|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
(b) Minnie Cooper
(d) Bentley Ann
2. What will be the subjects of the retreat?
(a) confession and renewal
(b) death, judgment, hell, and heaven
(c) mortifying the flesh
(d) sin and salvation
3. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
(a) He speaks largely from Stephen's perspective.
(b) He speaks only as an Irish nationalist.
(c) He speaks with a devoutly religious voice.
(d) He speaks mainly from Stephen's mother's point of view.
4. What does the preacher say awaits those who do not make use of the atonement of Christ to right their relationship with God?
5. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
(a) an introduction to Mercedes
(b) to play hookey that afternoon
(c) identification of his favorite poet
(d) money for his lunch
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, why does Stephen march out of the house?
2. What interpretation does Stephen give to his dream and visions of beasts in the field?
3. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
4. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
5. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)