|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(b) metaphor and irony
(c) chronological account
(d) stream of consciousness
2. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They spit in the holy water.
(b) They stole from the collection box.
(c) They went to sea.
(d) They drank communion wine.
3. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
(a) his father
(b) Uncle Charles
4. What makes Stephen angry with himself?
(a) his inability to express himself
(b) his youth and foolish impulses
(c) his lack of ambition
(d) his lack of proper education
5. What public transportation does Stephen take?
(a) shank's mare
(b) new motor buses
(c) horse drawn trams
(d) market carts
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys see Stephen after he talks with the rector?
2. How does Stephen see the priests in this first chapter of the book?
3. After what does Stephen model his poem titles in his notebook?
4. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
5. What does Heron claim Lord Byron to be?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)