|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
(a) broken fingers
(b) Father Dolan interfering in Father Arnall's class
(c) broken blood vessels in his hands
(d) unjust punishment
2. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
(a) He speaks with a devoutly religious voice.
(b) He speaks only as an Irish nationalist.
(c) He speaks mainly from Stephen's mother's point of view.
(d) He speaks largely from Stephen's perspective.
3. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
(a) He becomes seriously ill.
(b) He plans a revenge.
(c) He talks his parents into taking him home.
(d) He needs help to get out of the ditch.
4. Where does Stephen keep himself during the football game?
(a) on the bench
(b) next to the prefect
(c) In the thick of the action
(d) on the fringes of his line
5. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
(a) kissing his mother before bedtime
(b) wearing short pants
(c) wetting his bed
(d) writing letters to Eileen
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the trip that causes Stephen's father to sip from his flask?
2. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
3. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
4. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
5. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)