|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(a) stand in the corner
(b) sit on the floor
(c) return to their seats
2. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
(a) tries to use them in his own conversation
(b) makes a list but does not spell them correctly
(c) figures out their meanings
(d) interrupts conversation to ask their meanings
3. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
(a) his habit of cutting classes
(b) his habit of obedience
(c) his habit of writing poems
(d) his habit of eavesdropping
4. What do the older men Stephen walks with usually talk about?
(a) mostly of politics and family legends
(b) Irish legends and music
(c) gambling and drinking
(d) religion and business
5. By summer, where has the family moved?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Blackrock, where does the family move?
2. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
3. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
4. What is a major theme of the book?
5. How does Stephen see the priests in this first chapter of the book?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)