|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although he purposefully enters the brothel, how does he feel later?
(a) wounded and shamed by much of what he perceives there
(b) disturbed that he cannot save the workers there
(c) numbed as though he had not gone in
(d) justified that he acted only out of nature
2. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
(a) He plans a revenge.
(b) He needs help to get out of the ditch.
(c) He talks his parents into taking him home.
(d) He becomes seriously ill.
3. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
4. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
(a) Father Arnall
(b) his father with a strange woman
(c) Uncle Charles and Dante
(d) the girl from the tram
5. What job is given to Stephen?
(a) doing laundry
(b) unpacking boxes
(c) delivering newspapers
(d) carrying messages
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
2. What does the rector announce to the class?
3. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
4. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
5. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)