|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the literary method used in the novel?
(b) chronological account
(c) metaphor and irony
(d) stream of consciousness
2. What is Stephen's favorite reading material?
(a) comic books
(b) the newspaper
(c) The Pickwick Papers
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo
3. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
(a) figures out their meanings
(b) makes a list but does not spell them correctly
(c) interrupts conversation to ask their meanings
(d) tries to use them in his own conversation
4. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They stole from the collection box.
(b) They spit in the holy water.
(c) They went to sea.
(d) They drank communion wine.
5. What does Mr. Casey say he did to a woman who was speaking ill of Parnell?
(a) stepped on her toes
(b) slapped her with his gloves
(c) spit tobacco juice in her eye
(d) showed her his backside
Short Answer Questions
1. After the punishment, what do the boys urge Stephen to do?
2. Who does Stephen suspect is also in the audience the night of the play?
3. During table conversation, what is a local Catholic priest accused of?
4. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
5. Who gets into an argument during Christmas dinner?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)