|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Story of the Grail (Perceval).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Never do I seek to be free from Love so as not to devote myself always to his service"?
(a) King Arthur.
(c) Queen Guinevere.
2. It is discovered that the maiden sitting on the bed is who?
(a) She is Enide's sister.
(b) She is Enide's cousin.
(c) She is Erec's cousin.
(d) She is Erec's sister.
3. In the beginning of The Knight with the Lion, to whom is the queen speaking when she says, "You are malicious and ill bred to quarrel with your companions"?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(c) Sir Yvain.
4. When Yvain enters a strongly fortified town, who do he and the lion end up fighting?
(a) Hairpin of the Mountain.
(b) A wealthy man's sons.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) Two giants.
5. After leaving King Arthur a second time, who do Erec and Enide come across and why is she distressed?
(a) A maiden who is crying because her lover has been kidnapped.
(b) A knight who is crying because his lover has been slain.
(c) A knight who is crying because his lover has been kidnapped.
(d) A maiden who is crying because her lover has been slain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Erec do to discover the Joy of the Court?
2. What reminds Perceval of Blancheflor's blush?
3. To whom does King Arthur trust the governing of England during his leave?
4. After fighting the giants, what happens to Erec once he has returned to Enide?
5. At King Arthur's court, what is the color of armor that Cliges wears on the second day of the tournament?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)