|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response did Artemis give to Holly that made him angry with himself after she came into the study?
2. What does Cudgeon remind Root of concerning the mission to save Holly?
3. What does Foaly compare the riding of a pod to when Root appears uncomfortable?
4. Where does Artemis take the locator?
5. What do Foaly and Root see on the feed from Holly that convinces them that she is in trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Holly save the Mud People?
2. How does Butler show fear for the first time in the novel?
3. How is Holly planning to escape?
4. Describe in detail the complete fight between Butler and the troll.
5. Comments are made throughout Chapter 5 about the atrocities of humans. What comments are made?
6. What kind of a character is Mulch Diggums?
7. How has Angeline's mental health diminished since the beginning of the novel to the next time that we meet her with Artemis?
8. What has happened to Juliet since Holly retrieved her powers?
9. How does Root plan on using Mulch?
10. What is the first meeting of Holly and Juliet like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Artemis Fowl a dynamic character? How do the dynamics of his character allow the reader to connect with him? How do the dynamics make him a memorable character?
Essay Topic 2
How is it possible for the reader to empathize with such an evil character as Artemis? Why does Colfer want the reader to empathize with Artemis? How does this empathy draw the reader into the story?
Essay Topic 3
What are the strengths and weakness of the relationship between Artemis and Butler? How do the strengths add to the criminal lifestyle that they lead? How do the weaknesses of the relationship detract from what they are trying to accomplish?
This section contains 1,711 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)