|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
(a) He speaks mainly from Stephen's mother's point of view.
(b) He speaks with a devoutly religious voice.
(c) He speaks largely from Stephen's perspective.
(d) He speaks only as an Irish nationalist.
2. What do Stephen and Aubrey do in the meadow?
(a) play football
(b) look for buried treasure
(c) ride a mare in the field
(d) pretend to be pirates
3. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
(a) all classes will be shortened
(b) a banquet will be served
(c) confession will be heard
(d) a day of prayer and meditation will be observed
4. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
(a) his lack of proper education
(b) his lack of ambition
(c) his youth and foolish impulses
(d) his inability to express himself
5. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen see himself because of his frequent visits to the brothel?
2. After dinner, why does Stephen march out of the house?
3. When does the preacher say the soul of the sinner is judged, and the time for repentance is passed?
4. What happens to Stephen's voice as he gets to his major sin?
5. What does Stephen figure out about his not returning to Clongowes?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)