|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets upset when several of the boys cannot answer a question correctly in Latin class?
(a) Father Arnall
(b) Father Parnell
(c) Father Dolan
(d) Father O'Casey
2. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(a) chronological account
(b) stream of consciousness
(d) metaphor and irony
3. How do the boys see Stephen after he talks with the rector?
(a) as a sneak
(b) as a hero
(c) as a tattle tale
(d) as an enemy
4. Which of the older boys opted for the flogging?
(a) a boy named Wells
(b) a boy named Simon Moonan
(c) a boy named Corrigan
(d) a boy named Tusker Boyle
5. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They drank communion wine.
(b) They spit in the holy water.
(c) They stole from the collection box.
(d) They went to sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
2. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
3. Where does Stephen imagine he will live when he gets married?
4. What happens to Stephen's hands when Father Dolan does not believe his glasses broke by accident?
5. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)