|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While fighting in the tournament in disguise, why does Lancelot flee from blows and avoid battle?
(a) Because the Queen told him to "do your best."
(b) Because he wishes to meet death in battle.
(c) Because he is not a very good fighter.
(d) Because the Queen told him to "do your worst."
2. Who tells the story of finding an ugly peasant and a knight appearing after a storm?
(a) Sir Gawain.
3. Who helps Yvain regain sanity?
(b) Morgan the wise.
4. What does Lancelot ask the dwarf?
(a) About Queen Guinevere's whereabouts.
(b) To be given a ride in the cart.
(c) About Kay's whereabouts.
(d) To buy Kay's horse.
5. Under what conditions must Yvain fight the demon brothers?
(a) The lion must be locked away.
(b) The lion must help him.
(c) He cannot use a shield.
(d) He cannot use a sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laudine's agreement to take Lunete's advice show us?
2. Where does Meleagant imprison Lancelot?
3. After the first fight, who does Yvain fight next?
4. Whose assistance does the older daughter of the Lord of Blackthorn gain?
5. What are the terms Yvain must agree to in order to be allowed to leave to attend King Arthur's tournaments?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lancelot attempt to regain his pride from his shameful cart ride in The Knight of the Cart?
2. How is Lunete's identity foreshadowed when Yvain comes across her as a prisoner?
3. What does Lunete give to Yvain, and why?
4. In the beginning of The Knight of the Cart, the knight who appears in the beginning and issues a challenge foreshadows what?
5. With Kay insisting upon leaving after the knight issues a challenge, what qualities does he show and how does it affect the Queen in The Knight of the Cart?
6. Why does Yvain go in search of the spring?
7. What is the irony of King Bademagu keeping the Queen safely confined in The Knight of the Cart?
8. What are two ways that Yvain shows his love for Laudine?
9. What shame follows Lancelot throughout his adventures in The Knight of the Cart?
10. What is the dispute between the two daughters of the Lord of Blackthorn?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)