|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Lancelot and other knights set out to search for after his fight with Meleagant has ended?
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) Sir Gawain.
2. What does the maiden want who approaches Lancelot, after his fight with the proud knight who challenged him?
(a) The defeated knight's hand in marriage.
(b) His agreement to marry her.
(c) The defeated knight's head.
(d) That he lay with her.
3. What does the lion vow to do?
(b) Kill the next dragon who attacks him.
(c) Serve and protect Yvain.
(d) Kill Yvain for helping him.
4. One year passes and Yvain has broken his promise. A damsel arrives and tells Yvain he has lost his wife's love. What does Yvain do immediately after?
(a) Rushes back home and argues with his wife for giving him such foolish terms.
(b) Rushes back home and pleads forgiveness.
(c) Runs into the woods and tries to find his wife.
(d) Runs into the woods and lives like a madman.
5. Who does Yvain save the lion from?
(c) Three knights.
(d) A dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Kay make?
2. Who tells the story of finding an ugly peasant and a knight appearing after a storm?
3. What does the person from Question #112 give Yvain to prevent him from being seen?
4. Where does Meleagant imprison Lancelot?
5. When Laudine refuses to perjure herself, what does this demonstrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of The Knight of the Cart, the knight who appears in the beginning and issues a challenge foreshadows what?
2. What does Lunete give to Yvain, and why?
3. What does Lancelot's ability to lift the stone slab in the church's cemetery in The Knight of the Cart foreshadow?
4. What is the irony of Laudine begging Yvain to stay after he defeats the three knights?
5. What are a few examples of Lancelot's demonstrating his love for the Queen in The Knight of the Cart?
6. Describe what can be understood of Calogrenant and Kay's characters when they see the Queen in The Knight with the Lion.
7. Even though there is a lot of indication of magic and sorcery, what is the only real magic displayed in The Knight of the Cart?
8. In The Knight of the Cart, why does the girl who offers lodging to Lancelot try to keep him from seeing the comb?
9. What is the dispute between the two daughters of the Lord of Blackthorn?
10. How is Lunete's identity foreshadowed when Yvain comes across her as a prisoner?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)