|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor about the five boys who ran away from Clongowes?
(a) They stole from the collection box.
(b) They spit in the holy water.
(c) They went to sea.
(d) They drank communion wine.
2. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
(a) He fights back.
(b) His glasses break.
(c) He runs away from Clongowes.
(d) He gets a bloody nose.
3. Where do Stephen and his father go at night by rail?
(a) to Belfast
(b) to Cork
(c) to Gallway
(d) to Clongowes
4. What happens when summer vacation is over for Stephen?
(a) Stephen's family moves again.
(b) Stephen does not return to Clongowes.
(c) Stephen works out on the track with Mike.
(d) Stephen finds a steady job.
5. What limits the omniscience of the narrator of the story?
(a) He speaks only as an Irish nationalist.
(b) He speaks with a devoutly religious voice.
(c) He speaks mainly from Stephen's mother's point of view.
(d) He speaks largely from Stephen's perspective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Stephen have over the reversal of his family's fortunes?
2. What is the literary method used in the novel?
3. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
4. After Blackrock, where does the family move?
5. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)