|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
(a) In the thick of the action
(b) on the fringes of his line
(c) on the bench
(d) next to the prefect
2. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
(a) getting drunk on communion wine
(b) teaching apostacy
(c) mixing politics into his sermons
(d) molesting children
3. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
(a) He gets a bloody nose.
(b) His glasses break.
(c) He fights back.
(d) He runs away from Clongowes.
4. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
(a) How she is too old for him.
(b) How he would like to kick her.
(c) How he could easily catch hold of her and kiss her.
(d) How much she looks like Mercedes.
5. What was Stephen's early song?
(a) Old Dan tucker
(b) The Irish Lullaby
(c) In the Gloaming
(d) O, the Wild Rose Blooms
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
2. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
3. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
4. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
5. What is a major theme of the book?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)