|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
(a) his sister's wedding
(b) a relapse of his illness
(c) Christmas holidays
(d) his father's heart attack
2. How does the preacher define sin?
(a) a giving in to our naturally base natures
(b) a rebellion of the intellect, incompatible with our true nature
(c) a wallowing in sinful mire
(d) a slap in the face of God
3. How does Stephen react to the announcement of the rector?
(a) His attitude is one of boredom.
(b) He is glad he will have a chance to reform.
(c) He plans to be sick next Friday.
(d) His heart withers with fear.
4. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
(a) a job interview
(b) the auction of his property
(c) a visit to a clinic
(d) Stephen's grandmother's funeral
5. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
2. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
3. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
4. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
5. What public transportation does Stephen take?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)