|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
(a) The Pickwick Papers
(b) comic books
(c) The Count of Monte Cristo
(d) the newspaper
2. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
(a) his habit of writing poems
(b) his habit of cutting classes
(c) his habit of eavesdropping
(d) his habit of obedience
3. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(a) stand in the corner
(c) return to their seats
(d) sit on the floor
4. What job is given to Stephen?
(a) delivering newspapers
(b) doing laundry
(c) unpacking boxes
(d) carrying messages
5. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He sits her in his lap.
(c) He calls her Mercedes.
(d) He helps her off the tram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
2. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
3. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
4. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
5. When does Stephen feel happy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)