|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Blackrock, where does the family move?
(a) into less comfortable accommodations in Dublin
(b) back into their old home
(c) to a small house in Belfast
(d) to an apartment in London
2. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
(b) sit on the floor
(c) stand in the corner
(d) return to their seats
3. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
(a) that she was going to cry
(b) that she wore too much perfume
(c) that she was in a hurry to leave
(d) that her hat was on backwards
4. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(b) metaphor and irony
(c) chronological account
(d) stream of consciousness
5. What does Stephen like in Doctor Cornwell's Spelling Book?
(a) large print
(b) margin notes he wrote
(c) funny illustrations
(d) nice sentences
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
2. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
3. Where does Stephen imagine he will live when he gets married?
4. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
5. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)