|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the older boys opted for the flogging?
(a) a boy named Tusker Boyle
(b) a boy named Corrigan
(c) a boy named Simon Moonan
(d) a boy named Wells
2. What is the first occasion for Stephen to return home from school?
(a) his father's heart attack
(b) a relapse of his illness
(c) Christmas holidays
(d) his sister's wedding
3. Who bumps Stephen into a square ditch of slimy, cold water?
(a) a boy named Fleming
(b) the prefect
(c) a boy named Wells
(d) the language teacher
4. What gives Stephen a second clue that all is not well financially with the family?
(a) His father sells the automobile.
(b) His mother takes in laundry.
(c) He does not get new clothes.
(d) He notices slight changes around the house.
5. Who does Stephen fantasize about marrying when he grows up?
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen wonder about Father Arnall's getting upset?
2. How old is Stephen when he goes to confess his terrible sin?
3. At school, what is the unusual word Stephen sees carved into a desk?
4. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
5. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)