|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle Charles no longer walk to the shops?
(a) He drives a new carriage.
(b) He has a broken leg.
(c) He is ashamed of his clothes.
(d) He has grown too senile.
2. Which of the older boys opted for the flogging?
(a) a boy named Tusker Boyle
(b) a boy named Simon Moonan
(c) a boy named Wells
(d) a boy named Corrigan
3. What results from Stephen's meeting to complain about Father Dolan?
(a) The rector excuses Father Dolan.
(b) The rector agrees to speak to Father Dolan.
(c) The rector dismisses Father Dolan.
(d) The rector punishes Stephen again.
4. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
(a) He fights back.
(b) His glasses break.
(c) He gets a bloody nose.
(d) He runs away from Clongowes.
5. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
(a) Uncle Charles
(b) his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Stephen's early song?
2. What is Stephen's most troubling problem as he sees it?
3. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
4. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
5. Why is Stephen exempted from his classes?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)