|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
(a) Mother and Father
(b) Dante and Mr. Casey
(c) Stephen and Father
(d) Dante and Uncle Charles
2. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
(a) Tusker Boyle
(b) the bully Wells
(c) Father Arnall
(d) Father Dolan
3. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
(a) He calls her Mercedes.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He sits her in his lap.
(d) He helps her off the tram.
4. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
(a) identification of his favorite poet
(b) to play hookey that afternoon
(c) money for his lunch
(d) an introduction to Mercedes
5. What political figure becomes a topic of conversation and disagreement among the adults?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
2. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
3. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
4. Who is Mike Flynn?
5. What scandalous suggestion is rumored about the five boys who ran away?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)