|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting Artemis, what kind of experts does Root employ?
2. What does Holly find hidden in her boot?
3. What action does Root takes once he realizes Holly is in danger?
4. How has Mulch lost his magic?
5. What do Foaly and Root believe about Mulch after the iris-cam goes out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comments are made throughout Chapter 5 about the atrocities of humans. What comments are made?
2. What has happened to Juliet since Holly retrieved her powers?
3. How and why does Holly save the Mud People?
4. How is Butler's strength shown in Chapter 5 at the docks?
5. What happens to Mulch after he checks in on Holly and she informs him that she cannot leave?
6. What is Holly's plan now that she has restored her power?
7. How does Root plan on using Mulch?
8. Describe in detail the complete fight between Butler and the troll.
9. What is the first meeting of Holly and Juliet like?
10. How is Holly planning to escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is it possible for the reader to empathize with such an evil character as Artemis? Why does Colfer want the reader to empathize with Artemis? How does this empathy draw the reader into the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is the plot suspenseful? Use specific events to show the suspense and explain why it is used.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the relationship of Cudgeon and Root. Show its negative effects on each of the commanders and on the situation that they are trying to resolve.
This section contains 1,757 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)