|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephen's walking around in smaller and smaller circles eventually lead him?
(a) to his home
(b) to the school
(c) the the church
(d) to the brothel quarter
2. Who suggests that Stephen broke his glasses himself in order to get out of his schoolwork?
(a) Tusker Boyle
(b) Father Dolan
(c) the bully Wells
(d) Father Arnall
3. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) imaginary adventures
(b) a team to make money
(c) a blood brother pact
(d) ways to meet girls
4. How does Stephen regulate the noise he hears in the refractory?
(a) shutting out sound by concentration on home
(b) humming softly to himself
(c) putting beans in his ears
(d) closing and opening the flaps of his ears
5. What does Stephen do about new words he hears the adults use?
(a) makes a list but does not spell them correctly
(b) figures out their meanings
(c) interrupts conversation to ask their meanings
(d) tries to use them in his own conversation
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Stephen continually search?
2. What goes through Stephen's mind about the beautiful girl at the party?
3. How does Stephen follow the adult conversation at Christmas?
4. What does Stephen wonder about Father Arnall's getting upset?
5. Alone in his room, what does Stephen see when he closes his eyes?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)