|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stephen's condition as he leaves the retreat?
(a) Stephen is rebellious against all he had heard.
(b) Stephen is happy that he has overcome his lusts.
(c) Stephen is so sick he fears he may have already died.
(d) Stephen is determined to leave the Church.
2. How does Stephen react to the announcement of the rector?
(a) His attitude is one of boredom.
(b) He is glad he will have a chance to reform.
(c) His heart withers with fear.
(d) He plans to be sick next Friday.
3. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) ways to meet girls
(b) a team to make money
(c) imaginary adventures
(d) a blood brother pact
4. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
(a) He gets a bloody nose.
(b) He runs away from Clongowes.
(c) His glasses break.
(d) He fights back.
5. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
(a) His father sells the automobile.
(b) He notices slight changes around the house.
(c) His mother takes in laundry.
(d) He does not get new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
2. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
3. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
4. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
5. What happens to Stephen's hands when Father Dolan does not believe his glasses broke by accident?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)