|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(a) sit on the floor
(c) stand in the corner
(d) return to their seats
2. What is the name of the school Stephen next enrolls in?
(a) Dublin Polytechnic
(c) Byron Academy
3. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that she was in a hurry to leave
(b) that her hat was on backwards
(c) that she was going to cry
(d) that she wore too much perfume
4. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
(a) Father Arnall
(b) Father Parnell
(c) Father O'Casey
(d) Father Dolan
5. How does Stephen follow the adult conversation at Christmas?
(a) He wonders why adults like to talk so much.
(b) He takes in everything and understands.
(c) He does not understand fully what they talk about.
(d) He begins to formulate new political ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
2. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
3. What is the literary method used in the novel?
4. After Blackrock, where does the family move?
5. What was Stephen's early song?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)