|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
(a) to be a hack writer
(b) to be an immoral heretic
(c) to be a Frenchman
(d) to be an imposter
2. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(a) chronological account
(c) metaphor and irony
(d) stream of consciousness
3. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) In the Gloaming
(b) Old Dan tucker
(c) The Irish Lullaby
(d) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
4. What does Stephen resolve to do?
(a) find Emma and marry her
(b) make up for his sinful past with every hour of his life
(c) become a priest
(d) go and preach to the prostitutes in the brothel
5. How does Stephen see the priests in this first chapter of the book?
(a) as flawless beings
(b) as merciless oppressors
(c) as irreligious
(d) as avenging angels of God
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher say is available to the living to spare them from this everlasting torment?
2. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
3. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
4. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
5. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)