|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Holly have to plant in order to regain her powers?
2. What kind of wings does Holly own?
3. What does the word "Scopes" mean?
4. What does Holly put in her mouth before blasting off to the surface?
5. How does Holly physically get to the surface on her mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there a need to go to the surface because a troll is there?
2. What is Foaly's role in the agency?
3. What is Artemis's true motivation for his quest?
4. What is the Ritual?
5. How is the translation of the Book a challenge for Artemis?
6. How is the sprite's way of life unexpected?
7. Why are Root's expectations of Holly so high?
8. How does Artemis use technology?
9. Why does Holly lie to Root about her magic being low?
10. What is the Fowl family history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is it possible for the reader to empathize with such an evil character as Artemis? Why does Colfer want the reader to empathize with Artemis? How does this empathy draw the reader into the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is the plot suspenseful? Use specific events to show the suspense and explain why it is used.
Essay Topic 3
How is Holly the central character of the story and if so, why does Eoin Colfer choose the central character to be a female?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)