|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Story of the Grail (Perceval).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the story of finding an ugly peasant and a knight appearing after a storm?
(c) Sir Gawain.
2. How does Alis break his oath to his brother?
(a) By deciding to take a wife.
(b) By giving up the throne to Cliges.
(c) By retaining the crown.
(d) By not giving up the throne to Cliges.
3. Who says "Love is worse than Hate because he wounds and destroys his devotee"?
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(c) King Arthur.
4. To whom does King Arthur trust the governing of England during his leave?
(b) Count Angre.
(c) Queen Guinevere.
5. In the midst of searching for Lancelot, why do Sir Gawain, Kay, and the other knights return to King Arthur's court?
(a) Queen Guinevere pleads with them to return her to her husband.
(b) They receive a letter stating that Lancelot is dead.
(c) They are summoned by King Arthur to return.
(d) They recieve a letter stating that Lancelot has returned himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Perceval sees knights approaching for the first time, what does he think they are?
2. Who finally takes vengeance upon Meleagant for all of his mischief?
3. What does Perceval learn was the reason for his being unable to ask about the lance or the grail at the Fisher King's castle?
4. Whose assistance does the younger daughter seek?
5. Who is Sir Gawain's father?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)