|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Stephen and Aubrey Mills formulate?
(a) a team to make money
(b) a blood brother pact
(c) ways to meet girls
(d) imaginary adventures
2. What does Stephen wonder about Father Arnall's getting upset?
(a) if it means trouble
(b) if it is a sin
(c) if he hates boys
(d) if he will have a stroke
3. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
(b) Uncle Charles
(d) his father
4. What does the rector say the retreat signifies?
(a) a withdrawal from the worldly cares
(b) a chance to enter the seminary
(c) a time off for good behavior
(d) a dedication to better study
5. What will be the subjects of the retreat?
(a) mortifying the flesh
(b) death, judgment, hell, and heaven
(c) confession and renewal
(d) sin and salvation
Short Answer Questions
1. What is detailed by cramped conditions, the darkness, the stench, the fires, the enraged howls and suffering screams of the damned, and the mocking of devils?
2. What is a major theme of the book?
3. What is demanded by boys Stephen meets on the road?
4. What results when Stephen is bullied again?
5. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)