|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
(a) Dante and Uncle Charles
(b) Stephen and Father
(c) Dante and Mr. Casey
(d) Mother and Father
2. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
(a) Stephen's family moves again.
(b) Stephen finds a steady job.
(c) Stephen works out on the track with Mike.
(d) Stephen does not return to Clongowes.
3. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
(c) the girl from the tram
4. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
(a) teaching apostacy
(b) getting drunk on communion wine
(c) mixing politics into his sermons
(d) molesting children
5. Where do Stephen and his father go at night by rail?
(a) to Clongowes
(b) to Cork
(c) to Belfast
(d) to Gallway
Short Answer Questions
1. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
2. What does Stephen complain about to the rector?
3. What choice is given two of the older boys after the group of runaways is returned to Clongowes?
4. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
5. What job is given to Stephen?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)