|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Knight of the Cart (Lancelot).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Never do I seek to be free from Love so as not to devote myself always to his service"?
(a) Queen Guinevere.
(c) King Arthur.
2. What adventures does Erec decide to undertake after hearing of it from Guivret?
(a) The Joy of the Court.
(b) The Contest of the Sparrowhawk.
(c) The Slaying of the Giants.
(d) The Hunt of the White Stag.
3. What is discovered about the man King Arthur left in charge of England?
(a) He no longer wishes to be in charge.
(b) He has died from a disease.
(c) He wishes to challenge the King.
(d) He wishes to join the King.
4. Upon whom does the King bestow the kiss of the white stag?
(a) The queen.
(b) His daughter.
(d) Erec's maiden.
5. In the midst of searching for Lancelot, why do Sir Gawain, Kay, and the other knights return to King Arthur's court?
(a) They receive a letter stating that Lancelot is dead.
(b) They are summoned by King Arthur to return.
(c) They recieve a letter stating that Lancelot has returned himself.
(d) Queen Guinevere pleads with them to return her to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which two historical figures is King Arthur compared?
2. Who discovers Fenice and Cliges together?
3. What does Lancelot ask the dwarf?
4. What happens to Lancelot at midnight when he sleeps in the reserved bed?
5. When Cliges finally reveals his identity to Sir Gawain and King Arthur, what do they do?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)