|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
(b) Minnie Cooper
(d) Bentley Ann
2. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) shutting out sound by concentration on home
(b) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
(c) humming softly to himself
(d) putting beans in his ears
3. By summer, where has the family moved?
4. After Blackrock, where does the family move?
(a) to a small house in Belfast
(b) back into their old home
(c) into less comfortable accommodations in Dublin
(d) to an apartment in London
5. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
(a) Uncle Charles and Dante
(b) Father Arnall
(c) the girl from the tram
(d) his father with a strange woman
Short Answer Questions
1. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
2. What is the literary method used in the novel?
3. What was Stephen's early song?
4. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
5. What does Stephen do immediately after the play?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)