|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He helps her off the tram.
(c) He sits her in his lap.
(d) He calls her Mercedes.
2. How does the priest react to Stephen's confession?
(a) refusing to give absolution
(b) suspicious that the boy is exaggerating
(c) in shock and disgust
(d) with kind words and exhortation
3. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
(a) the girl from the tram
4. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
(a) to be an imposter
(b) to be a hack writer
(c) to be a Frenchman
(d) to be an immoral heretic
5. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
(a) his lack of ambition
(b) his inability to express himself
(c) his youth and foolish impulses
(d) his lack of proper education
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
2. What is the literary method used in the novel?
3. When does the preacher say the soul of the sinner is judged, and the time for repentance is passed?
4. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
5. Who is Mike Flynn?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)