|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
(a) mixing politics into his sermons
(b) getting drunk on communion wine
(c) teaching apostacy
(d) molesting children
2. What does Stephen do immediately after the play?
(a) He rushes off.
(b) He hides backstage.
(c) He looks for the girl.
(d) He goes to a cast party.
3. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
4. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
(a) Father Arnall
(b) Father Parnell
(c) Father Dolan
(d) Father O'Casey
5. By summer, where has the family moved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen like in Doctor Cornwell's Spelling Book?
2. What does Stephen pretend not to notice when his mother says goodbye to him at school?
3. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
4. After the punishment, what are Flemming and Stephen told to do?
5. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)