|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
(a) a visit to a clinic
(b) the auction of his property
(c) Stephen's grandmother's funeral
(d) a job interview
2. What will be the subjects of the retreat?
(a) sin and salvation
(b) mortifying the flesh
(c) confession and renewal
(d) death, judgment, hell, and heaven
3. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
(a) visit the rector
(b) put tacks in Father Dolan's chair
(c) run away from the school
(d) call the police
4. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
(a) Bentley Ann
(c) Minnie Cooper
5. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
(a) Dante and Uncle Charles
(b) Mother and Father
(c) Dante and Mr. Casey
(d) Stephen and Father
Short Answer Questions
1. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
2. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
3. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
4. What interpretation does Stephen give to his dream and visions of beasts in the field?
5. What does Stephen keep pasted inside his desk?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)