) The rector dismisses Father Dolan.
5. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What interpretation does Stephen give to his dream and visions of beasts in the field?
2. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
3. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
4. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
5. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)