|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose assistance does the older daughter of the Lord of Blackthorn gain?
(a) The lion.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) King Arthur.
2. What does Sir Gawain prevent Lancelot from doing when they see Queen Guinevere captive?
(a) Running downstairs to the rescue.
(b) Jumping out the window.
(c) Killing the dwarf who kidnaps her.
(d) Jumping from the roof.
3. How does Lancelot join the Queen in her room?
(a) By sneaking in through the open window.
(b) By unlocking her door and sneaking in.
(c) By convincing her to unlock her door and let him in.
(d) By bending the bars at her window.
4. Who is the prisoner that Yvain and the lion come across?
(c) Sir Gawain.
5. What is the quickest way to Meleagant's lands?
(a) Sword Passage.
(b) Sword Bridge.
(c) Stone Bridge.
(d) Stone Passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancelot ask the dwarf?
2. After the tournament, where does Lancelot return to?
3. When the lion joins in Yvain's fight, what quality does he demonstrate?
4. What town does Yvain travel to?
5. One year passes and Yvain has broken his promise. A damsel arrives and tells Yvain he has lost his wife's love. What does Yvain do immediately after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some instances in which Lancelot's appeal to women is depicted?
2. Describe what can be understood of Calogrenant and Kay's characters when they see the Queen in The Knight with the Lion.
3. Briefly compare and contrast King Bademagu and his son, Meleagant, from The Knight of the Cart.
4. What is the irony of Laudine begging Yvain to stay after he defeats the three knights?
5. In the beginning of The Knight with the Lion, Calogrenant's declaration that he will tell a tale of his dishonor foreshadows what?
6. Even though there is a lot of indication of magic and sorcery, what is the only real magic displayed in The Knight of the Cart?
7. In The Knight of the Cart, why does the girl who offers lodging to Lancelot try to keep him from seeing the comb?
8. With Kay insisting upon leaving after the knight issues a challenge, what qualities does he show and how does it affect the Queen in The Knight of the Cart?
9. What are two ways that Yvain shows his love for Laudine?
10. What are a few examples of Lancelot's demonstrating his love for the Queen in The Knight of the Cart?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)