|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of computers does Artemis use?
2. On the stake out in Chapter 4, what is troubling Artemis?
3. What does Nguyen have as proof of the existence of the sprite?
4. For what is the Fowl family legendary?
5. As Artemis prepares to leave his mother's room in Chapter 2, how does she treat him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a character is Angeline Fowl?
2. How does Artemis use technology?
3. Why is there a need to go to the surface because a troll is there?
4. How do Holly's choices show her to be an independent creature?
5. How does Holly's lack of magic hurt her mission?
6. Parts of Chapter 1 show a sense of humor from the author. Where is the humor?
7. What shocks Holly about Artemis and Butler?
8. Why is Holly trying to prove herself?
9. Why are Root's expectations of Holly so high?
10. How it the theme of magic introduced in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the minor character fairies of the story comical? State specific incidents in which they are funny. How does the comedy add to the depth of the tale?
Essay Topic 2
How is Mulch's character dynamic? How does the dynamic of his character add to the suspense and comedy of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is Root's character both lovable and infuriating? Why does Colfer create such an endearing character? Do his characteristics make him a memorable character?
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)