|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the confession, how does Stephen feel?
(a) euphoric and filled with grace
(b) glad that it is over but feeling the same
(c) happy to tell everyone his joy
(d) afraid he will die before receiving holy communion
2. What sensation does Stephen get while thinking back to Clongowes?
(a) He feels like the retreat is like falling into a ditch.
(b) He feels his soul become childlike.
(c) He feels ashamed of his father's financial difficulties.
(d) He feels all grown up.
3. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
(a) confession will be heard
(b) a banquet will be served
(c) all classes will be shortened
(d) a day of prayer and meditation will be observed
4. What strikes fear into the sinner, but is a blessed moment for the believer?
(b) the divil
(d) the Eucharist
5. What public transportation does Stephen take?
(a) new motor buses
(b) market carts
(c) shank's mare
(d) horse drawn trams
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is given to Stephen?
2. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
3. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
4. What keeps him from confessing his unworthiness and walking out of the chapel?
5. What does the rector announce to the class?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)