|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
(a) to play hookey that afternoon
(b) money for his lunch
(c) an introduction to Mercedes
(d) identification of his favorite poet
2. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
(a) How he could easily catch hold of her and kiss her.
(b) How he would like to kick her.
(c) How much she looks like Mercedes.
(d) How she is too old for him.
3. For what does Stephen continually search?
(a) for his friend Aubrey
(b) for his fortune
(c) for a job
(d) for his Mercedes
4. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He is ashamed of his clothes.
(b) He drives a new carriage.
(c) He has a broken leg.
(d) He has grown too senile.
5. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
(a) teaching apostacy
(b) mixing politics into his sermons
(c) getting drunk on communion wine
(d) molesting children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
2. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
3. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
4. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
5. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)