|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alone in his room, what does Stephen see when he closes his eyes?
(a) the girl Emma begging bread
(b) faces of saints
(c) his sins replayed before him
(d) the tears of the virgin Mary
2. Who does Stephen know for sure is in the audience for a play he is in at school?
(a) Uncle Charles
(b) his father
3. What is the name of the school Stephen next enrolls in?
(c) Byron Academy
(d) Dublin Polytechnic
4. What does the rector say the retreat signifies?
(a) a withdrawal from the worldly cares
(b) a chance to enter the seminary
(c) a dedication to better study
(d) a time off for good behavior
5. What do the boys at school tease Stephen about?
(a) wetting his bed
(b) wearing short pants
(c) kissing his mother before bedtime
(d) writing letters to Eileen
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stephen react to the announcement of the rector?
2. What happens in Stephen's poem about the girl in the tram?
3. What results from Stephen's fall into the ditch?
4. What choice is given two of the older boys after the group of runaways is returned to Clongowes?
5. What are Stephen's father and the priests always urging him to do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)