|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is comedic about the conversation between Trouble and Grub?
2. How does Holly stop the troll from hurting Juliet?
3. Where does Foaly place Mulch's camera?
4. Into what room of the house does Mulch tunnel?
5. What does Artemis say about the People entering his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the encounter like between Root and Artemis in Fowl Manor?
2. How does Butler show fear for the first time in the novel?
3. What is the first meeting of Holly and Juliet like?
4. How has Angeline's mental health diminished since the beginning of the novel to the next time that we meet her with Artemis?
5. What happens to Mulch after he checks in on Holly and she informs him that she cannot leave?
6. What happens to Mulch while he is in prison in his latest incident?
7. How does Root plan on using Mulch?
8. What is the conflict between Cudgeon and Root in planning the first siege against Artemis?
9. What is the first meeting like between Artemis and Holly?
10. What kind of a character is Mulch Diggums?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Mulch's character dynamic? How does the dynamic of his character add to the suspense and comedy of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
From the beginning of the novel to the end, trace the relationship between Artemis and Angeline. How is their relationship similar to that of a healthy mother/son relationship? How does it contrast?
Essay Topic 3
How does Butler show courage in regard to his relationship with his sister? How does he show love in the guise of fear? How do these emotions add to the dynamic of his character? Does Colfer succeed in creating a character that moves the reader?
This section contains 1,644 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)