|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alone in his room, what does Stephen see when he closes his eyes?
(a) the tears of the virgin Mary
(b) faces of saints
(c) the girl Emma begging bread
(d) his sins replayed before him
2. Who from the Bible are contrasted by the preacher?
(a) Pharaoh is contrasted with Christ.
(b) Moses is contrasted with Christ.
(c) Pontius Pilate is contrasted with christ.
(d) Adam and Eve are contrasted with Christ.
3. What does Stephen do immediately after the play?
(a) He goes to a cast party.
(b) He looks for the girl.
(c) He hides backstage.
(d) He rushes off.
4. Why is Stephen exempted from his classes?
(a) because he was perfect on his exams
(b) because his glasses are broken
(c) because he broke his arm
(d) because he is still running a fever
5. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
(a) How she is too old for him.
(b) How he could easily catch hold of her and kiss her.
(c) How he would like to kick her.
(d) How much she looks like Mercedes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
2. What is a major theme of the book?
3. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
4. What do Stephen and Aubrey do in the meadow?
5. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)