|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most magical country in the world according to the text?
2. What does Holly have on her wrist when she first reaches the surface?
3. What does Artemis put into the whiskey bottle that he gives the sprite?
4. What kind of computers does Artemis use?
5. What does Artemis need the gold for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Holly trying to prove herself?
2. What does the opening of the fairy Book reveal?
3. How does Holly's lack of magic hurt her mission?
4. What is Foaly's role in the agency?
5. How is the sprite's way of life unexpected?
6. What other side of Artemis is revealed in Chapter 4?
7. How does Artemis use technology?
8. What objects are used to indicate that this is a modern/futuristic novel?
9. How is the translation of the Book a challenge for Artemis?
10. Specifically, how do Butler and Artemis find Holly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace the relationship of Cudgeon and Root. Show its negative effects on each of the commanders and on the situation that they are trying to resolve.
Essay Topic 2
How does Artemis's need for gold affect every decision that he makes? How does his family history cause his need for the gold? Is his quest successful? Does Artemis need the quest to be successful in order to heal his family?
Essay Topic 3
How is the novel both futuristic and folklore? How does that enhance the storyline?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)