|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rector announce to the class?
(a) a retreat over the next few days
(b) an early dismissal for the next few days
(c) tests for a scholarship program
(d) extra credit for serving as altarboys
2. What suddenly awakens in Stephen as he revels in nature along the breakwater?
(a) a desire to return to the church
(b) a longing for security
(c) a better understanding of his family
(d) a new found creativity
3. Who is Mike Flynn?
(a) The man Stephen's father works for.
(b) The man who who supervises Stephen's runs around the track.
(c) The man Stephen goes to work for.
(d) The man who buys Stephen's father's business.
4. What do Stephen and Aubrey do in the meadow?
(a) pretend to be pirates
(b) look for buried treasure
(c) play football
(d) ride a mare in the field
5. What habit does Stephen hang onto?
(a) his habit of eavesdropping
(b) his habit of writing poems
(c) his habit of obedience
(d) his habit of cutting classes
Short Answer Questions
1. While onstage delivering his lines, who does Stephen see in the audience?
2. What is the name of the character Stephen is fixated on?
3. What is Stephen's condition as he leaves the retreat?
4. What does the rector announce that will take place on Friday?
5. Where does Stephen's father want to send him?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)